UL - Wichita St

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
Are there like 3 earlys?

Reaction Score
Oh man. Horrid break for WSU on the tie-up.

Ball game.

Reaction Score
that held ball call seemed pretty arbitary - with 4 sec left?

Tommyboy

Reaction Score
That's was a really fast tie up call. Thanks for taking the excitement away refs. ;)

Reaction Score
Frustrating end. Didn't foul Dieng, got tied up on a very quick whistle, and overall letting Luke Hancock beat you. Go Michigan.

Reaction Score
Seemed like everything went downhill for WSU after Baker passed up that wide open 3 from the top of the key. Oh well, I would rather see Lou win if Syr wins, I couldn't see WSU beating Syr with how poor they shoot the ball.

Reaction Score
Louisville defense is predicated on how the game is called (and I am not a fan). Offensively, however, their bench and depth really came through, and was the difference in the game.

Reaction Score
Seemed like everything went downhill for WSU after Baker passed up that wide open 3 from the top of the key. Oh well, I would rather see Lou win if Syr wins, I couldn't see WSU beating Syr with how poor they shoot the ball.

Baker is a red shirt freshman. Very impressive.

Reaction Score
I was wanting the other game first, so I knew who to root for.

Reaction Score
That's was a really fast tie up call. Thanks for taking the excitement away refs. ;)
It was, but the WSU guy also couldn't control an uncontested rebound cleanly. If he doesn't trip over himself and force a dribble, that tie up never happens. That said, it was a very quick whistle, and the alternate possession rule is absurd to begin with.

Tommyboy

Reaction Score
It was, but the WSU guy also couldn't control an uncontested rebound cleanly. If he doesn't trip over himself and force a dribble, that tie up never happens. That said, it was a very quick whistle, and the alternate possession rule is absurd to begin with.
I can totally live with call just wish it didn't happen so we coulda seen a chance to tie.

Reaction Score
I can totally live with call just wish it didn't happen so we coulda seen a chance to tie.
oh, of course, everyone wants to see the shot, but I just take issue with those (not you) saying the refs blew the game and lost because of that call. that couldn't be farther from the truth.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
god forbid but if the cuse wins i would rather lousivlle play them

Tommyboy

Reaction Score
oh, of course, everyone wants to see the shot, but I just take issue with those (not you) saying the refs blew the game and lost because of that call. that couldn't be farther from the truth.
Agreed.

Reaction Score
The game really turned when Wichita State missed a 1-and-1 up by 12, then Louisville came down and that scrub hit a 3. Then a minute later they missed another front end, and the same guy hit a 3. Louisville was right back in it and it was only a matter of time.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

Tie up calls are supposed to be for joint possession. This play is called very differently than it was 10-20 years ago. Watch a game from the early 90's and see how refs called tie ups. 20 years ago, you couldn't just put a hand on the ball and get a whistle blown. You actually had to have joint possession. The refs would let play go for a second or two to let the players decide. There was no possible interpretation of that play where Louisville had joint possession of the ball, or would have come up with the ball if play had continued for even another second.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom