UNC/FSU | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UNC/FSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
wow that was just embarassing...for all the crap JC takes for being a crass individual I can't believe Roy doesn't get more for being a pompous, whiny little bit ch

Reaction Score
Apparently Hamilton suggested UNC head out early in anticipation of the court storming. The walk-ons get left to fend for themselves.

UNC pressed, down 33 with 15 seconds to go. I don't care if it is scrubs that never get to play. Let it end already.

Was I imagining it or was Vitale mis-pronouncing Dulkys name as "Dookies". I swear he as leaving the "L" out every time.

Reaction Score
Gottlieb put it well in a tweet of his - they're a country club team, opposite of a gritty lunch pale team. They think they're going to kick back and win on talent alone.

Reaction Score
That actually is how you pronounce Dulkys's names. (Edit. maybe not, I'm hearing it pronounced differently now but I know I have heard it pronounced "Dookies" before - probably was Vitale)

It weird and I'm not a big fan of Roy having the players leave early but it was suggested by Hamilton and is no big deal, but for him to bail as well and leave the walk-ons to fend for themselves is pathetic.

Reaction Score
That actually is how you pronounce Dulkys's names.

It weird and I'm not a big fan of Roy having the players leave early but it was suggested by Hamilton and is no big deal, but for him to bail as well and leave the walk-ons to fend for themselves is pathetic.
Are you sure? The other announcer was consistenly clearly enunciating an "L" sound.

Reaction Score
Yea I'm probably wrong, edited my post, I just remember his name being pronounced "dookies" vs. Duke last year and thinking it was strange.

Reaction Score
The kid hits 8 3's. But not one was contested. He was taking set shots. Shoulders, feet square and just a flip of the wrist. Not a UNC player in site..

Reaction Score
Leaving the court before the game finishes pretty much sums up this UNC team as a collection of individuals, rather than a team. You take the court as a team, and you leave the court as a team too, especially after a beatdown like that.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
how far do you drop them in the polls? maybe from 3 to 8? i mean that wasn't just a loss. it was an embarrassment.

Reaction Score
how far do you drop them in the polls? maybe from 3 to 8? i mean that wasn't just a loss. it was an embarrassment.

Ehhh...the media still loves them. I predict they fall no further than 1 spot to 4, or maybe down to 5. Baylor will move to 3, Dook to 4, followed by UNC. The rest of the top 10 is a mess I can't be bothered to figure out while I'm drinking and watching the Saints take a beatdown.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
It does show how much old Roy cares about the walk-ons!

UNC has always shown a disinterest to covering three point shooters...came back to bite them today. Most UConn players make a good effort to cover three point shooters but lack quickness to always get to the right spot (NG, TO, RS, AD) but some lose focus (JLamb) and some lose focus and then often fail to get their hand up (as Mark Jackson says, hand down, man down)

Reaction Score
We should be ahead of them, both teams have 3 losses and we beat FSU while they lost to them by 33. With that being said they will probably move up to #2. UNC does not scare me in the least, an incredibly soft team.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Coach Roy "it has been shown that it is not safe in some scenarios"

Coach Roy on phone to walk in parents "frankly Mrs. Crouch, Mrs. Cooper and Mrs. DuPont, yes I did feel that it was a dangerous situation and I know you have entrusted the welfare of your children in my hands, but I really couldn't care what happens to them as they don't help me get wins"

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Coach Roy "it has been shown that it is not safe in some scenarios"

Coach Roy on phone to walk in parents "frankly Mrs. Crouch, Mrs. Cooper and Mrs. DuPont, yes I did feel that it was a dangerous situation and I know you have entrusted the welfare of your children in my hands, but I really couldn't care what happens to them as they don't help me get wins"
Translation: We protect our diamonds but sacrifice our lumps of coal.

Reaction Score
If we can get back to our clamps defense, I think we could handle UNC. That might be one game where our big lineup needs to play well: Drummond on Zeller, AO on Henson, and Roscoe on Barnes. Getting a little ahead of myself, of course...

RoderickSpode

7th Earl of Sidcup
Reaction Score
As others have said, UNC doesn't scare me. As much as it pains me to say it, I think Syracuse is a much tougher matchup for us.

Reaction Score
Was telling my wife the same thing this morning before seeing this thread how he totally threw his walk-on's under the bus.

Reaction Score
Translation: We protect our diamonds but sacrifice our lumps of coal.

Hey, if the lumps of coal get trampled, maybe it's enough pressure to turn them into diamonds.

Reaction Score
Kentucky is the only team that scares me, really. They just have so much talent on both sides of the floor. Kind of like a younger, and more talented version of the 2004 UConn squad.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Hey, if the lumps of coal get trampled, maybe it's enough pressure to turn them into diamonds.
Now you're putting a lot of pressure on Master Roy to produce.

caw

Reaction Score
Kentucky is the most talented team I've seen this year. They have some players who can be dominate at their positions in Lamb/Jones/Kidd-Gilchrist and Davis. They are also very, very thin. They really only go 6 deep with Miller and Teague being the other 2. Wiltjer and Vargas also gets some minutes but are not seeing much time in close games.

• Teague is suspect as a PG and leader
  • Davis is foul-prone
  • Jones is a disappearing act
  • Lamb is limited athletically
  • Love Kidd-Gilchrist though
  • Miller is decent for a 6th man
  • Vargas is 5 fouls
  • Wiltjer has some potential but is a year or two away if he gets there.
I see where you are going with, comparing UK to UConn 2004. The big difference is three fold, IMO: 1) experience in having juniors Ben Gordon, Emeka Okafor and senior Taliek Brown and 2) Charlie off the bench is better than anyone they have off the bench up front and 3) UConn was a much better 3pt shooting team at 40.3% as a team while UK is at 36.7% this year. The matchups are pretty similar though:

Taliek vs Teague: IMO Taliek was a better leader and less TO prone as a senior compared to a freshman Teague

Gordon vs Lamb: IMO Gordon was more athletic, though Lamb may actually be a better shooter (which is impressive, because Gordon is an extremely good shooter)

Anderson vs MKG: Completely different players Anderson is a shooter, MKG a garbage man/slasher. I love Anderson but MKG would be a tough player for him to keep with.

Boone vs Jones: Again a contrast with a true rebounder vs a wannabe stretch 4.

Okafor vs Davis: Okafor had experience/muscle and better help down low, but Davis has a ton of length on him.

Denham vs Miller: similar players

Hilton vs Vargas: similar at that time (neither were very good at the time and probably wouldn't have much effect on the final score. Hilton did blossom and get a few years in the NBA, Vargas probably won't)

Charlie vs Wiltjer: actually similar game, but Charlie is much more athletic and better as a freshman

Tooles (he surprisingly played in a ton of games that year 30+)

Williams (shame he was academically ineligible in the second semester, can we count him? he played 15+ before being ineligible)

White (shame he got injured, can we count him? He did play in 4 games before being injured and 20+ the year before)

Reaction Score
Anderson vs MKG: Completely different players Anderson is a shooter, MKG a garbage man/slasher. I love Anderson but MKG would be a tough player for him to keep with.
This is where Denham would be great. A very solid defender and a more than capable offensive player.

Reaction Score
AjO1VDoCEAA_-vS.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member