Uh-oh, future opponents, Paige has a chip on her shoulder | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Uh-oh, future opponents, Paige has a chip on her shoulder

Reaction Score
I agree. What set Paige apart is her all around play, she is a great shot maker, best assist WOmen Basketball player I have watched, and tremendous motivator. That was freshman Paige, we have not seen that player, yes I remember the NCST game, since her injuries. That the Paige I hope we see this season.
I hope we see the Mature, Strong, and Altimate Team Leader Paige this year hoisting the National Championship Trophy and the Final Four MOP trophy on Sunday, April 7th, 2024 in Dallas for NC #12.

The regular season is all well and good, stats don't matter, other trophies don't matter... Get the one Trophy that matters to all of the Huskies who have had to experience and endure the past two years, and I hope many of the alumni from the Women's Basketball teams are able to attend, and enjoy the moment!

Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
Wow!! Paige underrated and Azzi overrated! Sure didn’t expect that!! Must be click bait!!!
I think Azzi is right where she should be, she was at least the 3rd best player last year when healthy. Paige should be higher undoubtedly, leave Azzi be

sun

Reaction Score
Van Lith seemed to play really well during crunch time last March.
We'll find out more if UConn ends up playing LSU when the rubber meets the road.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We'll find out more if UConn ends up playing LSU when the rubber meets the road.

Van Lith did play really well in the tournament and I give her a lot of credit for that. She is obviously a very good player but her game has some flaws.

Maybe an unfair gripe I have with her is that she doesn’t make her teammates better. As good as she could be on offense at Louisville, sometimes it seemed like she wasn’t on the same wavelength as her teammates and she’s not exactly a facilitator. We’ll see how she does at LSU.

For me it goes - Paige, CC, Azzi, Miles, and maybe boldly I will say Latson will emerge as #5.

I can see why people are holding out on Paige at #1 for now but that will change.

Reaction Score
5 tool talents? What are these 5 tools?

Tools and stats are different things. The is no stat for ball-handling or for passing, which are two obvious tools. Pts/game, assists. etc are stats, not tools. Shooting/scoring is a tool. Where is the stat for screening/playing without the ball? Those are also tools. Passing is another tool.

Baseball is much more suited to "tools". There is way more individual play that is easier to reduce to a stat. Catch a fly, hit a home run, steal a base. Basketball is much more complex.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Please stop with even incoming transfer speculation. The season hasn't even started and it's not fair to the player. Wait until the season is over.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Paige really didn't say she had a chip on her shoulder, that was the interviewer question. What Paige said is true that you always have something to prove when you take the court and she plays like she really believes that. The thing that separates her and Caitlin Clark are they both can hit any shot when it matters the most.

Now about the list. Hailey Van Lith is a good player but she won't get drafted into the WNBA and stick. There are three or four on the list that not only will stick but have a shot at Hall of Fame type careers. I would add that dropping a person like Paige or Miles down the list because of injury is a bad argument, do you think any team will draft Hailey Van Lith in front of either of them?

sun

Reaction Score
Van Lith will be playing 2 more years for LSU & by then the WNBA should have 2 new expansion teams.
Van Lith has 2 years to either improve or not improve.
A lot of players will be on the bubble regarding whether they will stick in the WNBA.
I don't see the value of a controversial list tweeted by a non-reputable source.
As far as Miles goes, look at Christyn Williams who still isn't playing the 2nd season after her knee surgery.
Perhaps Miles shouldn't even be on the list since she's out of action & rehabbing without any reports on the extent of her surgery or return.
Part of being a player's value is being available to play which means that teams may give some weight to a player's injury history.

Van Lith leads the team with 19.2 points per game, is second with 3.2 assists per game and third with 4.8 rebounds per game. She is one of two Power Five players (Caitlin Clark) who has averaged at least 19 points, four rebounds and three assists per game this season. Recently she was named first team All-ACC for the second-straight season, ACC first team All-Tournament and a Drysdale Award Finalist for best shooting guard in the country.

Louisville's Hailey Van Lith Receives AP All-American Honorable Mention

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Van Lith will be playing 2 more years for LSU & by then the WNBA should have 2 new expansion teams.
Van Lith has 2 years to either improve or not improve.
A lot of players will be on the bubble regarding whether they will stick in the WNBA.
I don't see the value of a controversial list tweeted by a non-reputable source.
As far as Miles goes, look at Christyn Williams who still isn't playing the 2nd season after her knee surgery.
Perhaps Miles shouldn't even be on the list since she's out of action & rehabbing without any reports on the extent of her surgery or return.
Part of being a player's value is being available to play which means that teams may give some weight to a player's injury history.

Van Lith leads the team with 19.2 points per game, is second with 3.2 assists per game and third with 4.8 rebounds per game. She is one of two Power Five players (Caitlin Clark) who has averaged at least 19 points, four rebounds and three assists per game this season. Recently she was named first team All-ACC for the second-straight season, ACC first team All-Tournament and a Drysdale Award Finalist for best shooting guard in the country.

Louisville's Hailey Van Lith Receives AP All-American Honorable Mention

Did she say this?

sun

Reaction Score
Did she say this?
I don't know if she did or not.
But common sense points to her wanting to learn more about how to play NC BB & LSU is a hotbed for NIL money.
Why would a bubble player with eligibility want to go to the WNBA before being ready & the WNBA expansion?
Plus her grad studies may require more than 1 year.
I can't imagine Kim sending her away since she's an asset to the LSU program & can help draw fans & recruits.
An extra covid year is a once in a lifetime golden $$$$ opportunity for players like Van Lith.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don't know if she did or not.
But common sense points to her wanting to learn more about how to play NC BB & LSU is a hotbed for NIL money.
Why would a bubble player with eligibility want to go to the WNBA before being ready & the WNBA expansion?
Plus her grad studies may require more than 1 year.
I can't imagine Kim sending her away since she's an asset to the LSU program & can help draw fans & recruits.
An extra covid year is a once in a lifetime golden $$$$ opportunity for players like Van Lith.

If Van Lith is going to make a W roster she has to become an outstanding shooter and that isn't going to happen at LSU either this or next season. There aren't enough balls. Her size is her problem. Her effectiveness diminished when she went from HS to college and will continue to diminish in the W.

sun

Reaction Score
If Van Lith is going to make a W roster she has to become an outstanding shooter and that isn't going to happen at LSU either this or next season. There aren't enough balls. Her size is her problem. Her effectiveness diminished when she went from HS to college and will continue to diminish in the W.
I don't know how she keeps getting selected for the USA 3X3 team that won gold in 2023.
You'd think that Team USA could find a better player.
She must have some lucky rabbit's feet.

Reaction Score
I don't know how she keeps getting selected for the USA 3X3 team that won gold in 2023.
You'd think that Team USA could find a better player.
She must have some lucky rabbit's feet.

I'm on the Hailey Van Lith bandwagon. I know it's a very competitive league but I'm quite sure she'll make a WNBA roster. She's sort've Dana Evans protege (similar small guard out of Louisville), and Evans has carved out a career for herself. There are also other small guards in the W that may be a bit more athletic but I don't necessarily think they are better basketball players. Hailey Van Lith is listed at 5'7, which is two inches taller than Crystal Dangerfield, and the same height as Destanni Henderson and Shay Peddy. She's offensively gifted, and has her own sort've of explosiveness which allows her to create separation and get off shots. I think her success in 3v3 is kind of a testament to that. I get ppl don't like small guards who shoot a lot, but I think this is the perfect opportunity for her to be more efficient. She may never be a distributor but if she can simply run the offense and not lose the ability to score, I think she'll be a good player.

Reaction Score
Olivia Miles is better than Hailey Van Lith. Dejan Kelly to high but is a terrific player

Reaction Score
I'd Take Nika over about half that list.
I don't know bout that. If she can shoot that changes alot but that is affecting her game and she still not a top 10 pg in WBB

Reaction Score

Or we'll see Pagie back at #1 if LSU ends up playing Uconn

Reaction Score
I don't know bout that. If she can shoot that changes alot but that is affecting her game and she still not a top 10 pg in WBB
She shoots over 7 points per game, that plenty for someone who also averages over 7 assists per game. Her leadership and tenacious defense over shadows her lack of points.

Reaction Score
Yea you have a point with her leadership and passion of playing hard I like her toughness on D

Reaction Score
She shoots over 7 points per game, that plenty for someone who also averages over 7 assists per game. Her leadership and tenacious defense over shadows her lack of points.
I think 7 points is adequate for her on the current UConn team. But I thought this thread was about Paige.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom