UMass-Lowell Postgame Thread | The Boneyard

UMass-Lowell Postgame Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Some thoughts on the UMass-Lowell game:
  • The best thing about this game is that it finally happened despite starts and stops, positive Covid tests, player quarantines, etc. I will cherish every single game this season, hopefully right on through the Big Dance.
  • Good ball and player movement most of the game. This is one “pass happy” team, although at times, a little too pass happy.
  • After sitting out for 2 years, I was impressed with Evina’s game. She did a little bit of everything and demonstrated the poise and leadership UConn needs from her.
  • Aubrey and Mir are ferocious defenders. They may be more Pit Bull than Husky.
  • Wondering if UConn can maintain a 9-player rotation throughout the season?
  • It’s been a long wait, but let it be noted, “THE PAIGE BUECKERS ERA AT UCONN HAS BEGUN!” Nice stat-stuffer game for the rookie. 17 pts, 9 rb, 5 a, 5 st
  • Finally, I must ask if any of our illustrious Boneyarders are represented among the CARDBOARD CUTOUTS at Gampel?

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Well, clearly Liv had her issues, but the offense had problems once she hit the bench. Of the freshmen Mir is a PLAYA and she needs minutes. I think in the chat I said a hundred times that Mir reads the ball off the rim as well as anyone I've seen in Husky blue. Her sweetness around the rim in finishing is pure. Paige is what we expected, a future POY. Edwards is a beast, but she'll need to stay in the game by limiting her fouls, taming her aggression a bit, and showing something beyond 8 feet. Muhl is a fine passer but shows limitations on defense and working off the dribble. No one looked in great condition, although Paige surprised me with hers. She also surprised me with her quick hands and quick feet on defense. PB is a two way player.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Some thoughts on the UMass-Lowell game:
  • The best thing about this game is that it finally happened despite starts and stops, positive Covid tests, player quarantines, etc. I will cherish every single game this season, hopefully right on through the Big Dance.
  • Good ball and player movement most of the game. This is one “pass happy” team, although at times, a little too pass happy.
  • After sitting out for 2 years, I was impressed with Evina’s game. She did a little bit of everything and demonstrated the poise and leadership UConn needs from her.
  • Aubrey and Mir are ferocious defenders. They may be more Pit Bull than Husky.
  • Wondering if UConn can maintain a 9-player rotation throughout the season?
  • It’s been a long wait, but let it be noted, “THE PAIGE BUECKERS ERA AT UCONN HAS BEGUN!” Nice stat-stuffer game for the rookie. 17 pts, 9 rb, 5 a, 5 st
  • Finally, I must ask if any of our illustrious Boneyarders are represented among the CARDBOARD CUTOUTS at Gampel?

Besides Paige being completely at home and brilliant, I thought Mir was fantastic. She is a great finisher around the basket. If only Liv could finish have as good as Mir does. It is so obvious why Geno sees the freshman as competitive. They play and have no fear. Liv and Christyn seem to be very unsure (or worse, forcing things).

Oh. And I have a cutout

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Bueckers, Edward’s, and possibly Mir will be major contributors this season. IMO The other freshmen are going to struggle.
As a team, need to get better on defense.
I disagree. I think this team will labor against teams that pack the paint and expose their outside shooting. That is unless Paige, CW, Evina, and Anna show more.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
A long long time ago, I had the pleasure of playing basketball with someone who passed like Paige. ( Bob Cousy comes to mind.) You ALWAYS have to be awake, or you will be hit in the face with the ball. I'm sure Paige's teammates will learn this.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
A welcome relief to see a live game. Overall a very good start to the season. This team can pass the rock. A big plus. The chemistry on the floor will improve. This will be a difficult team to deal with.

Paige is the real deal. She did not play like a frosh. She played like a veteran. Great court awareness. Her mid-range jumper is going to be a devastating weapon as the season moves on.

Edwards is a physical presence down low. She has good movement down low. Jamelle must be pleased with Edwards first game.

Liv had a fine first half and looked tired in the second half. She will be the key to the offense. Anna played well. Typical Anna game. Williams seemed to disappear at times.

Evina looked very good after a 2 year layoff. Very happy for her. Nika played well. Tough kid.

Aubrey and Mir down low could be a monster down low.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
A long long time ago, I had the pleasure of playing basketball with someone who passed like Paige. ( Bob Cousy comes to mind.) You ALWAYS have to be awake, or you will be hit in the face with the ball. I'm sure Paige's teammates will learn this.
Are you serious? You played with the Couse? I am impressed.

Reaction Score
Mir played VERY WELL! maybe because the opponent was overmatched but loved what I saw.

Paige is a game changer! Nothing more to be said

Edwards is a beast! I’d put her in the starting lineup.

let’s get the season rolling!
Edwards is a beast, to be sure, but if she started she would foul out every game. She is much more effective right now as Olivia’s backup, particularly with Aubrey and Mir on the team.
Paige is already the best player on this team; how she plays will determine how successful they are. Having a nine-person rotation will help her tremendously.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I wasn't impressed with Christyn and LIv's play today. They should dominate this level of competition. I thought Evina's play was good considering she hasn't played for two years. Paige was the best player on the court today. She played under control and should have had a double/double if not a triple double.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom