UMass QB | The Boneyard

UMass QB

Reaction Score
I realize this is a bit late to post and all will be answered in 24 hours, but I’m wondering if anyone knows what’s up with UMass’ QB situation. In their last two games they’ve played 3 QBs. For the season they’ve played 5. I don’t see any injury reports. It just seems like they have no QB. Anyone have any real information on what’s going on? The only UMass forum I could find had not one thread on the QB issue. What’s up with that?

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I realize this is a bit late to post and all will be answered in 24 hours, but I’m wondering if anyone knows what’s up with UMass’ QB situation. In their last two games they’ve played 3 QBs. For the season they’ve played 5. I don’t see any injury reports. It just seems like they have no QB. Anyone have any real information on what’s going on? The only UMass forum I could find had not one thread on the QB issue. What’s up with that?
The umasshoops.com website is probably their main website. They go game by game; they don't have a lot of football threads.

Reaction Score

They have no QB stability… it’s a mess.

-> But UMass’ offense has scored just 10.5 points per game over the same stretch and never more than 24 against Liberty. The Minutemen have scored more than one offensive touchdown just once in a game (also against the Flames).

“You don’t bargain the type of game you get. You do what you got to do to win the game. It’s really what it comes down to. It’s not like well, you know, we’re gonna get this many points in this one. Whatever you got to do, you got to do and you can’t cry about it. You just do,” Brown said. “Obviously the big thing for us is continuity and trying to play some football that’s give and take, and I can tell you right now coach (offensive coordinator Steve) Casula’s working real hard with it. The offensive staff are in there banging away trying to figure out ways to get the thing going again.” <-

Reaction Score
I found this pre-season article about their QB's:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Yeah, it’s a mess. I was just shocked that when I went to the UMass football board I could find no information, no discussion, on their QB situation. Reality is, there was little discussion on anything. Place was close to dead. Makes me thankful for the Boneyard. Folks here may drive each of us crazy with their lunacy at times, but at least we have a fan base. UMass football has no following.

Anyway, the takeaway that I have on their QB situation is that although they have 5 QBs, they really have none. Either that or HCDB is just throwing paint on the wall hoping that something will stick and create some sort of offense.

Reaction Score
The kid who played last week against NMSU was the same kid who started against us last year. I watched some of the game last week. He has some flashes of talent. Every once in a while he would look like Josh Allen. But mostly he looked like Woody Allen. The key is going to be stopping their run game. They have a couple of good backs. Once NMSU figured out how to stop the run, there was not much else on the UMass offense.

UMass defense looked pretty good most of the time but also game up some big plays…

Reaction Score

-> But UMass’ offense has scored just 10.5 points per game over the same stretch and never more than 24 against Liberty. The Minutemen have scored more than one offensive touchdown just once in a game (also against the Flames).

“You don’t bargain the type of game you get. You do what you got to do to win the game. It’s really what it comes down to. It’s not like well, you know, we’re gonna get this many points in this one. Whatever you got to do, you got to do and you can’t cry about it. You just do,” Brown said. “Obviously the big thing for us is continuity and trying to play some football that’s give and take, and I can tell you right now coach (offensive coordinator Steve) Casula’s working real hard with it. The offensive staff are in there banging away trying to figure out ways to get the thing going again.” <-

Is it just me, or is that quote from Don Brown nearly unintelligible? Word salad

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
When a team is blessed with 5 potential All America QB's, it makes it difficult to decide who to play. UMass is trying hard to figure out which combinations work best. At some point they considered playing 3 of the 5 simultaneously. But the NCAA stepped in and declared that would be an unfair advantage for them. But keep an eye out for it.

Reaction Score

The points they scored against Liberty were on a breakaway run where there was no drive. In the fourth quarter they scored a defensive td and a late td on Liberty's scrubs

Reaction Score
When a team is blessed with 5 potential All America QB's, it makes it difficult to decide who to play. UMass is trying hard to figure out which combinations work best. At some point they considered playing 3 of the 5 simultaneously. But the NCAA stepped in and declared that would be an unfair advantage for them. But keep an eye out for it.
I wish we had their qb.

Reaction Score
Not sure I’d go that far but he has good arm talent and placed some balls pretty well tonight, receivers didn’t help him at all.
I thought UMass was the better team in the first half, and how lucky we were. Their qb tailed off a little, but I’d love to see an arm like that throwing for us. ZT just isn’t that guy. I would take a Casey Cochran like ZT. Maybe he should watch some old film.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom