UMass @ UConn - Fri 11/6/15 - 7pm | The Boneyard

UMass @ UConn - Fri 11/6/15 - 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Most important series of the first half of the season. Can a team clinch home ice for the first round before January? No. Can they lose it? Yes.

If UConn has any notion of hosting a first round series they cannot get swept this weekend. They are already 1-3 in conference and close the first half with a game at Vermont, BC, two against Lowell, and one against Merrimack. UConn will win at the most two of those five games. UMass is coming off a bad loss to BC after starting the season strong. If UConn gets swept this weekend, especially to a team they were picked to finish ahead of, it could be lights out for hosting a first round series.

Reaction Score
Most important series of the first half of the season. Can a team clinch home ice for the first round before January? No. Can they lose it? Yes.

If UConn has any notion of hosting a first round series they cannot get swept this weekend. They are already 1-3 in conference and close the first half with a game at Vermont, BC, two against Lowell, and one against Merrimack. UConn will win at the most two of those five games. UMass is coming off a bad loss to BC after starting the season strong. If UConn gets swept this weekend, especially to a team they were picked to finish ahead of, it could be lights out for hosting a first round series.
If UConn does not soundly beat and sweep a poor,poor,poor Umass team this weekend after coming off an embarrassing performance against ND not only would it be lights out for hosting a home series but it could also be the
slow demise of Coach "Smoke & Mirrors" Cavanaugh "One Trick Pony" coaching career in Storrs as soon as his five year one million dollar contract expires (if not before).

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If UConn does not soundly beat and sweep a poor,poor,poor Umass team this weekend after coming off an embarrassing performance against ND not only would it be lights out for hosting a home series but it could also be the
slow demise of Coach "Smoke & Mirrors" Cavanaugh "One Trick Pony" coaching career in Storrs as soon as his five year one million dollar contract expires (if not before).

This is idiotic.

Not the UConn way in any shape. We gave Calhoun, Edsall, etc ... years to develop. You have no idea here ...

Reaction Score
This is idiotic.

Not the UConn way in any shape. We gave Calhoun, Edsall, etc ... years to develop. You have no idea here ...
You have to be kidding right? Cavanaugh is not even close to being in the same class as Calhoun or Edsall my gawd that is a ridicoulous statement. Those two coaches were winners and even after defeat they didnt have 101 excuses why their teams lost. If you go back and watch some of their post game interviews alot of times they would admit they were out coached.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
You have to be kidding right? Cavanaugh is not even close to being in the same class as Calhoun or Edsall my gawd that is a ridicoulous statement. Those two coaches were winners and even after defeat they didnt have 101 excuses why their teams lost. If you go back and watch some of their post game interviews alot of times they would admit they were out coached.
You don't remember the Edsall era very well then. He didn't even have to be at the podium after a loss. Beat writers could mail in his (in)famous, "Players didn't execute," line and be 95% accurate. Edsall was 74-70 at UConn and 96-103 overall. Let's include him in the same category as Vince Lombardi.

Just purchased 3 tix. Looks like it will be a good crowd. Hopefully Nichols ate his Wheaties this morning.

Reaction Score
You need to go back and re-educate yourself about Randy Edsall! Once you do that you..come back with specific examples of where he didn't blame his kids after a loss where he was out coached. Search long and hard because I doubt you'll find any!

Reaction Score

That's the point.

We make solid choices and WE let the guy build a Program. How do we know Cavanaugh isn't going to be a solid successful UConn Hockey coach at this point? I think - from my vantage point - Wade Manuel made a wonderful choice.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Nobody threw his players under the bus more than Randy Edsall. "We didn't execute" was thrown out in almost every single post-game presser after a loss. He was run out of Maryland for doing the exact same thing, among other reasons.

Reaction Score
El-Mir ties it at 2

Very, very, very, very entertaining game

Reaction Score
A team like UConn needs great goaltending to be a factor in the conference and they are not getting it this season. Nichols just not as good as last year. Way too many rebounds. Second goal was off the third rebound of the sequence and the third goal was a gigantic gift off a rebound.

UConn staring at a 1-9 conference start if they do not win tomorrow night.

Team is more talented this year but will finish with a worse conference record.

I am disappointed how this season is shaping up. Definitely not meeting expectations.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Controlled offense, hit the post a few times, it happens. It's hockey.

Reaction Score
That's the point.

We make solid choices and WE let the guy build a Program. How do we know Cavanaugh isn't going to be a solid successful UConn Hockey coach at this point? I think - from my vantage point - Wade Manuel made a.
A team like UConn needs great goaltending to be a factor in the conference and they are not getting it this season. Nichols just not as good as last year. Way too many rebounds. Second goal was off the third rebound of the sequence and the third goal was a gigantic gift off a rebound.

UConn staring at a 1-9 conference start if they do not win tomorrow night.

Team is more talented this year but will finish with a worse conference record.

I am disappointed how this season is shaping up. Definitely not meeting expectations.
Hello Houston we have a problem !

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Was it me or did UConn seem content to tie tonight...vs. a seemingly inferior team...?

I didn't understand why UMass got a 2 minute power play when they scored on the delayed penalty call. It was explained to me later that it is a new rule in college. It is moot because UConn killed the penalty, but it's a stupid rule change, IMO.

Guess I watch too much NHL...wait...no I don't.

Reaction Score
Was it me or did UConn seem content to tie tonight...vs. a seemingly inferior team...?

I didn't understand why UMass got a 2 minute power play when they scored on the delayed penalty call. It was explained to me later that it is a new rule in college. It is moot because UConn killed the penalty, but it's a stupid rule change, IMO.

Guess I watch too much NHL...wait...no I don't.
Not a new rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall