UMass Guard Derrick Gordon Is College Basketball’s First Openly Gay Player | The Boneyard

UMass Guard Derrick Gordon Is College Basketball’s First Openly Gay Player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Gordon's announcement will result in the most publicity UMess gets in years.

borninansonia

Neandertal
Reaction Score
I've found, from first hand experience, that a lot of straight guys get quite upset when a gay guy is a better basketball player than they are.

Reaction Score
Just want to say that I am extremely proud of Gordon. He has proven to be tough on the court now he shows he is one courageous SOB as well. Being a visitor to this board I realize I'm owed no favors but I'll ask anyway. Can we leave Gordon and his situation out of all the UMass/ UConn vitriol? He deserves better!

Reaction Score
Just want to say that I am extremely proud of Gordon. He has proven to be tough on the court now he shows he is one courageous SOB as well. Being a visitor to this board I realize I'm owed no favors but I'll ask anyway. Can we leave Gordon and his situation out of all the UMass/ UConn vitriol? He deserves better!

Uh, NO, this is our board, thank you for visiting

Reaction Score
By the way, what does "openly" gay mean?

All his teammates and friends knew that John Amaechi was gay at PSU.

Reaction Score
http://www.uproxx.com/sports/2014/04/pissed-off-kentucky-fans-set-a-house-on-fire-uconn-fans-idiots/

WCBS Newsradio reporter Alex Silverman was in Storrs for the celebrating that he described as “bedlam” and “ungrateful disregard for life and property.” There was even pot smoke, people. REEFER!

Pot. On a college campus in America. Well, pack it up, the liberal tree-humpers have finally won. Time to escape to Space Admiral Gingrich’s moon colony while we still have a chance.

L O L.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The time to make a splash by coming out was about 10-15 years ago. Now? Meh.

Reaction Score
Just want to say that I am extremely proud of Gordon. He has proven to be tough on the now he shows he is one courageous SOB as well. Being a visitor to this board I realize I'm owed no favors but I'll ask anyway. Can we leave Gordon and his situation out of all the UMass/ UConn vitriol? He deserves better!
Nobody is bashing this kid, just UMess' program. You clowns finally make it to the big dance after 16 years only to get trounced by a play in team.
Plus, your football conference situation makes UConn's conference situation look great.

Reaction Score
It must be nice to be so blissfully ignorant.

Reaction Score
If he was our guy we'd be proud and rooting for him, let's do the same for Derrick. He looks relieved and happy now as he should be and I am happy for the young hand while wishing him the best!

Classy post mauconnfan......but I've come to expect that from you

Reaction Score
Classy post mauconnfan.but I've come to expect that from you

Thanks but you must not be a Red Sox fan then or go to the Baseball Board…..lol…….he seems like a great kid. Tough not to feel for him after watching that interview!

DrG

Reaction Score
If UMass had more players as tough as Derrick, they wouldn't have been rolled in the first round. Thanks to the sympathetic posters here and congratulations on your NC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom