UMass Post Mortem | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UMass Post Mortem

Reaction Score
I don't want a dollar of my taxes or any other CT residents tax dollars going to improve Rentschler Field
I am really fed up with people saying we need to invest in facilities.
The team on the field and lack of leadership by UConn does not warrant any more investment

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I listened to most of the game, got hopeful, then got disappointed. Mostly, I feel sad for the kids. Most of them, if not all, were all-state, all-county, or all-conference in high school. Good enough to earn an athletic scholarship, probably not used to losing. Getting in pads for practice next week, and then getting on the field for a game against an Ivy League school must be brutally difficult. I would not want to be in their shoes.

I don't feel sorry for them and it's for the same reason you do feel sorry for them. Most of these kids have been the best players on their team throughout their development.

They play with little heart or trying to go above and beyond. There is no on field leader on offense or defense. Hate to say it but these players don't hold themself or their teammates accountable for the on field performance. Once they get punched in the face they fold. And there's little sympathy or empathy for that character trait.

Reaction Score
You can’t get pushed around by UMass. You just can’t. I don’t care if one of us was interim coach. They controlled the whole 2nd half and we went into the fetal position. Just another new low in an era of breaking the mold on new lows.

I’ll be genuinely surprised if this team can get it together enough to beat Yale.

Reaction Score
Pretty sure that game will be called, won't it? I mean, the NCAA isn't going to let them go through with that...are they?

This program is staring down the barrel...

Reaction Score
I fully expected Dotton-Carter to turn to the camera at the end of the game, reach towards his neck, and pull up a mask to reveal that it was, in fact, Randy Edsall coaching this game.

The horrible playcalling, player apathy, bad play making, etc., etc. all stunk of Randy.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I don't feel sorry for them and it's for the same reason you do feel sorry for them. Most of these kids have been the best players on their team throughout their development.

They play with little heart or trying to go above and beyond. There is no on field leader on offense or defense. Hate to say it but these players don't hold themself or their teammates accountable for the on field performance. Once they get punched in the face they fold. And there's little sympathy or empathy for that character trait.
It's usually poor form to blame the kids. They put in a lot of work and they aren't getting paid. Last week they looked like they really cared....they looked like they were having fun..even in a loss.

This week...they let the covid issues deflate them. They played with no effort and heart. Yes....that's on the coaches (the ones still standing) but the players deserve the heat also.

Reaction Score

But yet they played with heart and toughness the previous 2 games. So you know they have it in them. Or at least it seemed?

Reaction Score
The part that irks me is that with even an average coach and the same players this is a 4-3 team with a chance at a bowl. We NEED to pay the next coach 3-4 million. We have the resources.
Name 22 that are good enough for a 4-3 record. Let alone a 2 deep. Start with the OL and DL and then QB. Saban maybe has 2 wins with this team. Same with Day, Dabo, or any other top 25 coach. there is no miracle coaching that makes the kids faster, stronger or more fundamentally sound.

Reaction Score
I fully expected Dotton-Carter to turn to the camera at the end of the game, reach towards his neck, and pull up a mask to reveal that it was, in fact, Randy Edsall coaching this game.

The horrible playcalling, player apathy, bad play making, etc., etc. all stunk of Randy.
Omg. What a great laugh I got from this!!
What the hell is wrong with the team? They played like they wanted it the last 2 games and this game they couldn’t beat the local pee wee teams in Connecticut!

Last edited:
Reaction Score

He was the one calling the plays earlier in the year as I said... HE NOT GIUFRE had been calling the plays.... Believe me or not .... there should be no surprise by how familiar it looked.

Reaction Score
It's usually poor form to blame the kids. They put in a lot of work and they aren't getting paid. Last week they looked like they really cared....they looked like they were having fun..even in a loss.

This week...they let the covid issues deflate them. They played with no effort and heart. Yes....that's on the coaches (the ones still standing) but the players deserve the heat also.
These are young men who are putting in a lot of work for a free college degree. Can anyone tell me how much a student pays for four years of college at UConn?

Reaction Score
UConn could beat Ohio State by a point tomorrow, and I STILL wouldn't believe the hype. Program is too far gone, frankly.

Reaction Score
$120,000 and the players are working hard for free smh

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Name 22 that are good enough for a 4-3 record. Let alone a 2 deep. Start with the OL and DL and then QB. Saban maybe has 2 wins with this team. Same with Day, Dabo, or any other top 25 coach. there is no miracle coaching that makes the kids faster, stronger or more fundamentally sound.
UMass, Wyoming, Holy Cross, Vandy.

Reaction Score

These kids have a free ride to a top-notch university with a beautiful campus and top-notch training facilities. I don't even remotely feel bad for them anymore they dont even care about UConn and are letting the football program rot. When players FIND WAYS to lose to Vandy and Umass and FCS programs why should we feel bad? Maybe they should take some accountability for once in this program and do something about it. Why should we feel sorry for players who lose to losers?

Reaction Score

I disagree to an extent Chin Diesel... i think they do hold themselves accountable but it is the coaching.. Spanos at helm the past two weeks provided some type of spark the team hasn't had in years. I think that a lot of these kids are now realizing that their spots aren't on lockdown and there is no favoritism moving forward...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom