UNC beats MD 60 to 57 | The Boneyard

UNC beats MD 60 to 57

Status
Not open for further replies.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
What do you make of that. I was impressed by MD in our encounter. This is a surprise.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
UNC held a ranked team to under 60? Actually, the box score shows poor shooting by both teams.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
hmmmmm...

Not sure what to make of this. Poor shooting for both, yes!

I wonder if they meet again @ Maryland.
Like I said in a post earlier, the ACC will be an interesting race after Duke.

Interested to see who is 2-5 by the end of season.

Reaction Score
MD 31% FG 14% 3s 52% FT Thomas had another bad shooting game, as well as 6 turnovers
Ruffin-Pratt was 5-17 for UNC, and they made 50% of their free throws, including several key missed FTs in the last minute ... not great basketball

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Was it the first game post holiday break for both?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
hmmmmm...

Not sure what to make of this. Poor shooting for both, yes!

I wonder if they meet again @ Maryland.
Like I said in a post earlier, the ACC will be an interesting race after Duke.

Interested to see who is 2-5 by the end of season.

My predictions 1) Duke 2) FSU 3) Maryland 4) UNC 5) Miami

Maryland could very well start off 0-2.... FSU goes to College Park on Sunday..... and they play Miami the game after that. FSU has excellent guards, and guard depth.... but cant match up along the front line with the Turtles. The Noles love to push the pace... and Im not sure the turtles want to run with them.

Was it the first game post holiday break for both?

Nope...

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
MD 31% FG 14% 3s 52% FT Thomas had another bad shooting game, as well as 6 turnovers
Ruffin-Pratt was 5-17 for UNC, and they made 50% of their free throws, including several key missed FTs in the last minute ... not great basketball
Thomas had something like 3 or 4 points till about 5-6 minutes left in the game when she then went on a tear to help make the game close. She ended up with 15 points but wasn't really a factor till towards the very end... On paper her numbers look great, but when the team needed her to stop the bleeding (UNC went on a 17-1 run to start the 2nd half), she wasn't producing...

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
I don't see how Thomas is an All American this year, based on what I've seen.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Hawkins on the other hand could sneak onto a AA list if she keeps it up. Right now it looks like a race between her and Gray for ACC Player of the year.... but its still real early.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Hawkins on the other hand could sneak onto a AA list if she keeps it up. Right now it looks like a race between her and Gray for ACC Player of the year.... but its still real early.
Those two look like the best so far. Both Thomas and Williams played better last year.

How is Natasha Howard doing. She looked very gifted in the AA game 3 years ago.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

Hawkins is proving to be MD's best player. She came in with 23 and 13 in this game. She should definitely be in the AA conversation.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Those two look like the best so far. Both Thomas and Williams played better last year.

How is Natasha Howard doing. She looked very gifted in the AA game 3 years ago.
FSU is ranked 19 and Howard is the 3rd leading scorer for her team. For a kid who some thought was the best in the class, she may or may not be in the top 5. She seems to be having a year like Thomas - quite solid, but not spectacular...

As a side note, for me comparing how "good" the players are is harder when comparing guards to forwards. Guards have to do much more so when I see a guard averaging in the 10-15 range in points, and it's close to the same as forwards or centers (who really just have to focus more on scoring), I tend to be more impressed with the guards.

Hartley's been coming back from injury, but she's averaging close to 10 PPG. Sims is up over 13 PPG. Grey is at almost 15 PPG. But all 3 of them play some (or a lot) of PG. I'd say they are having "better" seasons than Howard or Thomas... Of course, IMHO Ogwumike is just in another category from all of them. 21+ PPG and 12.7 RPG should really put her 1st team AA, or close to it.

Having said that, Stanford is really top heavy and doesn't have the dept or talent at so many other positions like UCONN, Duke, or Baylor this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom