Uh-oh, future opponents, Paige has a chip on her shoulder | The Boneyard

Uh-oh, future opponents, Paige has a chip on her shoulder

Reaction Score
After what she has endured, that chip should be as big as a 2x4.

The quote from Kobe Bryant is interesting. He really spoke to a lot of these highly motivated young women about what it takes to be great.
Joe DiMaggio had the original quote when asked, " why do you always play as if it's your last game?"
His reply, " Because there's always a fan that hasn't ever seen Joe DiMaggio play before an I don't want them to leave with the wrong impression!"

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

Uh-oh, future opponents, Paige has a chip on her shoulder​

Oh geez. I hope that doesn't affect her shooting. I hope she won't need surgery on that shoulder. Geez it's always something. If it's not one thing, it's another.

Oh wait,

nevermind-rosananadana.gif

Reaction Score
Some random guy gets on his laptop using the free Wi-Fi at McDonald’s and throws out a list and people take it seriously and lose their minds. Beautiful. :p
And I suspect that's exactly what this is..........but it still burns me!

Ah, the "joy" of internet. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score

Playing devil's advocate, I think it's a somewhat fair list if you are factoring in injuries. I'm not sure if it was all that intentional but maybe this is the distinction between top guards "entering" the season vs projecting who will be the top guard by season's end. Even Olivia Miles at 6 seems super low. So recency bias may be intentional. Im a lot higher on Hailey Van Lith than many on this board. She is coming off a season averaging 20 pts 4 rebounds and 3 assist, while leading a team to the elite 8. UConn, despite being a lot more talented made the sweet 16. I do expect Paige to atleast be second on the list by season's end. I like what Paige had to say, she wasn't talking too crazy like I'm going to come back and dominate. That's the type of thing that drove Geno to have that classic quote this summer about winning games

Reaction Score
So that means she hasn't given her all against us in the past. I guess shoulder chips are how sports folk justify the concept of "giving 110%."

Just playing with the concept folks. Paige has always given EVERYTHING she has against competitive opponents.
Yeah, tbh I get it. It's kinda like A Boston missing the tip in, during the 21 season and how she responded in 22. Or even her getting cut from the world cup team and then following up with season she had. It's not necessarily that she didn't work hard B4 or wasn't motivated but it's just a different energy and perspective u have having been through those things. Conviction, disappointment, are things we wrestle with and evolve from.

Reaction Score
So that means she hasn't given her all against us in the past. I guess shoulder chips are how sports folk justify the concept of "giving 110%."

Just playing with the concept folks. Paige has always given EVERYTHING she has against competitive opponents.

I think the shoulder chip is based on people underestimating her return

Reaction Score
They are foolish if they underestimate her. A less than 100% healthy Paige took y’all to the championship game and she gave 100.% of what she had in that game.

I'm not disagreeing at all. But everyone is saying "she hasn't been healthy in 2 years".

sun

Reaction Score
5 tool talents? What are these 5 tools?
What is a 5 tool basketball player?

“Five-Tool” players=Players who led their teams in scoring, rebounding, assists, steals and blocked shots;

“Multiple-Tool” players=players who led their teams in scoring, rebounding and assists before the NBA and ABA began recording steals and blocked shots (1973-74 for NBA players; 1972-73 for ABA players).

Pro Basketball's 5 Tool Players

Reaction Score
What is a 5 tool basketball player?

“Five-Tool” players=Players who led their teams in scoring, rebounding, assists, steals and blocked shots;

“Multiple-Tool” players=players who led their teams in scoring, rebounding and assists before the NBA and ABA began recording steals and blocked shots (1973-74 for NBA players; 1972-73 for ABA players).

Pro Basketball's 5 Tool Players

Thanks. In that case, neither Paige nor Caitlin are 5 tool players. Caitlin is not a good defensive player and Paige, while better, is not a threat to block a lot of shots.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom