Uncommitted Top 2022 (Doh!) Prospects | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Uncommitted Top 2022 (Doh!) Prospects

Reaction Score
Arkansas is a finalist for Bella Fontleroy
Thanks for pointing out that omission. I had that info but messed up when doing the final table. Head bang

Oh, and Arkansas already has a Top-100 commit for 2023 Damn You!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Other than the mess at Syracuse, That’s a bit shocking . Ok State and Iowa State are pretty decent programs. Wake and UVA are a bit surprising as well.
I agree with you about Ok. State and Iowa St. (although yet another Joens sister has committed for 2023) but disagree about Virginia. WF does okay, usually getting one Top-100 (60-100 range) each year but Virginia has just been unable to recruit any since T.Thompson got there if not before that. I can't judge if Thompson is a good coach or not but she and her staff are not getting the job done as far as recruiting goes. She probably would have fared much better if she had taken a position in Texas or nearby.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I agree with you about Ok. State and Iowa St. (although yet another Joens sister has committed for 2023) but disagree about Virginia. WF does okay, usually getting one Top-100 (60-100 range) each year but Virginia has just been unable to recruit any since T.Thompson got there if not before that. I can't judge if Thompson is a good coach or not but she and her staff are not getting the job done as far as recruiting goes. She probably would have fared much better if she had taken a position in Texas or nearby.

UVA should be so much better. They should be a top 3-4 program in the ACC

Reaction Score
UVA should be so much better. They should be a top 3-4 program in the ACC
You would think so. They are in the middle of prime recruiting territory and it's reputed to be a good school academically. But unless/until they can start attracting some top local talent it ain't gonna happen.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
You would think so. They are in the middle of prime recruiting territory and it's reputed to be a good school academically. But unless/until they can start attracting some top local talent it ain't gonna happen.
Agree with this.

UVA's biggest problem is Maryland. Maryland has a stronghold on the elite talent that comes out of the mid-Atlantic. And the elite talent that passes up on Maryland tends to end up at places like UConn, Louisville, etc.

Viriginia is in the middle of a prime recruiting area.. but you go north and you got Maryland, look south and you got the Carolina schools. South Carolina does a good job recruiting the Carolinas, Maryland and New Jersey. Look west, and Louisville looms large.

Reaction Score
Viriginia is in the middle of a prime recruiting area.. but you go north and you got Maryland, look south and you got the Carolina schools. South Carolina does a good job recruiting the Carolinas, Maryland and New Jersey. Look west, and Louisville looms large.
Right on point with this. May also explain why Clemson,Wake Forest, and Virginia Tech have had their struggles at times. It's not helped by the new coaches at North Carolina, Duke, and Georgia Tech doing such a good job recruiting. It will only get tougher with new coaches at Auburn and Vandy as well. Virginia seems to be stuck in the same rut as Florida. Doesn't seem to matter who they get as coach it just doesn't get any better.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Agree with this.

UVA's biggest problem is Maryland. Maryland has a stronghold on the elite talent that comes out of the mid-Atlantic. And the elite talent that passes up on Maryland tends to end up at places like UConn, Louisville, etc.

When I was saying that UVA should be a top 3-4 job based on a combination of location, campus, academics, The arena that they play in is as good as any in the ACC except for Louisville and GT.... Academically.. one could say Duke is better, and maybe Notre Dame, but that's probably it. Great Campus.... Charlottesville is a great college town... Nice school colors and uniforms... decent fan support...

But as you say, its also in a tough neighborhood when it comes to recruiting. If they got the right coach and started to win a bit.... they would be a problem.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Right on point with this. May also explain why Clemson,Wake Forest, and Virginia Tech have had their struggles at times. It's not helped by the new coaches at North Carolina, Duke, and Georgia Tech doing such a good job recruiting. It will only get tougher with new coaches at Auburn and Vandy as well. Virginia seems to be stuck in the same rut as Florida. Doesn't seem to matter who they get as coach it just doesn't get any better.

Have you ever been to VPI? Great Campus, college town... but its really remote for a East Coast school. Wake Forest is a good school.... Winston is a good city. but I feel sorry for their players as they don't receive much fan support. I doubt they average 1,000 fans in a 14,500 seat arena... probably around 600. When I go there to see Duke. sometimes there are almost as many Duke fans as Wake fans. I can't speak much for Clemson... its not as remote as Blacksburg... but....

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Have you ever been to VPI? Great Campus, college town... but its really remote for a East Coast school. Wake Forest is a good school.... Winston is a good city. but I feel sorry for their players as they don't receive much fan support. I doubt they average 1,000 fans in a 14,500 seat arena... probably around 600. When I go there to see Duke. sometimes there are almost as many Duke fans as Wake fans. I can't speak much for Clemson... its not as remote as Blacksburg... but....
Virginia Tech is probably my favorite college campus I've been to, outside of UCLA. It's absolutely beautiful. But I agree, it's very remote. I went there for a weekend during college to visit a friend from high school and that campus is eerie at night.. it felt like the setting of a college slasher film.

Spooky or not. I had a blast. Blacksburg is fun. VT kids are fun too. I loved it so much that I almost did one of those campus exchange programs for a year or semester there..

Reaction Score
Aside from the kid who gunned down a bunch of schoolmates I confess I don't know much about the place so I'll take your word on it. My interaction with VT students was less than friendly even after I complimented them for having a great quarterback(at the time).

Reaction Score
With Littlepage-Buggs having whittled her list down to four I'll update my table of P5 schools recruiting numbers from earlier in this thread.

Reaction Score
I wonder if Sa'Myah smith is still Baylor bound, was recently there although didn't post any pics on social media.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Virginia Tech is probably my favorite college campus I've been to, outside of UCLA. It's absolutely beautiful. But I agree, it's very remote. I went there for a weekend during college to visit a friend from high school and that campus is eerie at night.. it felt like the setting of a college slasher film.

Spooky or not. I had a blast. Blacksburg is fun. VT kids are fun too. I loved it so much that I almost did one of those campus exchange programs for a year or semester there..

I visited the campus a couple of times in High School. As a lover of campuses built with stone as well as a lover of the Applachian Mountains..... VPI is a great one. Probably an underrated campus on the national scene

Reaction Score
I visited the campus a couple of times in High School. As a lover of campuses built with stone as well as a lover of the Applachian Mountains..... VPI is a great one. Probably an underrated campus on the national scene
But how is the food?

Reaction Score
But how is the food?
Not as good as UMass food fo sho. The food service dir was in my class and not only improved options, but hours so we marching band nerds could make it before closing (not until well after I finished my under grad and graduate Degrees

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
But how is the food?

Well the dinner was catered (maybe at a hotel) so that doesn't count... I vaguely remember a lunch in a school cafeteria. It couldn't have been bad.. if it was I would have remembered.. although it was 30 years ago. The worst College campus food that I've had was... interesting enough... at DUKE. :oops: I was there for a week at a summer enrichment camp. My 14 year old palate wasn't as advanced as it is now... but I do remember being quite disappointed with the food.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I wonder if Sa'Myah smith is still Baylor bound, was recently there although didn't post any pics on social media.
"Still Baylor bound"? I didn't realize she'd committed?

Reaction Score
"Still Baylor bound"? I didn't realize she'd committed?
She seemed like a heavy Baylor lean prior to the coaching change. She’s really close with a lot of the current players on that team.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
  • Still find it interesting that Paris de-comitted, then still kept Penn State as a finalist. Good opportunity to learn from/then step up for Makenna Marisa, who is a junior this year. Could play with Maddie Burke and ND transfer Alli Campbell.
  • Courtney Banghart probably knows Paris from her days at Princeton.
  • Could be a huge opportunity at Indiana U, with Ali Patberg, Grace Berger and Nicole Cardano-Hillary finishing up this year. And Coach Teri Moren is open to smaller guards, given that Cardano-Hillary is 5'6" herself.

Looks like Paris is committing on October 30th.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom