Undefeated Season | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Undefeated Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

BooRadley

CPL Boo, USMC
Reaction Score
If we dont lose this season...when will be the next time we lose?????????? assuming we stay healthly and no major transfers.

Optimus Prime, I salute you!!!

Your Ol' Pal Boo

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Watching the game againest Stanford we played with grit, desire, determination, pride, trust, confidence and relentlessness. We never gave up and never let up. We shot poorly and won by double digets. We were shorter then the big tall Cardinal. They pushed us around. Sort of David and Goliath. Winning that game was quite an acheivment. The qualities I mentioned are qualities of winners. Thats why I think we have a very good chance of going undefeated. TAM Baylor and ND will be very tuff games but I think our advantage will be the qualities I outlined in my first line. This group showed me they are mentally tuff and nothing bothers them. They trust what theyre doing. Above all looking at the numbers Tiffany put up show me she has come along way as a complete player. She shot poorly as did many of her teammates but she continued to do what she had to do for us to win. When the game was over and you looked at the stats especially the rebounding you had to give credit to the team. We are going to be awfully tuff to beat.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Watching the game againest Stanford we played with grit, desire, determination, pride, trust, confidence and relentlessness. We never gave up and never let up. We shot poorly and won by double digets. We were shorter then the big tall Cardinal. They pushed us around. Sort of David and Goliath. Winning that game was quite an acheivment. The qualities I mentioned are qualities of winners. Thats why I think we have a very good chance of going undefeated. TAM Baylor and ND will be very tuff games but I think our advantage will be the qualities I outlined in my first line. This group showed me they are mentally tuff and nothing bothers them. They trust what theyre doing. Above all looking at the numbers Tiffany put up show me she has come along way as a complete player. She shot poorly as did many of her teammates but she continued to do what she had to do for us to win. When the game was over and you looked at the stats especially the rebounding you had to give credit to the team. We are going to be awfully tuff to beat.

Yeah! We don't NEED no steenking mojo!

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I suspect UConn will take some losses just because of the youth. The four undefeated UConn teams had NPoYs on them, and a supporting cast that included soon-to-be first round draft picks, future NPoYs, etc. This team is a bit rough around the edges. Deep and tough to beat nonetheless.

JS

Reaction Score
Don't you mean "Optimist Prime."
Tony is a transformative poster.

And everybody knows he has spelling issues.

240px-Optimus10108pieces.jpg

Optimus Prime
Leader of the Transformers​

AboutWeston

Artiste Extraordinaire
Reaction Score
Well I beginning to think its possible Right now KML is our go to player and she is much more then a Machine Gun shooter. She can do alot more then shoot. We have Bria and KML who will take charge when we need a big shot. Most teams dont have 2 players with those qualities. We have Stef at 6'5 in the middle who will draw alot of attention. Defenses will have to figure out who to double team Stef? KML? Bria? You cant double all three. Poise will be the difference maker. Againest Stanford I thought we played a little to quickly and rushed our shots...a lack of poise. We will learn from that.

TAM will be tuff and a good test but I like our chances. ND twice and most likely a 3rd time in the BE tourney will be tuff but we have the height and go to players and ND dosnt. So that leaves Baylor. Bottom line we are more disiplined. Could we lose yes, but I dont think so even in Waco. I do think we will come in to the game at a level we were at againest Stanford. This is a very very good UConn team with alot of intangibles that other teams dont pocess. If we dont play well we could lose, but we are UConn and UConn is at a different level then most other teams. We shot poorly againest Stanford and won by double digets. How many teams could do that againest a Stanford team?

Something to think about. If we dont lose this season...when will be the next time we lose?????????? assuming we stay healthly and no major transfers.

And a man after my own heart - TonyC for President!!!:)

Reaction Score
I don't think Geno cres about going undefeated. The NC is all that matters.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
I don't think the OP was our TonyC. The guy that started the thread used the word possible when describing UConn's NC chances this year. The real TonyC would have used probable.

BooRadley

CPL Boo, USMC
Reaction Score
I don't think the OP was our TonyC. The guy that started the thread used the word possible when describing UConn's NC chances this year. The real TonyC would have used probable.

vtcwbuff, I hate to correct you, but TonyC did use the word "probable," he just spelled it "p-o-s-s-i-b-l-e."

Your Ol' Pal Boo

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Please! Do not criticize Tony's spieling or his usery! His specialty is prognosticising, not grammattification!

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
The obvious games that are questionable this year are:

Dec 6 Texas A&M at the XL Center
Dec 18 Baylor @ Baylor
Jan 7 ND @ ND
Jan 30 Duke @ Duke
Feb 27 ND @ XL Center.
I left off the North Carolina and Oklahoma games as I think UConn will win these game, but they aren't guarantee wins.

Louisville, Rutgers and Georgetown have individual scorers on their teams that have enough talent and if they get hot can upset UConn. Do I think they will, no but anything is possible.

An undefeated season is unrealistic in most years, IMHO this year more so for this UConn team. There are just too many question marks. ND & Baylor are experienced teams and UConn won't have the advantage of playing them at home.

However if Tiff and Steff manage to score in double digits in all the games that I've mentioned then anything is possible. If they don't then you can expect a couple of losses. Its unrealistic to expect Bria and KML to score almost 75% of the team points and win again like they did against Stanford. Tiff & Steff have to be reliable scorers in the big games if UConn has any chance of going undefeated. Also the same applies if this team is going to win the National Championship.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Nay, rather watch thine own, thou gorbellied, folly-fallen giglet!!

Reaction Score
I don't think it's going to happen. If the TAM and Baylor games were in February, maybe, depending on the team's learning curve. But they are just too young and too not-together in December to be able to win both of these games. I think UConn can beat TAM -- it'll be a great game, and close, but I think UConn can do it. As much as I'd like to think otherwise, I have no confidence in UConn's ability to knock off Baylor at Waco, in Storrs or anywhere else.

Reaction Score
I would love for that to happen,but would be willing to bet anyone it is not going to happen
this season. This team is a work in progress,and missing some pieces! Now,are we capable of developing
during the course of the season and getting some luck in the tournament Yes. Look at the few teams who have ever gone undefeated,our team does not match up! If we win the Tournament,forget going undefeated,it would be as an underdog. Next season and beyond are much more likely. A few players if they were here<which they are not>it would be a different story> to even contemplate. Appreciate your enthusiasm

Reaction Score
The obvious games that are questionable this year are:

Dec 6 Texas A&M at the XL Center
Dec 18 Baylor @ Baylor
Jan 7 ND @ ND
Jan 30 Duke @ Duke
Feb 27 ND @ XL Center.
I left off the North Carolina and Oklahoma games as I think UConn will win these game, but they aren't guarantee wins.

Louisville, Rutgers and Georgetown have individual scorers on their teams that have enough talent and if they get hot can upset UConn. Do I think they will, no but anything is possible.

An undefeated season is unrealistic in most years, IMHO this year more so for this UConn team. There are just too many question marks. ND & Baylor are experienced teams and UConn won't have the advantage of playing them at home.

However if Tiff and Steff manage to score in double digits in all the games that I've mentioned then anything is possible. If they don't then you can expect a couple of losses. Its unrealistic to expect Bria and KML to score almost 75% of the team points and win again like they did against Stanford. Tiff & Steff have to be reliable scorers in the big games if UConn has any chance of going undefeated. Also the same applies if this team is going to win the National Championship.
Excellent post! Even if Tiff and Steff score in double digits,it ain't going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom