UH...Stanford Duke Gamethread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UH...Stanford Duke Gamethread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
True. Losing Wells (suspension) and Jackson (ACL) for the year hurt. Henson's injury hurt less, mainly depth in the post, but she was not being counted upon for many minutes going into the year.

Stanford turned Duke into a scorer, rather than a distributor/facilitator who could score. This is what Tennessee did to Alana Beard in the 2003 Final Four and what UConn did to Beard in the 2003 regular season game in Cameron. What changed in 2004, when Duke defeated UConn in Hartford, was that there was another player who could create her own shot - Monique Currie (who missed the 2003 games with an ACL injury).

This is where Alexis Jones will help next year and where Chloe Wells/Richa Jackson would have helped this year.

Stanford played great D on Duke, clogging passing lanes and limiting Gray to 4 assists, compared to Kokenis' 8.

Reaction Score
Did Camp start? Would Green have started? Would Ruef have started? Would Boothe have started? Samuelson? No to at least four, likely five of those.

Duke lost two starters.

The players we lost would have played major minutes and helped our perimeter game, big time.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I love this: Duke and Stanford fans discussing/arguing on a UConn board. Inclusiveness is wonderful! :)

Reaction Score
I love this: Duke and Stanford fans discussing/arguing on a UConn board. Inclusiveness is wonderful! :)

LOl.

I could go about Joanne P's pressing at the end of the game when it was clearly over, or when Nneka was shooting a FT, (also when the game was over) when one of the Duke players moved in the lane and threw her lower body in to Nneka.

The camera showed Tara telling the ref that, "That's bull-----!"

But I won't. :)

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
The players we lost would have played major minutes and helped our perimeter game, big time.

Translation...they were not starters. And major minutes? Think that is stretching it for anyone besides Ruef.

Reaction Score
Translation...they were not starters. And major minutes? Think that is stretching it for anyone besides Ruef.

then you didn't see Camp play vs. UConn and score 14pts.

Reaction Score
Can you two do the play by play for tonight's game? You're very entertaining:)

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
then you didn't see Camp play vs. UConn and score 14pts.

One game. Seriously?

Danielle Crockrom dominated the paint in the WNBA/WCBA game back in 2002. And what happened to her?

Reaction Score
Cam, cry me a river about the injuries, it's a part of the game. Stanford has probably had 10 ACLs (and other season ending injuries) to your 1 or 2 in the last decade. And I won't even go into why Wells isn't playing.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Cam, cry me a river about the injuries, it's a part of the game. Stanford has probably had 10 ACLs (and other season ending injuries) to your 1 or 2 in the last decade. And I won't even go into why Wells isn't playing.

image-FF76_4F724F53.gif

CompSci87

Stanford fan
Reaction Score

As I said earlier, Camp was a starter when she was injured.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score

Really cardfan? From the same poster who ALWAYS brings up injuries every time there is a big loss or every time the 1998 tournament gets mentioned?

Reaction Score
Really cardfan? From the same poster who ALWAYS brings up injuries every time there is a big loss or every time the 1998 tournament gets mentioned?

yes, really. What I object to, which you know, is the media failing to mention the injuries to 2 Stanford starters, who were 1st and 3rd team AAs, days prior to the H game. They were both historic events, but they only mention the loss.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
yes, really. What I object to, which you know, is the media failing to mention the injuries to 2 Stanford starters, who were 1st and 3rd team AAs, days prior to the H game. They were both historic events, but they only mention the loss.

The record book records the loss, not the injuries. And this is after you just posted, "Cam, cry me a river about the injuries, it's a part of the game." That is my point.

Reaction Score
The record book records the loss, not the injuries. And this is after you just posted, "Cam, cry me a river about the injuries, it's a part of the game." That is my point.

My point was Stanford has had way more injuries than Duke, including many that affected our post season, beginning in '98 with Folkl/Nygard, followed by Susan King x2, Jamie Carey for good, JJ Hones x2, Mel Murphy, Ros Gold Onwude, Michelle Harrison, Appel, Kokenis last year and this yr with Camp, Green and Ruef. I'm sure there are others I forgot.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Except you use injuries as an excuse for Stanford, but claim injuries are a part of the game for everyone else.

Reaction Score
Except you use injuries as an excuse for Stanford, but claim injuries are a part of the game for everyone else.

not as excuse, just listing them. They are a part of the game, we just experienced them a lot more than Duke, and many teams.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Cam, cry me a river about the injuries, it's a part of the game. Stanford has probably had 10 ACLs (and other season ending injuries) to your 1 or 2 in the last decade. .

My point was Stanford has had way more injuries than Duke, including many that affected our post season, beginning in '98 with Folkl/Nygard, followed by Susan King x2, Jamie Carey for good, JJ Hones x2, Mel Murphy, Ros Gold Onwude, Michelle Harrison, Appel, Kokenis last year and this yr with Camp, Green and Ruef. I'm sure there are others I forgot.

Perhaps Stanford's problem is in their strength and conditioning program. Maybe yall should hire someone off of Duke's staff. :rolleyes:

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
You have to love It, an argument between a Cardinal and a Dookie on a UCONN board. Where else besides The Boneyard.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
You have to love It, an argument between a Cardinal and a Dookie on a UCONN board. Where else besides The Boneyard.

ESPN Board (from years ago)
Rebkell
Now, The Boneyard

The 1998 NCAA Tournament is always the hot button for Cardfan, just like the "Gail cannot coach" is a hot button for me.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Perhaps Stanford's problem is in their strength and conditioning program. Maybe yall should hire someone off of Duke's staff. :rolleyes:

They got Johnny Dawkins. That is enough. :)

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
hey, the Stanford men are in the NIT National Championship game. :)

And I am happy for Johnny. Stanford should be a PAC 13 favorite next year, especially if Wroten and others go pro.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Exactly when did UConn fans lose control of the Boneyard?? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc