Uh-Oh: EDD Put A Foot In It | The Boneyard

Uh-Oh: EDD Put A Foot In It

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
This is a nothing burger, but on social media you never know:

WNBA star feels social media sting after Lonzo Ball tweet

"She was having a little fun watching Lakers rookie Lonzo Ball and his $495 shoe when Los Angeles played its first summer league game.

She tweeted out "How great would it be if (Lonzo Ball) blewout his shoe in his first summer league game? Should have gone with @Nike."

Clearly it was a joke, but the Laker faithful have grabbed on to Lonzo with a vengeance. Did you hear Lonzo's family got their own elevated seating area for the game. This to watch 2-15 shooting. early days.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I didn't think it was horrible by Elena, but I do think it was dumb to tweet it. Even jokingly, wishing someone she barely knows bad luck is poor form.

LeVar is one of the most annoying people I'm aware of. Being a supportive parent is good. He's taken to a level of extreme obnoxiousness.

Reaction Score
This is a nothing burger, but on social media you never know:

WNBA star feels social media sting after Lonzo Ball tweet

"She was having a little fun watching Lakers rookie Lonzo Ball and his $495 shoe when Los Angeles played its first summer league game.

She tweeted out "How great would it be if (Lonzo Ball) blewout his shoe in his first summer league game? Should have gone with @Nike."

Clearly it was a joke, but the Laker faithful have grabbed on to Lonzo with a vengeance. Did you hear Lonzo's family got their own elevated seating area for the game. This to watch 2-15 shooting. early days.

Modern, internet driven, selective word or incident picking ---then making something from nothing--and the real media picks it up--to make it REAL. I hope EDD escapes any backlash.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
tenor.gif

Reaction Score
Personally....I'm glad some professional athletes are engaging in a bit of sniping. The father and son have not accomplished a thing relative to the great players the father compares his son to. The son has done little to shut his father up so he is not blameless. IMO , the father/son are incredibly disrespectful to to the great players who paved the way for their great economic success. There is no shame in not wishing them well.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
Why say ANYTHING?......If no one is bothering you.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
The son was a top 3-5 pick so he must be somewhat good

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Lonzo Ball = Alex Iverson? With a "Newbie" like dad instead of an Ann Iverson mom?
Allen Iverson... AI is a legend who proved himself on all levels. Ann is no worse than Flo Allen, Wanda Durant or Katherine Moore

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
She hopes he blows out his shoe and this is controversial? We're talking about shoes here. SNEAKERS! If worse came to worse Bell would just put on his alternate pair of $500 SNEAKERS. People need to get a grip.

Nevertheless in watching Bell's game it looks to me as if he'll be lucky to to be an alternate at an All Star game. The kid looks nice but not upper echelon nice. He's got great floor awareness, has a deceptive pass off the dribble and good quickness. But he's no burner, his jumper is suspect, he's an average finisher around the hoop and his leadership skills are questionable. He's going have trouble on defense even against guys his size. Time will tell, and it's a good thing that he's no checkmeout showboat. Unfortunately the league is full of guys wanting to shut his daddy up.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Too bad is making him a target... hopefully Earvin can keep his hand over his mouth

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
She hopes he blows out his shoe and this is controversial? We're talking about shoes here. SNEAKERS! If worse came to worse Bell would just put on his alternate pair of $500 SNEAKERS. People need to get a grip.

Nevertheless in watching Bell's game it looks to me as if he'll be lucky to to be an alternate at an All Star game. The kid looks nice but not upper echelon nice. He's got great floor awareness, has a deceptive pass off the dribble and good quickness. But he's no burner, his jumper is suspect, he's an average finisher around the hoop and his leadership skills are questionable. He's going have trouble on defense even against guys his size. Time will tell, and it's a good thing that he's no checkmeout showboat. Unfortunately the league is full of guys wanting to shut his daddy u
p.

All this after two summer league games?? Lets revisit this in about five years, shall we ??

Reaction Score
The son was a top 3-5 pick so he must be somewhat good
After 2 games, appears she got her wish. One of worst shooters in summer leagues. 2 for 15 first game and even though he got 11 rebounds and 11 assists 2nd game, his shooting was again abysmal. Blame the father for the focus, not EDD.

Reaction Score
All this after two summer league games?? Lets revisit this in about five years, shall we ??

Ball made 9 mid-range shots (non-layup- not a 3) in his one college season. I think it is safe to say he is mediocre shooter.

He is a good passer, but has a long way to go - ESPN announcers were in awe of a simple pass to a player open by 20 feet for a lay-up. And one spoke of Ball's "special" double double when he had 9 assists and 9 rebounds ?????

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Seldom has so much been written about so little. When all is said and done 'public EDD' will be less outgoing, less willing to engage, less herself and the fans of OUR GAME will lose some little bit of what makes the W special.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Lavar and his sons slide right into page 3 of the NBA's current play book. The focus stopped being basketball quite a while ago. It's all about the "chat" (polite term) around the game, whether it be James steamed about the most recent perceived slight to his majesty, Phil's last tweet about one of his players, or the longs, slowest retirement in the history of the NBA (KB's). And in LA, it is all about the buzz, and Lonzo, becuz of dad, is buzz.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
we all brag about kids... that aren't even ours :rolleyes:

I'm happy for any kid that gets drafted into the NBA or WNBA (Chong).

you got a problem with Dad that's fine... but the kid hasn't said a damn thing.

would it be nice if Lebron said EDD should blow out of her new sneaker.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
I thought it was kind of funny. She wasn't wishing harm on him, just repping her brand. Professional athletes rib each other all the time - look at what Durant tweeted about his newest teammate, Nick Young.

Also, Ball should be so lucky to have the career EDD has had! League MVP, Olympic team member, etc.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I thought it was kind of funny. She wasn't wishing harm on him, just repping her brand. Professional athletes rib each other all the time - look at what Durant tweeted about his newest teammate, Nick Young.

Also, Ball should be so lucky to have the career EDD has had! League MVP, Olympic team member, etc.
his first year check may cover EDD's WNBA career paychecks smh

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Its far easier for DelDonne to achieve those things than Ball. WNBA has 12 teams..... the NBA has 30.... much much much deeper pool of talent to beat out in terms of making a men's olympic team as opposed to the women's...... et al.....

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Saw some NCAA action as well. Nothing done in the summer league changed my opinion. Take heart though. I ain't the first to say this stuff about him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom