unca's matt dickey quotes, says they won the last 37 min | The Boneyard

unca's matt dickey quotes, says they won the last 37 min

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well, they ouscored us by 1 in the second half. Unfortunately they were down 11 at half.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
UNCA's Matt Dickey: "Take away the first 3 min,we won the last 37 min."

Hey, whatever you have to tell yourself to sleep at night, kid. Moral victories and all that.

Reaction Score
He was later quoted as saying "If they scored less than 63 points, we would've won"

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
My kid went to a Big South school, Coastal Carolina, and the students chant was "You suck .... Dicky.

Kid was hated by all the rival players and school fans, but he is a baller, even if he says things that inflame.

He has a chance to make it in the pros.

Reaction Score
Props to UNCA for putting up a good fight, but if you take away the first 3 minutes of a lot of games the outcome might be different.

UConn had some good moments but it seemed their game plan was not best for UNCA. I wonder if they should have played a tad less help defense and stayed at home at the perimeter more. Though I'm not sure if it was a matter of UNCA's players doing a good job of breaking down our D forcing the help and then kicking it out to open players at the perimeter.

I'm a tad concerned if we face a team that can not only shoot it well from deep but also do a better job of defending UConn, could exploit this until they make adjustments and fix what wasn't working well last night. Hopefully by the time we face a team like that, UConn will have improved their half-court D.

Reaction Score
I've heard interesting, dumb quotes from him all week. I forgot what the one was that he said before the game but it was something to the effect of not being afraid of uconn. he pretty much showed no respect all week. I mean sure you want to be confident but uconn is the champs and you go to unc asheville, get a grip, he came off as a punk to me

Reaction Score
I actually think the kid has the right attitude. If you play for UNCA, just take the positives from the game and go on. You're going to lose some games to the UCONNs and UNCs, use it to beat on the mid-majors in conference.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I actually think the kid has the right attitude. If you play for UNCA, just take the positives from the game and go on. You're going to lose some games to the UCONNs and UNCs, use it to beat on the mid-majors in conference.
i agree with this. not sure why people have such an issue with his comments. it was basically the truth. Uconn jumped out to a 16-3 lead. after that, UNC-A basically won the rest of the game. i think maybe some are taking lack of fear as meaning lack of respect.

problem with "winning the last 36 minutes" is 2-fold. first, they were down 13. second, if UCONN didn't have a cushion of 10 for most of the game, JC might have played it differently. i'm not sure what he said after the UNC loss, but i recall the announcers saying that the score vs. UNC wasn't indicative of how close the game was.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score

Exactly. Love the kid's attitude. His job as a leader is to inspire his teammates not kiss the as$ of UCONN fans

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Good thing you can't just take away an opponent's best stretch of basketball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom