Umass greaseball coach takes shot at Uconn | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Umass greaseball coach takes shot at Uconn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Pudge did.

I read the comments. You place more weigh on anecdotal comments from anonymous posters than you do the numbers provided by the management company of the facility. Good call.

Let's cut the BS

This a FREE paper. With a clear agenda. If you were fair minded, you would go look at two parallel sources. The Attendance reported on the Box Score. And the articles written by the Memphis Commercial Appeal. The Tenn-Martin game is particularly interesting because of the low Division opponent & the long weather delay. The Memphis paper specifically noted a great game day atmosphere AND 30,000 plus waiting out the storm. I did not read through every home game. I can tell you that neither Tulsa or Northern Illinois averaged over 20,000 nor drew more than 23,000 with a double digit victory column.

Yes. I'm tired of folks dumping on Memphis. Here they are - they're in.

Reaction Score
The bowl game was a backpedal. He was really just passing the picture off as a Memphis home game. It wasn't even a picture of the right year.

I didn't make the numbers up, I took them from an article that got them from the managers of the stadium. If you don't believe them that's your choice, but I didn't make them up.

What's ironic is that you still miss the point. Where is UT-Martin? Think that has anything to do with the fact it was the most attended game of the year Memphis played? That's a rhetorical question, I don't expect you guys to get the point so long as you're continuing to talk about a bowl game that Memphis didn't play in.

Reaction Score
In fairness, the management company said there was 3o something thousand for the bowl game between Vandy & Cincy. Did that picture of the game look like a half full stadium? I think this is where Pudge & Upstater are coming from.

Great. That has nothing to do with their virtually non existent football fanbase.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I am Italian. And not in the least bit offended by the term "greaseball". People really have to lighten up over this.

I also have no tolerance for someone who uses racial slurs to make a point. I don't care who is doing it. It's low rent. And Mark W. hitched his wagon to that loser.

Yeah...I hitched my wagon......you guys have no problem with an Italian slur...but heaven forbid another slur surface....let's stop all this BS right here....this has nothing to do with political correctness...I don't condone the word he used in his post and I find it offensive....but maybe, just maybe,,,,,he found your thread title offensive. I find the post by HFD that assumes he is gay offensive...why do differing opinions have to get so friggin nasty????.

Reaction Score
Can we settle for just telling you guys how much you suck?

Sure we can......we went 1-11 in our first year in FBS football...how much of an argument do you think you will get out of me....the thing is though....all the crap you guys say about UMass, Memphis, Tulane, etc. Michigan, Ohio State, Fla. State etc. are saying about you guys!!!

Reaction Score
The bowl game was a backpedal. He was really just passing the picture off as a Memphis home game. It wasn't even a picture of the right year.

Talk about backpedals. The guy gets facts constantly wrong (lack of Memphis fanbase, average 10k bball fans) and won't admit he has no command of the facts.

The bowl in the picture was the right year. How can you possibly say it's not? This is what the writer wrote:
Last year's game between Cincinnati and Vanderbilt drew a crowd of 31,578.

You're wrong here yet again!!!

And it has everything to do with your idiotic claims since the writer makes up! Just like you do.

Reaction Score
Great. That has nothing to do with their virtually non existent football fanbase.

No one is pumping their football fanbase. 19k isn't going to cut it. We're just telling you that the facts you guys are taking from that article are wrong!

Reaction Score
I gotta tell ya, I didn't even put 2 & 2 together because I don't know, nor care, what makes up Charlie Molnar ethnic background. (According to Wikipedia, Molnar is a Hungarian surname). I thought the comment was made because of the bulletin board material the man was spewing, not his heritage.

BTW without knowing 100%, I'll bet that Pasqualoni's ethnic background is at least part Italian, but his "nationality" is American. If you're going to berate anonymous posters for being insensitive, at least use the correct terms.

Perhaps the sensitivity issue does not lie with the ones posting...And I say this, being at least part Italian myself.
SJMoney needs to chill. When I penned the title of this thread I did not think Molnar was Italian nor do I now. The reason he was called such is because, well, every time I see him, he has TONS of grease in his hair and it is slicked back! I love people that look for things to jump on even when they aren't there.

Reaction Score
SJMoney needs to chill. When I penned the title of this thread I did not think Molnar was Italian nor do I now. The reason he was called such is because, well, every time I see him, he has TONS of grease in his hair and it is slicked back! I love people that look for things to jump on even when they aren't there.

His hair is a fire hazard.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
SJMoney needs to chill.

Exactly, enough of this forced outrage. Reminds of the time where this guy was going off to no one in particular at the local watering hole - "I don't care if call me a guinea, but if you call me a wop I'll kill you!" I'm like what are you talking about? I haven't heard the term wop since All In The Family.

Reaction Score
Sure we can......we went 1-11 in our first year in FBS football...how much of an argument do you think you will get out of me....the thing is though....all the crap you guys say about UMass, Memphis, Tulane, etc. Michigan, Ohio State, Fla. State etc. are saying about you guys!!!

Yeah football wise we're not Michigan, OSU, FSU, etc. Thanks for the heads up.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Yeah...I hitched my wagon......you guys have no problem with an Italian slur...but heaven forbid another slur surface....let's stop all this BS right here....this has nothing to do with political correctness...I don't condone the word he used in his post and I find it offensive....but maybe, just maybe,,,,,he found your thread title offensive. I find the post by HFD that assumes he is gay offensive...why do differing opinions have to get so friggin nasty????.

I consider it just a run of the mill insult, not really an ethnic slur. The term is certainly not in the same category as what Whatshisname said (that probably got himself banned). I

think Someone has watched The Godfather one too many times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom