UM Interested In Warde Manuel | The Boneyard

UM Interested In Warde Manuel

Status
Not open for further replies.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
With what has happened to our football program at least part (I know it's part, but still) under his watch, what would UM want with him now?

Reaction Score
He is a michigan man and if the Brady hoke hire shows you anything that goes over real big out there

Reaction Score
I have some Michigan friends and they talk like Michigan is the best program in college football and National Championships are to be expected. You realize how ridiculous this is when you see they won it in 1997 and the last time they won it before that was in 1948. One championship in the last 66 years isn't exactly impressive.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Presumably, we would then have an ally at an important position at a school with a lot of sway to fight for us.
I don't buy that line of thinking. I don't think it would hurt us, but I doubt it would help. Every school acts in its own self-interest. I don't think Manuel being there would change the equation for us.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Presumably, we would then have an ally at an important position at a school with a lot of sway to fight for us.
Don't see it either. Ally possibly. A lot of sway, highly doubt.
But what do I know - just a boneyard poster.

Reaction Score
I don't buy that line of thinking. I don't think it would hurt us, but I doubt it would help. Every school acts in its own self-interest. I don't think Manuel being there would change the equation for us.
What are you talking about? We already have a former UConn employee as the President of the NCAA fighting for us all the time!

Reaction Score
One of the top positions in college sports. Maybe the top position. As a former alumni the chances of him staying if offered is approaching zero. No shame in losing him to Michigan.

Reaction Score
....And there's a clause in Ollie's contract that if Warde or Susan leave their positions, KO can terminate his contract with zero buyout.

Reaction Score

Yea, I myself don't think Warde in that position would do much for us. Just trying to make sense of @Kitaman's post for @Bonehead.

Reaction Score
By the way, I don't think Michigan would really need to gauge his interest. They know he'd bolt in a heartbeat.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
What's not true, that Michigan has gauged his interest? Or that he would help us get into a P5?

Michigan has not contacted Warde.

And no one really cares what the AD's think, so he'd have to become president of Michigan to have any pull.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom