uMess over bcu by 30 | The Boneyard

uMess over bcu by 30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
About 4 min left in the game and uMess is running all over bcu. LOL.

I think uMess can make some noise in Atlantis. FSU better not over look them - they have a little momentum.

Reaction Score
I thought that was a bad hire by BCU. What Donohue did with Cornell was remarkable, but he did it with one nucleus of players (led by Wittman). Sometimes you catch lightning in a bottle with a couple transcendent players. In order to show you belong at that level, I think you need to win with a different set of guys. Calhoun had done it at Northeastern before he had Reggie Lewis.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Cloth Frog over on the rivals board must be having a field day

Reaction Score

I think uMess can make some noise in Atlantis. FSU better not over look them - they have a little momentum.

Eh, it's only BC. A lot of mid-majors are going to get that scalp.
How's it going Defilippo? Dominating that media market yet?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
how does the acc put up with bc? honestly? they put out a horrible product.

Reaction Score
Looks like one more New England school won't be getting that ACC invite.

UConn, UMass, Holy Cross...Who is left? Oh, they beat UNH but only by 3...maybe them.

Reaction Score
Quse and Pitt (scum) take a good look at your future.

You don't have JC nor coaches that learned from him. Pitt (scum) will have three of four players foul out in the first half of every ACC game- Quse plays zone and the white boys in the ACC are going to rain 3's on them like a Carolina thunder storm.

I am drinking on an island and have been for a while- I still think I'm right.

Reaction Score
btw Holy Cross lost to Fairfield 73-52 just to add insult to injury lol

Reaction Score
ouch
http://eagleoutsider.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10863&start=30
umass bc.jpg

Reaction Score
I know BC is struggling and not that good but is Umass that good or what. I know I read where they had a good transfer eligible this year a transfer from Hofstra.

Reaction Score
Oh! yeh the guy is a point guard. Good pt. guards can make you decent quickly.

Reaction Score
BCU athletics is just bleeding money. Revenue for football was way down (cheap Groupon tickets to get people to the game), and they are lucky to get 3000 to the hoops games. This is along with a significant decrease in contributions to the Flynn Fund which is set up to provide money for athletic scholarships.

All this is derived from poor decisions by the AD regarding coaching positions in top sports. However, it seems that as long as the ACC money keeps things afloat that the AD's job is safe. They want cheap coaches that will never look elsewhere for a job. Hence, Spaziani's salary of $1M which is at the very low end of BCS coaches and Donahue, their hoops coach makes 900K which is again very low for BCS coaches. The lack of focus on being competitive and winning is the major difference between BCU and most other teams that are in top conferences. As far as I can tell, the BCU administration is indifferent to the success of athletic programs.

BCU is fading away at a rapid pace and it is fun to watch.

Reaction Score

I heard my ears ringing all the way in Chesnut Hill last night. It was a 36 point win. I don't know how good we are or even if you would consider us good at all. What I do know is that this looks like a differant Umass team than we've seen in years past. BC is not good. They are mostly freshmen. We have not seen much competition yet but FSU should be a good test. They look to be a bit bigger than us and that could create some match up problem. I think we could be a little quicker.

Chaz Williams is the transfer PG from Hofstra and he looks like the real deal. It appears he is making the whole team better. 3 years eligibility too! I think it helped abandoning the DDM offense we wasted 3 years on. We are more of a running offense and fun to watch. Now, I know you don't care because we're so irrelevent. But taking a page from the TF era about 6 years ago you may have to run with us yet.

Reaction Score
I heard my ears ringing all the way in Chesnut Hill last night. It was a 36 point win. I don't know how good we are or even if you would consider us good at all. What I do know is that this looks like a differant Umass team than we've seen in years past. BC is not good. They are mostly freshmen. We have not seen much competition yet but FSU should be a good test. They look to be a bit bigger than us and that could create some match up problem. I think we could be a little quicker.

Chaz Williams is the transfer PG from Hofstra and he looks like the real deal. It appears he is making the whole team better. 3 years eligibility too! I think it helped abandoning the DDM offense we wasted 3 years on. We are more of a running offense and fun to watch. Now, I know you don't care because we're so irrelevent. But taking a page from the TF era about 6 years ago you may have to run with us yet.
Well, if UConn takes care of business in the 1st 2 rounds, and you guys get by FSU, we have a date.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure that the Bald Eagles are going to take much more from DeFillipo. They have gone from a respectable program in both football and basketball to absolute disasters in both. And none of the head coaches were selected by DeFillipo before disaster struck. He wanted desperately to fill both jobs with "his" guys and he did it...They really need a scandal of some sort so there is some kind of justification to remove the guy so he doesn't do any more damage.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I'm not sure that the Bald Eagles are going to take much more from DeFillipo. They have gone from a respectable program in both football and basketball to absolute disasters in both. And none of the head coaches were selected by DeFillipo before disaster struck. He wanted desperately to fill both jobs with "his" guys and he did it...They really need a scandal of some sort so there is some kind of justification to remove the guy so he doesn't do any more damage.
I thought BC joined the ACC for academic affiliation.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score

I vote for do more damage.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score

Congrats, it is always satisfying to see BC get waxed.

Reaction Score
As far as I can tell, last night's BCU-UMess game was not aired on television, it was solely on ESPN3. However, in Boston tonight, you have the mighty Miami-Florda Gulf Coast and Clemson-Coastal Carolina doubleheader on NESN. The all-important Boston television market don't ya know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom