UNC/TERPS | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UNC/TERPS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Stone not polished but getting better game by game with PT. Makes me wonder because Enoch is the same size and actually looks more fluid around the rim. We better defend the 3, 12-22.

Reaction Score
What an incredible travel on that layup just now by Trimble.

Reaction Score
Awesome game. Marylands front court is gonna eat us alive(I know I know like gonzaga did). Trimble is a stud. North Carolina is the most talented team, but maybe not necessarily the best team.
I don't know I'm not all that impressed with Maryland's front court. Trimble and the Ex Dookie are very good. Maryland doesn't seem to play an awful lot of defense. Anywhere. Who on our team guards Trimble though? Purvis?

Reaction Score
Don"t really like the matchup with the Terps at this point in the season. I could see them turning us over a lot and they can run. And our halfcourt offense hasn"t shown any consistency with KO tinkering with the rotation. Think we will see Adams and Gibbs together with Gibbs off the ball tomorrow night, curious to see how that looks? Maybe those two, Rodney at 3, DHam at 4 and Miller at 5 in an ultimate small and deadly quick lineup? lol

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
I don't know I'm not all that impressed with Maryland's front court. Trimble and the Ex Dookie are very good. Maryland doesn't seem to play an awful lot of defense. Anywhere. Who on our team guards Trimble though? Purvis?
Would love to see plenty of Adams on Trimble. Would be good for him.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I have a good feeling about this Tuesday.

Reaction Score
Did they actually not even allude to the scandal lol?

Reaction Score
the rapist is havinga great second half too

Who's the rapist?

I know husky magic said their front court wasn't any good and our would handle them accordingly so I guess I should have known. They were pretty good, Carter is a nice player and will be a tough test for Miller, and if our bigs handle other teams high pick and rolls as they have been, Trimble-Sulaimon-Stone-Carter will tear our defense up because they are better than the others at this. Trimble was extra special last night for the most part, hopefully he doesn't have that game again. Sulaimon is more active than he was in the past and Nickens can shoot it. Brantley is a Springfield kid who played against my son in HS, nice player back in the day but improved a lot to get to that level. Good for him. Only a minute though last night. Layman is a tough match up due to his size and ability.

Real tough match up for us, good depth for them too, should be a fun game.

Reaction Score
What an incredible travel on that layup just now by Trimble.

Yeah Trimble is great, but he reminds me a lot of sophomore Kemba (with a better 3pt shot). He's playing at such a high level but going 100 mph all the time and making mistakes. He has to learn how to slow himself down. Although maybe not because he's got a 125 ORTG right now. Maybe he's more like NBA Russell Westbrook.

Reaction Score
Did they actually not even allude to the scandal lol?
In the beginning of the season they mentioned it but lately not even in passing. I'm starting to think they get no penalty, after all it's nowhere near as serious as APR what with the fake courses and papers. Lets not forget that hard courses like Phy Ed Bowling were perfectly legitimate.

Reaction Score
What kind of defense did Maryland employ? Until we prove we can beat a zone against an athletic team I don't see why any opponent would come out in man to man.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
What kind of defense did Maryland employ? Until we prove we can beat a zone against an athletic team I don't see why any opponent would come out in man to man.
Wasn't it man to man and 1-3-1 ?

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
It took me a long time to figure out that the ACC style of basketball (how weird was it seeing Maryland play UNC in the ACC-Big Ten Challenge?) is fool's gold. Teams look like offensive juggernauts in December and January, and then realize in March that sometimes the other side doesn't want to just run up and down and see whose shooting percentages on open jumpers will be better.

Maryland has a lot of talent, to be sure. They were ranked #2 for a reason. We'll have our hands full. We can beat them. But even if we don't, it's not the end of the world. We play for wins in March and April, not stats in December.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
It took me a long time to figure out that the ACC style of basketball (how weird was it seeing Maryland play UNC in the ACC-Big Ten Challenge?) is fool's gold. Teams look like offensive juggernauts in December and January, and then realize in March that sometimes the other side doesn't want to just run up and down and see whose shooting percentages on open jumpers will be better.

Been this way for a long time. The corollary is that Big East ball was knock down drag out brawls. Teams like Pittsburgh couldn't adjust come tournament time, suffered with foul problems, and ultimately early losses. The teams that could adjust and play all styles (ie UCONN) were successful in teh NCAAs, as they could tough out most teams, and had the skill to hang with the other end of the spectrum.

Reaction Score

Maryland has a lot of talent, to be sure. They were ranked #2 for a reason. We'll have our hands full. We can beat them. But even if we don't, it's not the end of the world. We play for wins in March and April, not stats in December.

ACC Mens hoops = Big12 football

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky