UNC: "perhaps the best in the country," Hatchell: the most widely decorated coach in [bb] history | The Boneyard

UNC: "perhaps the best in the country," Hatchell: the most widely decorated coach in [bb] history

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Yah, I linked that on the blog. Monday night quarterbacking is a b*tch. ;-)

Reaction Score
This poor fellow is absolutely delusional. Hatchel has not been relevant for 15 years now. Yes she has a good team once and awhile due to her recruiting power at UNC. But her team has repeatedly been taken behind the shed and well you know!!!!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
laughingshaq.gif

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
obviously, they're still growin' the good stuff in the piney woods. You could write a thousand words, easily, on how nuts this article this is.

Reaction Score
This article makes me want to see UConn dismantle this team so much.

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
Obviously someone trying to sell newspapers... His own...

~*Jen*~

Mommy to the Mini Mojo Keeper
Reaction Score
Nan's pic reminds me of my personal favorite:

IDFP.jpg

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
What an idiot. Could his timing (re. Tennessee) have been any worse?

Wait till triad sees this.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Give the man some credit for attempting to support Hatchell, but when you go overboard like that, it can backfire.

Unfortunately, his lack of knowledge of history hurts his thesis. He thinks the AIAW was the original organization for almost all women’s sports? I grant that many fans have not even heard of this organization, but the AIAW was preceded by the CIAW, and that was preceded by the DGWS, and a handful of alphabet soup organizations.

Is it impressive that she has won AIAW, NAIA, and NCAA titles? Yes, but mainly because winning an NCAA title is impressive. The NAIA is an association of small colleges. I don't want to diminish the result, winning a national championship at any level is an accomplishment, but we don't diminish Pat Summitt's career because she never took a Junior College to a National Championship. The AIAW was the predecessor of the NCAA, and those national titles are in the same league, except, he fails to mention that the AIAW team was a Division II team. Again, a worthy accomplishment, but not in the same league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom