UMass > MAC for all sports in 2025-2026 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UMass > MAC for all sports in 2025-2026

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
The road trip from Miami to the Bay Area is about ##### miles?

Hope you guys get in the Mac for FB only.
And people are talking about FSU to the Big10. Florida to Washington and everywhere in between

Reaction Score
I really wonder if we’ve talked recently to them about football. Independence has no future.
It's an interesting conversation to have. I have enjoyed independence but I wonder how difficult it will be to get late season games going forward

Reaction Score
well, I guess we are the best apple left on the barrel other than ND. I hope we find a way into a Bob boy conference before I die. The B1G should take us just so they can finally have a shot at a BB title. It’s been like 25 years.

Reaction Score
Slightly confused why Delaware and UMass didn't team up for this
The MAC may not have been interested in the FCS => FBS Blue Hens, but it might not be too surprising for FBS Delaware to continue lobbying the MAC now. Think TCU and Boise previously accepting BE invitations, then paying to back out of accepted invitations.

CUSA be damned, it’s fairly likely UD is financially well positioned to potentially negotiate itself out of the not so desirable conference, lower its travel costs (MAC < CUSA), and not be associated with Liberty and CUSA’s majority-sh|t schools.

Reaction Score
I really wonder if we’ve talked recently to them about football. Independence has no future.
Does the MAC have a future with the way things are evolving? Does any G5 conference/team have a future? At this point I'm kind of losing sight of the point of G5 teams other than offering cannon fodder for the P2/P4 to pad wins. I'm reaching a point where I would be in support of a new subdivision being established.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Some Conference may take us, eventually, for FB only. If not, it is getting daunting as a ticket holder staring down 5-6 straight home games in a row followed by a month on the road and byes. I’ve said before kudos to AD Dave cobbling together teams to play. But let’s get into a FB only conference for stability.

Reaction Score
Some Conference may take us, eventually, for FB only. If not, it is getting daunting as a ticket holder staring down 5-6 straight home games in a row followed by a month on the road and byes. I’ve said before kudos to AD Dave cobbling together teams to play. But let’s get into a FB only conference for stability.
And for god’s sakes don’t let it be the MAC or some equivalent

Reaction Score
Does the MAC have a future with the way things are evolving? Does any G5 conference/team have a future? At this point I'm kind of losing sight of the point of G5 teams other than offering cannon fodder for the P2/P4 to pad wins. I'm reaching a point where I would be in support of a new subdivision being established.
Absolutely
In 2023 there were 61 programs in the G5. There is some movement in 2024 so I believe that number increases. Whether it's called G5 or another subdivision, kids will be playing college football somewhere.

Reaction Score
I think we need to deal with the AAC as an interim measure. It just makes sense. Army, Navy, Temple, East Carolina, USF, FAU & Charlotte are all reasonable places to get too. Makes sense as an Eastern Division. And we play a bunch of them anyway. FAU, Rice, USF, Temple, UAB are all on our schedule in the next few years. It makes sense for them. It makes sense for us. Enough time has passed since we left. Just do it!

Reaction Score
I think we need to deal with the AAC as an interim measure. It just makes sense. Army, Navy, Temple, East Carolina, USF, FAU & Charlotte are all reasonable places to get too. Makes sense as an Eastern Division. And we play a bunch of them anyway. FAU, Rice, USF, Temple, UAB are all on our schedule in the next few years. It makes sense for them. It makes sense for us. Enough time has passed since we left. Just do it!
The aac doesn’t want our football.. we tried to stay in the aac for football

Reaction Score
Random question somewhat related to this topic - how do the logistics work for transporting gear game to game? Does a UMAss just keep a warehouse and truck local in Ohio and transport from there - then they would need 2 of everything? I'd think a Cal/Stamford might do the same for ACC. Or is there shared equipment that teams use locally? What did we do in the AAC and the southern schools?

Reaction Score
It’s not so much that they don’t want the football as much as they really want the BB

Reaction Score
Random question somewhat related to this topic - how do the logistics work for transporting gear game to game? Does a UMAss just keep a warehouse and truck local in Ohio and transport from there - then they would need 2 of everything? I'd think a Cal/Stamford might do the same for ACC. Or is there shared equipment that teams use locally? What did we do in the AAC and the southern schools?
Load up an 18 wheeler or two and drive it out there. Most places can typically be driven two within 2 days, Cal/Stanford may need more time, but it’s fuel cost and maybe an extra days pay for the driver. Not a huge expense in the grand scheme of logistics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom