UMass is a must win. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UMass is a must win.

Reaction Score
Considering how this season started, it's truly incredible that a bowl game is even in the conversation. The majority of us predicted about 3 wins (give or take 1) and that was before the surplus of injuries.

What a job Mora & his staff have done.

Reaction Score
If UConn gets 6 wins, I'm guessing they go to one of the MAC affiliated bowls as it seems the MAC won't fill all their spots.
That is possible. I would also point out that Jim Mora knows a lot of people in the college football world. Some other options may present themself.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Today’s win vs. BC opens up a real possibility to make a bowl game. Next week is a life or death. A loss vs. UMass would be devastating. However, I do think we take care of business.

2 wins to go.
I tend to ignore the regular hyperbole from @shizzle787, but I 100% agree on this take.

UConn is two wins away from bowl eligibility and UMass is far and away the worst team remaining on their schedule.

What's crazy is that each game remaining is "winnable", but I am confident UConn will beat UMass. I don't feel the same true confidence playing against Liberty/Army.

What a fun season this has been! The energy from the players, coaches, the bench, the noise of the crowd. Felt good to see on TV.

Reaction Score
Just one small point -- and I may have overlooked the fact that someone has already said this -- but UMass is a must win every time UConn plays them. In whatever sport. Including hockey where they currently excel (2021 National Champions).

Reaction Score
Oh, btw, I know I said that I have moved beyond hating teams, but just to clarify, a 54-0 score in favor of UConn would definitely be satisfying. Immensely satisfying actually.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
I tend to ignore the regular hyperbole from @shizzle787, but I 100% agree on this take.

UConn is two wins away from bowl eligibility and UMass is far and away the worst team remaining on their schedule.

What's crazy is that each game remaining is "winnable", but I am confident UConn will beat UMass. I don't feel the same true confidence playing against Liberty/Army.

What a fun season this has been! The energy from the players, coaches, the bench, the noise of the crowd. Felt good to see on TV.
Assuming we beat UMass and lose to Liberty, the Army game will be a playoff game. Win and we live to play another day!

Reaction Score
Not worried about UMass, worried about Liberty and Army. Think webeat Army, Liberty will be a challenge

Reaction Score
Our offense hasn't put together a decent drive since the first half against Ball State. Our RB group is two deep. We should win. But the game still holds peril especially if we turn the ball over like we did in the second half against Ball State.

Reaction Score
I want the Cure Bowl. The stadium is 20 minutes from where I live.

Cure Bowl
3 p.m.
ESPN
Exploria Stadium in Orlando, Florida

I could sure do a Cure Bowl. Wife has already said if they make it and as long as it's a warm location. WE WILL BE THERE. Early Christmas gift. C'mon Santa

Reaction Score
Assuming we beat UMass and lose to Liberty, the Army game will be a playoff game. Win and we live to play another day!
I'm only 75 minutes from Michie Stadium. I was there for the last UConn football game @ Army and I want revenge!

Any tips to get into the stadium without getting checked in to the visitors' center first?

Reaction Score
The New Mexico bowl is a 6 hour drive for me, would love it if we made it to that game.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I know we aren’t the worst team in college football anymore, but I cannot believe some of these posts overlooking any opponent. Glad the staff and players are likely not in this frame of mind. Treat every game like we’re the underdog.

Reaction Score
Absolutely agree. Can't beat BC then lose to their little brother. Plus, after what happened to us last year in Amherst, I wanna beat the crap outta them.
I lived in Western Mass for 22 years, including most of Calimari's tenure, and their fans froth at the mouth about UConn.

They believe UConn's success is no big deal and they should be better, so we can be sure their players will be fired up and Don Brown will have put them into a frenzy about the game, so we better be ready.

Reaction Score
On the original point of the thread, yeah can't cough up a hairball in this spot.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom