Uk offered ham | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Uk offered ham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That's not fair; NOBODY had Drummond reclassifying. Lots of people thought he'd come to UConn, but nobody thought it would be for the 11-12 season. He was consistent in saying that Drummond was going to reclassify and come here, even posting it in August when we all thought there was 0 chance of it happening.

Absolutely true. Chief was all over that.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I'm starting to think cheif is a high school basketball coach in CT somewhere. That could explain his complex relationship with our coaching staff. How he knew about Drummond. He'll he probably coached him. Perhaps UConn doesn't recruit his school anymore, and that explains why his connections are fading.

I know this is all bull but just a crazy hypothetical.

Reaction Score
Can you imagine if Ham reclasses.. Our incoming class of newcomers next year will be 'Rique, Ham, Durham, Diarra, Jackson, and Larrier.. And I don't know how many scholarships we'd have left but throw in the possibility of Vital, Thompson, and Brown reclassifying.

C

Chief00

He had a 50% chance of being correct. Credit does not need to be given.

Quite frankly, you must not be a math major. There were several scenarios at the time:
- Attend prep school in MA
- then next year attend another college
- then next year attend UConn
- Go pro
- Immediately
- In a year
- Reclassify and Attend college immediately
- select UConn
- select another college

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Quite frankly, you must not be a math major. There were several scenarios at the time:
- Attend prep school in MA
- then next year attend another college
- then next year attend UConn
- Go pro
- Immediately
- In a year
- Reclassify and Attend college immediately
- select UConn
- select another college

Okay congratulations, you found one contact who still gave you the scoop. I'd put your odds of predicting things going forward as very low. The scene is changing, with newer (younger) faces becoming the ones in the know.

C

Chief00

Okay congratulations, you found one contact who still gave you the scoop. I'd put your odds of predicting things going forward as very low. The scene is changing, with newer (younger) faces becoming the ones in the know.

What is it you have against Calhoun, who built the program we all love?

And what is your obsession that KO and I have some rift - LOL

As I stated previously, he did a favor for me when he was an Assistant - I like him. Quite frankly, where do your narratives come from?

True, hats off to the young guns who monitor Twitter and Instagram - I am out of touch with that a little. I still think face to face relationships are important to some degree. But maybe some day I will be wrong about that due to the millennials comfort with technology.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
What is it you have against Calhoun, who built the program we all love?

And what is your obsession that KO and I have some rift - LOL

As I stated previously, he did a favor for me when he was an Assistant - I like him. Quite frankly, where do your narratives come from?

True, hats off to the young guns who monitor Twitter and Instagram - I am out of touch with that a little. I still think face to face relationships are important to some degree. But maybe some day I will be wrong about that due to the millennials comfort with technology.

I revere Calhoun and am thankful for everything he did for the university. The difference between you and me is, I have come to terms with the fact that he isn't running the program anymore -- I don't live in the past and spend time complaining about why a two-year assistant coach with a history of propositioning prostitutes isn't hired back in the year 2016, or bemoaning the fact that Kevin Ollie doesn't swear at his players as much. Things are just different now and that's the way it is.

Reaction Score

Hey Stairmaster go easy on us old folks. I might be old but I'm immature!

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Hey Stairmaster go easy on us old folks. I might be old but I'm immature!

I do appreciate the older posters here more than I can say. Growing up, I heard many stories about the days of Hugh Greer and Dee Rowe, and I have the utmost respect for those who have stuck with the program since then.

C

Chief00

I revere Calhoun and am thankful for everything he did for the university. The difference between you and me is, I have come to terms with the fact that he isn't running the program anymore -- I don't live in the past and spend time complaining about why a two-year assistant coach with a history of propositioning prostitutes isn't hired back in the year 2016, or bemoaning the fact that Kevin Ollie doesn't swear at his players as much. Things are just different now and that's the way it is.
Very bad tactic young fella. Creating red herring issues or false narratives.
- I never said KO should swear and good God not as much as Calhoun
- I posted many times that Warde should extend KO's probationary contract
- I think Clyde got a disproportionate punishment for what he did - compare to Pitino. He also was a very good Bigs coach and recruiter.
- Just a hint - if you want some good sources don't just rah rah the Ray Allen's and Kemba's - that's easy. Support a guy when he is down and not popular. Aka Clyde and and Nate Miles or respect a guy on the bench who was a great teammate - Sam Jr. People respect that loyalty.

Reaction Score
Very bad tactic young fella. Creating red herring issues or false narratives.
- I never said KO should swear and good God not as much as Calhoun
- I posted many times that Warde should extend KO's probationary contract
- I think Clyde got a disproportionate punishment for what he did - compare to Pitino. He also was a very good Bigs coach and recruiter.
- Just a hint - if you want some good sources don't just rah rah the Ray Allen's and Kemba's - that's easy. Support a guy when he is down and not popular. Aka Clyde and and Nate Miles or respect a guy on the bench who was a great teammate - Sam Jr. People respect that loyalty.

I mean c'mon Chief would you really expect Clyde to get the same treatment as Pitino?

C

Chief00

I mean c'mon Chief would you really expect Clyde to get the same treatment as Pitino?

No, but now we don't just have the restraurant table incident but the stripper/prostitutes in the dorm as well. So Pitino gets a double pass - Clyde gets none - even after 12 years.

Reaction Score
No, but now we don't just have the restraurant table incident but the stripper/prostitutes in the dorm as well. So Pitino gets a double pass - Clyde gets none - even after 12 years.

I agree wish Clyde was given slack or allowed back in the game, but its not going to be the same as Pitino no matter.

Reaction Score
The good news about them offering Ham is we now know he's "great" right because if he was "good" it would have been a favor for a coach Cal liked ;)

Reaction Score
No, but some yarders hang on to things.

Well I'm guilty of that in certain area's too but some are just waiting in the wings for sure. Oh well we all have flaws lol, just some a lot fewer than others right 32 ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom