Undefeated or Not | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Undefeated or Not

Reaction Score
Im sure this will create alot of controversy. Is UConn that good? I think so, if healthy and if those coming back from injuries are playing up to their capabilities I dont think any team can keep up with UConns scoring. With all those scorers its almost like one pass and shoot and its good. That would be nice no turnovers or rebounds to worry about. LOL UConn has the ability to score in bunches and very quickly. No other team can do that. UConn has scorers, and shooters and depth in both. They have multiply ball handlers, and point guards. This is a team IMO that can only loose if they beat themselves. I say that because shooting at a high percentage will not be a problem.

Opponents will have a problem and its a huge problem trying to stop UConn. This roster could be one of the greatest rosters UConn has ever had. When you look at UConns undefeated teams they had multiple scorers and AA's. So does this team. When you have shooters and ball handlers like this team has, you know your going to be shooting at a very high percentage which means less rebounds and less turnovers. Think about the players who will be on the floor that can create their own shot? Picture having Caroline Aaliyah Azzi and Paige on the floor together. Is there a team that can stop them from scoring. Maybe not even slowing them down. Now add some others like Ice and KK.

The teams that Ive read about in many threads mention LSU SC UCLA Utah and Iowa as other top teams. These teams can not defend UConn well enough to keep them from scoring and score enough themselves to outscore UConn. These are all legit top teams and all have flaws in their scoring. They dont have what UConn has. Now with that said I also can see UConn winning every or almost every game by double digits. They may not however the potential is there. We saw in Paiges freshman year what she can do. We saw last season without Paige what Azzi can do. We saw Aaliyah as an AA and Caroline when so many of her team mates were injured take over a game. Now they are all together on the floor at the same time. Ain't that somethin to worry about if your playin UConn.

This years version of UConn has 3 to 5 AAs who can take over a game and imo a player in Paige that WCBB hasnt seen since Diana. Diana did not have the team mates that Paige has. Diana made everybody playing with her better. Paige has better players who she will make better. She can take over games and breeds confidence when playing and thats contagious. It boogles my mind when I hear UConn needs a big like 6'5 or above. There arent many over 6'4 out there that can impact a game on both sides of the ball. We have Edwards 6'3 ICE 6'3 and Yanna 6'2 all very good rebounders who take up space down low. Both Aaliyah and Ice can shoot from the outside too.

Now I look at the other top teams. First we will see UCLA early on. So much talk about Betts height but at Stanford she saw very few minutes. I would have to think that is because she was not ready to play alot of meaningful minutes in Tara's eyes. Do you think she is ready now? I dont know we will have to wait and see however I think she will need alot of time to get up to speed with last season lost. Even without Betts UCLA is a very talented team.

Second SC has Cardoso who played behind Boston. Cardoso we saw at the Cuse and she is very good and very tall. She should be able to neutralize other opponents however she is foul prone and without Boston on the roster her backup will not be of that caliber.

LSU has a great team of scorers in Reese Morrow and Van Lith. They are all used to being the go to player. Reese and Morrow are not great outside shooters. Del Rosario @ 6'6 will take time to develop.
Iowas has Clark and she is fantastic. Can she do for Iowa what Diana did for UConn back in the day. That is make those around her better? If she does Iowa could be very competitive.

One team no one has talked about is Indiana. They have weapons and balance as does ND. ND needs to have a healthy proven point guard. Indiana could surprise alot of folks this season.

So lets hear from you and your thoughts. Im going with UConn as the team to beat and go undefeated if healthy and winning every/almost every game by double digits.
First cup of ice water tossed on the team by the unsinkable Tony C. Don't try to discourage us, Tony, we think the team will be great. Even caught Jodie Foster in the movie "Nyad" wearing a UConn sweatshirt. Everyone but you is all in. Ha.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky
Top Bottom