Uh-Oh: EDD Put A Foot In It | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Uh-Oh: EDD Put A Foot In It

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
we all brag about kids... that aren't even ours :rolleyes:

I'm happy for any kid that gets drafted into the NBA or WNBA (Chong).

you got a problem with Dad that's fine... but the kid hasn't said a damn thing.

would it be nice if Lebron said EDD should blow out of her new sneaker.

I think you're being naive. The "kid" is 19-year-old adult. He could easily tell his dad to go away and not associate with him. He is complicit in the sideshow because it gets him attention but his dad comes off as the bad guy.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I loved it but I was disappointed to see her backtrack so much. I wanted to see her really do a heel turn and start spitting truth on twitter.

Also this:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I think you're being naive. The "kid" is 19-year-old adult. He could easily tell his dad to go away and not associate with him. He is complicit in the sideshow because it gets him attention but his dad comes off as the bad guy.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I loved it but I was disappointed to see her backtrack so much. I wanted to see her really do a heel turn and start spitting truth on twitter.

Also this:

I'm sorry, who is disrespecting EDD? Not being a fan of women's basketball is not a sign of disrespect. I prefer women's basketball to men's basketball but that doesn't mean I disrespect the men.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

Also this:

La China apparently thinks she is a lot smarter and revered that she really is. I rank her opinion right up there with...well, let's not go there.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I'm sorry, who is disrespecting EDD? Not being a fan of women's basketball is not a sign of disrespect. I prefer women's basketball to men's basketball but that doesn't mean I disrespect the men.

Go on to any tweet from ESPN about the WNBA from and you will see dozens of "go back to the kitchen" comments.

It's not just people who not being fans of women's basketball. It's people going out of their way to trash women's basketball and make misogynistic comments.

You have to be willfully ignorant to be a fan of women's basketball and not have run across that kind of troll.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Both shoes are overpriced..... neither are pleasing to the eye .... though his would look alot better if they had a Nike Swoosh on the side

Well, they are overpriced in that Nike is still making on an insane margin on an $85 shoe but they are market priced compared to all the other major shoe manufacturers.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Im not being anything... its the American way. Nice to see dad being a hype man to his son... it has us talking about so its working.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Go on to any tweet from ESPN about the WNBA from and you will see dozens of "go back to the kitchen" comments.

It's not just people who not being fans of women's basketball. It's people going out of their way to trash women's basketball and make misogynistic comments.

You have to be willfully ignorant to be a fan of women's basketball and not have run across that kind of troll.
from whom... NBA players?

We are talking about Pro Athletes and their sneakers... not the fans and their silly comments

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Well, they are overpriced in that Nike is still making on an insane margin on an $85 shoe but they are market priced compared to all the other major shoe manufacturers.
had to start somewhere... just like the Ball shoe

big-baller-brand-lonzo-ball-autographed-shoes-3.jpg

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Im not being anything... its the American way. Nice to see dad being a hype man to his son... it has us talking about so its working.

Yeah, it's working but don't act like Lonzo doesn't know exactly what he's doing. The "don't blame Lonzo for what his dad does" argument is weak.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
from whom... NBA players?

We are talking about Pro Athletes and their sneakers... not the fans and their silly comments

That was in reference to Lachina's tweet that I posted earlier in the thread. The point is that the second EDD dared to poke fun at a male athlete she got hammered in her replies. There was a lot of "how dare you wish ill on a kid?" Yet the morality police are curiously absent when women's basketball players are mocked on social media for no other reasons then being women and playing basketball.

This is separate and apart from other conversations in the thread. I just liked LaChina's take and posted it (I didn't bother check with ETT first as to whether Lachina was an approved journalist).

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score

Actually, a 19 year old can not shut their parents up. All 3 of those kids are nice, well-mannered kids, with a father that just so happens to be quite a bit yappy. It's not like their troubled kids.

What's even more hilarious is all the people that have believed his father was serious. He was doing nothing more than hyping his son up and getting his name out there. This is how the big dollars come. Name recognition drives the high dollar endorsements. It's called marketing. I've always thought this and even before this article. Just think, obviously it works, because more people know the name of the #2 pick than they do the #1 pick.

"But when the Lakers came to his house, LaVar broke character — or caricature — and said the one thing professional hype masters never reveal.

"'He just said it's marketing,' Johnson says. 'That's what he had to do to market not only his son but the brand. Before I met him I had already thought that. I already knew what he was doing.'

"But hearing it straight from LaVar's mouth helped put Johnson and Pelinka at ease.

"As Johnson recalls, 'He said, "Earvin, look, I'm not following my son. I'm not going to be hanging out in L.A. I'm going to be training these young kids [his other sons].'""

Additionally, LaVar told Shelburne that he told Johnson that Lonzo was in Johnson's hands now.

"'As far as training my boy, this is as far as I can take him,' LaVar says he told Johnson. 'I'll leave it up to you to take him further. You can get him better with the film time and the coaching. You can take him to another level.'"

"'I trust you with my boy. I just got a great feeling that you guys are going to take Zo to a whole other level.'"

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Actually, a 19 year old can not shut their parents up.

He can't shut him up. But he doesn't have to parade around with him either.

Yes, I know Lavar just says wild stuff to get attention. For all I know, Lonzo is a great guy. He's also in on this cynical ploy to build his "brand" through the nonsense his dad spouts.

As a consumer of sports media, it is hard to avoid the nonsense. Therefore, I dislike Lonzo because I have to hear the nonsense spouted by his dad in his capacity as unofficial hype man.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
You can hype your kid without bad mouthing some of the greats in the profession in the process. LaVar acts like back in the day he was a force to be reckoned with. He never played a pro game in his basketball life. The closest he got was as a practice squad member for 2 NFL teams. If you look at the color pieces done on LaVar the consistent message was that he was always a loud mouth spewing nonsense. Anyone saying he's just a dad is being too kind.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
He can't shut him up. But he doesn't have to parade around with him either.

Yes, I know Lavar just says wild stuff to get attention. For all I know, Lonzo is a great guy. He's also in on this cynical ploy to build his "brand" through the nonsense his dad spouts.

As a consumer of sports media, it is hard to avoid the nonsense. Therefore, I dislike Lonzo because I have to hear the nonsense spouted by his dad in his capacity as unofficial hype man.
but its ok for Muffett to say Allen is the best PG in the country lol

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
You can hype your kid without bad mouthing some of the greats in the profession in the process. LaVar acts like back in the day he was a force to be reckoned with. He never played a pro game in his basketball life. The closest he got was as a practice squad member for 2 NFL teams. If you look at the color pieces done on LaVar the consistent message was that he was always a loud mouth spewing nonsense. Anyone saying he's just a dad is being too kind.
glad to know he has your attention... something is working

Reaction Score
Its far easier for DelDonne to achieve those things than Ball. WNBA has 12 teams..... the NBA has 30.... much much much deeper pool of talent to beat out in terms of making a men's olympic team as opposed to the women's. et al.....
\
AND BESIDES-----they are Women!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom