UMass @ UConn - Fri 11/6/15 - 7pm | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UMass @ UConn - Fri 11/6/15 - 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Gendron scored a delayed penalty goal last weekend.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I'm not disputing the goal on a delayed penalty call. I question the addition 2 minutes after the goal was scored.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Husky25 said:
I'm not disputing the goal on a delayed penalty call. I question the addition 2 minutes after the goal was scored.

This has been an ncaa rule for a few years. It was either put in to increase scoring or deter penalties, can't remember which.

Reaction Score
Hello Houston we have a problem !
Have you ever met anyone that was a goalie and had double labrum tear surgery? Another thing you can do research on.....

Reaction Score
A team like UConn needs great goaltending to be a factor in the conference and they are not getting it this season. Nichols just not as good as last year. Way too many rebounds. Second goal was off the third rebound of the sequence and the third goal was a gigantic gift off a rebound.

UConn staring at a 1-9 conference start if they do not win tomorrow night.

Team is more talented this year but will finish with a worse conference record.

I am disappointed how this season is shaping up. Definitely not meeting expectations.
Mac there is no way Nicholls is "fully healed" from his surgery. I have said it before..I know a few guys who have had it..and I play in net...it takes almost 1 year to date to fully heal up.

Reaction Score
Nichols and Demko had the same surgery around the same time. Demko is the best goalie in the country and playing a lot better than he did last season. The rebounds tonight had nothing to do with his surgeries.

I understand Demko is on another level talent wise when both are healthy and UConn and BC are at two different levels as teams, but I am sorry Nichols is just not playing as well as he did last season. All I can go on is that the team and Nichols say he is 100% ready.

The problem is the team is going to suffer because of it. I just find it disappointing the team is going to finish with a worse conference record than last year. I would not be surprised to see Creel or Thulin in net against Army on Tuesday to give him a game off.

Reaction Score
It is more than hitting posts. Team is lacking something.
THE WIZARD OF OZ has been exposed! There seems to be a few problems. First its coaching especially with the departure of Mike Souza who used his one time Get Out of Jail Pass and bolted to UNH (far away from the Wizard of Oz). Souza from what i heard was very well respected by the players and was the only coach the players respected. If the players dont respect you they are not going to BlEED BLUE for you no matter what. Second absolutely no senior leadership like years in the past. Do you really think Letunov,Thompson, Masonius etc... truely respect Huson,Pauly,Kirtland etc... as their Capts? Lastly the goaltending this year has been absolutely horrendous. We knew Nichols was always capable of letting in 10-12 goals the second night of a back to back series but he is just as shaky this year in all the games. Combine all three reasons above and you have a Perfect Storm for a disasterous hockey season unless something changes which it doesnt look like will happen this season. BLEED BLUE!!
It is more than hitting posts. Team is lacking something.
A team like UConn needs great goaltending to be a factor in the conference and they are not getting it this season. Nichols just not as good as last year. Way too many rebounds. Second goal was off the third rebound of the sequence and the third goal was a gigantic gift off a rebound.

I am disappointed how this season is shaping up. Definitely not meeting expectations.

Reaction Score
THE WIZARD OF OZ has been exposed! There seems to be a few problems. First its coaching especially with the departure of Mike Souza who used his one time Get Out of Jail Pass and bolted to UNH (far away from the Wizard of Oz). Souza from what i heard was very well respected by the players and was the only coach the players respected. If the players dont respect you they are not going to BlEED BLUE for you no matter what. Second absolutely no senior leadership like years in the past. Do you really think Letunov,Thompson, Masonius etc... truely respect Huson,Pauly,Kirtland etc... as their Capts? Lastly the goaltending this year has been absolutely horrendous. We knew Nichols was always capable of letting in 10-12 goals the second night of a back to back series but he is just as shaky this year in all the games. Combine all three reasons above and you have a Perfect Storm for a disasterous hockey season unless something changes which it doesnt look like will happen this season. BLEED BLUE!!
You have a LOT of anger towards Coach Cav...lose a roster spot or something?

Reaction Score
You have a LOT of anger towards Coach Cav...lose a roster spot or something?
No my friend im a UCONN graduate, my wife and two daughters are UCONN graduates i was a season ticket holder for the Whalers for years until they departed Hartford. To fill my hockey void i became a Uconn hockey fan for the past 8-9 years. I have been to many games over the years most recently last nights game with my grandson who is also a hockey player. I am passionate UCONN hockey fan and alum who doesnt like the way this team has been playing nor am i a fan of the coach based on his game strategies and the teams lack of excitement.

zls44

Reaction Score
hockeyfan44 said:
No my friend im a UCONN graduate, my wife and two daughters are UCONN graduates i was a season ticket holder for the Whalers for years until they departed Hartford. To fill my hockey void i became a Uconn hockey fan for the past 8-9 years. I have been to many games over the years most recently last nights game with my grandson who is also a hockey player. I am passionate UCONN hockey fan and alum who doesnt like the way this team has been playing nor am i a fan of the coach based on his game strategies and the teams lack of excitement.

LOLOLOL

zls44

Reaction Score
I also like how it's November 7 and on a night where they have like 70 shot attempts and hit the post three times they're suddenly going to have a worse record than last year.

Reaction Score
The transition from AH to HE caliber players may be an issue because of player arrogance, sure. That's the kind of players your man, the Wizard of Oz, pulls in. D1 college hockey players are in their own world, especially from conferences like the HE. ECAC, too. BC scout I came across didn't mention Souza pulling in recruits. He only mentioned Cavanaugh. As far as coaching strategies and excitement goes, that's something that's possible to remedy with time.

Reaction Score
I also like how it's November 7 and on a night where they have like 70 shot attempts and hit the post three times they're suddenly going to have a worse record than last year.

If they lose tonight, where are they getting seven more conference wins from? Factoring in a couple games will end in a tie, I just do not see them surpassing last season's conference win total.

zls44

Reaction Score
mac2351 said:
If they lose tonight, where are they getting seven more conference wins from? Factoring in a couple games will end in a tie, I just do not see them surpassing last season's conference win total.

The conference is worse this year. It's the first week of November.

Reaction Score
According to Mike Anthony, Pauly to miss several weeks with a knee injury suffered last night.

Reaction Score
The conference is worse this year. It's the first week of November.

How is the conference worse this year?
Hockey East has 3 teams ranked in the top four (BC, Providence, and Lowell)
BU will be a top 15 team by end of the year
Notre Dame is a top 20 team
Merrimack and UMass have started strong although we will see how long it lasts

zls44

Reaction Score
Weaker at the top end, making the middle look better than it actually is.

Reaction Score
Out of a league of 12, 3 are currently nationally ranked in the top 4 and three more are ranked in the top 20 and the top end is weaker? Ok

Reaction Score

You're kidding right?? Uconn probably gave up 5-6 odd man rushes last night at minimum.. most were 2 on 1.. a 2 on 0 from the dots down... you don't win games like that.. UConn had their chances but couldn't finish.. They still have 2-3 guys who don't belong on the ice and I'm sure Cav is just waiting for them to graduate.. Their best 2 D are freshman and they're best player is Letunov.. and it's not even close.. This is going to take some time.. You have to give them 5-8 years at minimum... When Letunov's class are seniors.. though he may not be here..

Reaction Score
You're kidding right?? Uconn probably gave up 5-6 odd man rushes last night at minimum.. most were 2 on 1.. a 2 on 0 from the dots down... you don't win games like that.. UConn had their chances but couldn't finish.. They still have 2-3 guys who don't belong on the ice and I'm sure Cav is just waiting for them to graduate.. Their best 2 D are freshman and they're best player is Letunov.. and it's not even close.. This is going to take some time.. You have to give them 5-8 years at minimum... When Letunov's class are seniors.. though he may not be here..
So going into this season you expected them to finish this year with a worse conference record?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger