UMass Post Mortem | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UMass Post Mortem

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Just going steam of consciousness.

The Mensah catch on third down and his attempt to outrun any UMass player was LOL funny. His drop on a third down swing pass was par for the course. He's D2/3 level talent. Not sure if he has D2/3 level speed.

I know UConn is young, but the number of times a defender tries to wrap up a player or when there is a scrum and the ball ends up 3-4 beyond where solid contact is made it putrid. I'd say UMass got at least 50 yards on falling forward and falling through tackles.

#83 (I'm not bothering to look up who he is on the roster) had a great drop in the end zone. At least the second time he has been in the end zone this year and had a ball on his hands and it ends up on the ground. He too can go to practice squad or transfer portal.

All the UConn coaches who showed up today were duds. Didn't see any energy or emotion from them.

Seriously, Carter can stay and it doesn't matter if anyone else does.

Reaction Score
Steven Krajewski has tangibles.... but he obviously takes a very very long time to get into rhythm... Edsall really screwed up his development and maybe Spanos saw that and that's why he went with Tyler Phommachanh because rather have a new fresh quarterback who is dying to play and bring a spark, make rookie mistakes but at least you know he will keep the energy up and learn from it. Here is my prediction for next season... the next coach is going to focus on defense because the good Lord knows we need some defensive players... no way should our defense be getting gassed going into the second half.. second, he is most likely going to bring in an older QB that complements Tyler Phommachanh playing style and let Tyler Phommachanh ride the bench to learn or let them battle out in camp. Third, our WR corp will be in full health and could use another transfer wideout who is a baller and is physical.. maybe bring in an older transfer for center and tackles spot.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Steven Krajewski has tangibles.... but he obviously takes a very very long time to get into rhythm... Edsall really screwed up his development and maybe Spanos saw that and that's why he went with Tyler Phommachanh because rather have a new fresh quarterback who is dying to play and bring a spark, make rookie mistakes but at least you know he will keep the energy up and learn from it. Here is my prediction for next season... the next coach is going to focus on defense because the good Lord knows we need some defensive players... no way in that our defense should be getting gassed going into the second half.. second, he is most likely going to bring in an older QB that complements Tyler Phommachanh playing style and let Tyler Phommachanh ride the bench to learn or let them battle out in camp. Third, our WR corp will be in full health and could use another transfer wideout who is a baller and is physical.. maybe bring in an older transfer for center and tackles spot.
He’s not the answer.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Steven Krajewski has tangibles.... but he obviously takes a very very long time to get into rhythm... Edsall really screwed up his development and maybe Spanos saw that and that's why he went with Tyler Phommachanh because rather have a new fresh quarterback who is dying to play and bring a spark, make rookie mistakes but at least you know he will keep the energy up and learn from it. Here is my prediction for next season... the next coach is going to focus on defense because the good Lord knows we need some defensive players... no way should our defense be getting gassed going into the second half.. second, he is most likely going to bring in an older QB that complements Tyler Phommachanh playing style and let Tyler Phommachanh ride the bench to learn or let them battle out in camp. Third, our WR corp will be in full health and could use another transfer wideout who is a baller and is physical.. maybe bring in an older transfer for center and tackles spot.
Intangibles? Wow. Maybe I don’t know what the word means. But you can’t believe that Steven Krajewski has D1 QB “intangibles” after watching this game or any game he’s played in.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I'm not making excuses but the last TD by UMass was aided by an egregious no call on hold on Webb on the edge which would have drasitically changed that drive.
That was as egregious as the flag on the UConn player who gave the UMass guy a hand off the pile.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
That was as egregious as the flag on the UConn player who gave the UMass guy a hand off the pile.

Well, the Flosports feed was god awful, but when that play finished the fat ass UMass lineman was just laying across Steven Krajewski and not doing anything to move or get up. Saw two UConn players going toward the lineman and had a feeling things were going to get chippy.

Bad call or not, I'm fine with that. Just wish the UConn player would have made the penalty worthwhile while removing UMass player from the ground.

Reaction Score
I thought from the first offensive possession that they were not interested at all. The coach that was there today should not return ever. The team we saw for the past two weeks was a lot better than the one that showed up (or didn't show up) today.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Yeah...that was just weird. He must have said something that got him the flag.

But that lack of holding call was ridiculous.

Reaction Score
are we playing Clemson?

Could be interesting if the two Tyler Phommachanh brothers both play....

Tyler P for UConn at QB and Taisun P. at QB for Clemson.

Reaction Score
I listened to most of the game, got hopeful, then got disappointed. Mostly, I feel sad for the kids. Most of them, if not all, were all-state, all-county, or all-conference in high school. Good enough to earn an athletic scholarship, probably not used to losing. Getting in pads for practice next week, and then getting on the field for a game against an Ivy League school must be brutally difficult. I would not want to be in their shoes.

Reaction Score
If everyone thinks about it.... we really do not have a QB except for Tyler Phommachanh that knows how to manage the O and build chemistry... When Steven Krajewski and Jack Zergiotis play,. the O looks lifeless, no leadership, no poise, and no spark... I really wish Steven Krajewski was successful but I think Edsall mentally screwed him up because every time he had a chance to play he did fairly well just to be bench the following week. When your head coach puts you in the game just because the team is losing... it just doesn't send the right message in my opinion, Steven Krajewski may need a new change of scenery because we see what we can do with a talent like Tyler Phommachanh... it kind of reminds me of Pindell. I bet if Pindell had the team we have right now will prolly win 5-6 games easily.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom