UH...Stanford Duke Gamethread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UH...Stanford Duke Gamethread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
If it wasn't 8:34 I'd go to bed!!! and watch west coast feeds of Dancing etc. Dang nab it! May we not emulate this game tomorrow night.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Stanford is letting Duke take this game from them not unlike against A&M last season in the Final Four. The difference being Duke seems to lack the chutzpah to take it.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Stanford is letting Duke take this game from them not unlike against A&M last season in the Final Four. The difference being Duke seems to lack the chutzpah to take it.

As long as chutzpah is an acronym for criminey how us team zees practice as horrible...we can't win. Or "can't shoot" for short.

Or can't rebound. Did I mention Tinkle comes from my little state of Montana?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Holy Moley, triad, what an exercise in futility - Duke shooting layups.

image-D0C6_4F712955.gif

Reaction Score
I'm not going to lie. I am stunned at how far the gap is between the top teams and everyone else. Stanford has toyed with Duke the entire half. Stanford is so much more physical and tougher it's not even funny.

I hope it continues tomorrow.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Nneka is going to join a pretty elite company of ladies who have started in four Final Fours. Diana and Maya are the only UConn players to do this, though Tiff has her shot to join that sorority tomorrow. Who else? Tennessee made four straight Final Fours 2002-05, 1995-98, and 1986-89. Did anyone start on all four teams? Maybe Bridgette Gordon in 1986-89? I do't think there was any holdover in terms of starters between 1995 and 1998 for the LVs or 2002-05, but I could easily be wrong.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Yup that's what Duke needed a clear out rush to the hoop! Missed.

Reaction Score
The top seeds in this tournament look like basketball players. Everyone else so far has looked like girls.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Ah- Kayla Pedersen as well for Stanford- 2008-11

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Last loss for Stanford was UConn November 21 ...that was a useful commenton ESPN!;) On that note I pack it in. :) Go UConn - sleep well tonight women and may you me ASweet3781's "girls" on the floor tomorrow night!

Reaction Score
You have to give Duke credit for making it this far with all the injuries they've had. I don't think any other team had to endure that many this season.
If they can stay healthy, they will be a force to be reckoned with for the next few years.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
You have to give Duke credit for making it this far with all the injuries they've had. I don't think any other team had to endure that many this season.
If they can stay healthy, they will be a force to be reckoned with for the next few years.

True. Losing Wells (suspension) and Jackson (ACL) for the year hurt. Henson's injury hurt less, mainly depth in the post, but she was not being counted upon for many minutes going into the year.

Stanford turned Duke into a scorer, rather than a distributor/facilitator who could score. This is what Tennessee did to Alana Beard in the 2003 Final Four and what UConn did to Beard in the 2003 regular season game in Cameron. What changed in 2004, when Duke defeated UConn in Hartford, was that there was another player who could create her own shot - Monique Currie (who missed the 2003 games with an ACL injury).

This is where Alexis Jones will help next year and where Chloe Wells/Richa Jackson would have helped this year.

AboutWeston

Artiste Extraordinaire
Reaction Score
crap... excuse my language

TRIAD--

I thought that was a typo - I thought you meant "carp" (as in too much criticism of a fine Duke team doing its best even tho' the basket had a lid on it) :)

Sakibomb25

Yamasaki Let the Good Times Roll
Reaction Score
Stanford had to endure a lot of injuries this year. The Cardinal lost Jasmine Camp to a foot injury in December, Alex Green never got healthy after being injured as a senior in high school, and Mikaela Ruef is redshirting this year after suffering from plantar fascilitis. Not to mention, Sarah Boothe was out of commission for six weeks and Bonnie Samuelson just broke a finger on her left (non-shooting) hand.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Stanford had to endure a lot of injuries this year. The Cardinal lost Jasmine Camp to a foot injury in December, Alex Green never got healthy after being injured as a senior in high school, and Mikaela Ruef is redshirting this year after suffering from plantar fascilitis. Not to mention, Sarah Boothe was out of commission for six weeks and Bonnie Samuelson just broke a finger on her left (non-shooting) hand.

Did Camp start? Would Green have started? Would Ruef have started? Would Boothe have started? Samuelson? No to at least four, likely five of those.

Duke lost two starters.

CompSci87

Stanford fan
Reaction Score
Did Camp start? Would Green have started? Would Ruef have started? Would Boothe have started? Samuelson? No to at least four, likely five of those.

Duke lost two starters.

Camp was a starter at the time she was injured. Ruef was projected by some as a possible starter at the 3, but no one knows if that would have happened since she was injured right from the start of the year.

I don't think the OP was trying to argue that Stanford was hurt by injuries more than Duke was, just pointing out that Stanford had a lot of injuries too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom