UNC academic case finally reaches NCAA infractions hearing | The Boneyard

UNC academic case finally reaches NCAA infractions hearing

Reaction Score
I'm not sure the NCAA will give them a harsh enough punishment, but they won't be getting a slap on the wrist.

I would think they work out some sort of deal so only one title gets vacated.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure the NCAA will give them a harsh enough punishment, but they won't be getting a slap on the wrist.

I would think they work out some sort of deal so only one title gets vacated.
If the NCAA told UNC they could not have a basketball or football program anymore people on this board would complain its not harsh enough, it is comical.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
They should lose scholarships on both the football side and basketball side plus post season ban for the upcoming season would be about right. Do I think they will receive any of this, no

Reaction Score
Losing scholarships doesn't really hurt the school that much. You could make the case that it only hurts kids since that's one less kid getting a free education plus the school saves money on that tuition.
If it's "just" a 1 year ban I will be livid. They would essentially be saying that all those fake classes and false degrees for years is as bad as UConn reporting accurate grades that were sub-par.

Reaction Score
If the NCAA told UNC they could not have a basketball or football program anymore people on this board would complain its not harsh enough, it is comical.
No, I think they would be happy and content. It's harsh and doubt you would hear complaints. We do know they will come out of this with a bitch slap or two and be moving on.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
and we'll get a golden shower.
UConn already had theirs but "Thank you Emmert, may we have another"

Last edited:
Reaction Score
UConn already had theirs but "Thank you Emmit, may we have another"

Emmert: “see it says right here, subsection 101.3 of section 99.7 – “coaches are prohibited from wearing purple suits. Punishment for violation shall be 5 year post-season ban and elimination of 6 scholarships…..”

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Mark Emmert = The Antichrist.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
I want the death penalty.

The actual death penalty.
Systemic corruption and fraud. They should have an NCAA penalty that mirrors the RICO statutes in criminal law.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Losing scholarships doesn't really hurt the school that much. You could make the case that it only hurts kids since that's one less kid getting a free education plus the school saves money on that tuition.
If it's "just" a 1 year ban I will be livid. They would essentially be saying that all those fake classes and false degrees for years is as bad as UConn reporting accurate grades that were sub-par.
100% this. Post season bans will not be a proportional punishment purely by the NCAA's own standards for this reason and several other examples. I really only think a vacated title at the least is where proper and fair punishment can begin but I wouldn't hold my breath. Then again I can't help but think if they did it to Louisville maybe it's possible, but everyone has been very quiet on UL's vacated title since it was announced.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom