UH Donor "Better than 50%" | The Boneyard

UH Donor "Better than 50%"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The take Inget from that article is someone who is hoping/wishing EXTREMELY hard...

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
So, if Houston was 99% of the way to making it to a P5 conference and doesn't get in, is he right?

I think better than 50%. Lots of wiggle room there.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Better than 50%? So either they will ...or they won't...but I think they will...maybe.

Reaction Score
It is Texas...so what a program does is threaten to get the legislature involved....it seemed to work in the past...

But does the Big 12 really need five Texas teams?

Reaction Score
O'Leary and the UCF leadership were pretty vocal about their landing in the Big 12.

Maybe this guy should ask them how it's working out.

Reaction Score
Major conference, as in the AAC. I'm thinking Power conference is more like Colonel.

Reaction Score
It is Texas...so what a program does is threaten to get the legislature involved....it seemed to work in the past...

But does the Big 12 really need five Texas teams?
Sure. Texas is larger population-wise than Washington, Oregon, and Arizona combined, which have a total of 6.
And more than twice as big as NC which has 4 alone.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Houston? This has to be a pure political move by Texas legislatures to get them a piece of the pie, while the B12's portion remains. Because I don't see how Houston can be considered some sort of huge football "get" when their stadium has looked an awful a lot like ours in the past few seasons.

920x920.jpg

Reaction Score
We are NOT a candidate for B12, period. What happens there, while it might be frustrating or worse for UConn fans, has no bearing on our plans - which are clearly focused on a conference that is slightly north and east of the B12 footprint.

Besides, I remain convinced the addition of a commuter, city school will simply force the hand of the only 2 schools that matter in the B12.

Reaction Score
We are NOT a candidate for B12, period. What happens there, while it might be frustrating or worse for UConn fans, has no bearing on our plans - which are clearly focused on a conference that is slightly north and east of the B12 footprint.

Besides, I remain convinced the addition of a commuter, city school will simply force the hand of the only 2 schools that matter in the B12.

Agreed. They are kicking the can down the road here. Nobody in the G5 is good enough to add to keep Oklahoma happy, especially if it's another Texas school that will be a UT lackey.

Oklahoma bolts to the SEC or B1G, Texas is out the door to the Pac-12 and the entire conference becomes a slightly better version of The American.

Reaction Score
Houston? This has to be a pure political move by Texas legislatures to get them a piece of the pie, while the B12's portion remains. Because I don't see how Houston can be considered some sort of huge football "get" when their stadium has looked an awful a lot like ours in the past few seasons.

920x920.jpg
That's a brand new stadium too right? Shows you how the Houston faithful are if they are 5-0 with a new stadium and they're playing for marginal crouds.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
One of the major issues with the SWC (along with the pervasive cheating) was that too much of the conference was based in Texas (once Arkansas left it became the entire conference). Beyond UT and A&M, (both schools had a large presence throughout the state) no school had much of a presence beyond their location and was likely also behind both UT and A&M in their home.

Added to this is that UT still believes that they are the only school that matters anywhere in the state and would not want to be party to anything that may allow another Texas school the opportunity to grow (the addition of TCU was something they had to grudgingly accept as their flirtation with the then P-12 left the B-12 scrambling to find replacements for A&M and Missouri). If the B-12 were to add another Texas school it would likely be due to UT planning their exit.

Reaction Score
OU has eyes on the Pacific. It is not interested in being the western outpost of a conference it's alumni/fans neither come from or retire to. There is a real draw west. I see their options in order of preference to be P12, BIG, then SEC

Reaction Score
Because I don't see how Houston can be considered some sort of huge football "get" when their stadium has looked an awful a lot like ours in the past few seasons.

920x920.jpg
Which game - time left in game?

Wish we had a billionaire sugar daddy (or bunches of millionaire sugar daddys):D

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
If the B12 brought Houston on board, they'd be sealing their own fate. There is zero benefit to another Texas team. Zero. Actually, I'm wrong - it would have a negative drain on the conference.

Reaction Score
If the B12 brought Houston on board, they'd be sealing their own fate. There is zero benefit to another Texas team. Zero. Actually, I'm wrong - it would have a negative drain on the conference.

Agree, if Houston is added, Oklahoma is heading for the door likely taking OK State along with Kansas following close behind. While Texas politicians may not have a problem with a Republic of Texas only conference, U Texas would be significantly hurt and would have follow suit.

So, who goes where?

Texas: B1G or PAC. I can't see A&M wanting to be under the Austin's thumb again int he SEC. Thus, if Texas can agree to share and if it can be separated from Texas Tech politically, Texas will go to the B1G as it has the highest revenue (sport and academic) upside. If they can't share and/or Texas Tech has to go along for the ride, its the PAC.

Texas Tech: With or without Texas, they will go to the PAC.

Oklahoma & OK State: Ideally, the Sooners go to the B1G and T. Boone Pickens greasing OK State's path into the SEC. If the two have to be paired, its the PAC.

Kansas & K State: If Kansas if it has to be paired with K State, they too are going to the PAC. Otherwise, Kansas is going to the B1G and K St either goes to the PAC on its own or is left behind.

Iowa St: Left behind as they simply offer nothing new to the existing conference in the area (B1G) and with a flat population, no other Power conference is going to want to expand there.

West Virginia: Likely ACC as Pitt and Louisville would likely support their addition due to historical rivalries (old Metro Conference) along with Cincinnati shoudl the Bearcats be added to the ACC at the same time. There is a slight chance they go tot he SEC to fill in a hole, say Missouri jumps to the B1G, and the SEC believes that W Virginia is the closest they can get tot eh DC market should efforts to attract UVA and/or V Tech fail.

Baylor & TCU: I think there is a possibility that the strongest of the two gets into the SEC (assuming U Texas does not) as having 2 members in a market the size of Texas makes sense and the addition of Baylor or TCU would not threaten A&M or the other SEC members as U Texas would. The 'loser' may go to the PAC with Texas Tech or be left out.

Reaction Score
I don't think WVU has any shot at the ACC. They do not do much for a future network (they have some stake in the Pittsburgh market, but that's already covered by PITT, the whole state of WVU is tiny) and their academics are abysmal compared to ACC schools.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I don't think WVU has any shot at the ACC. They do not do much for a future network (they have some stake in the Pittsburgh market, but that's already covered by PITT, the whole state of WVU is tiny) and their academics are abysmal compared to ACC schools.
...excepting Louisville, of course.

Reaction Score
It's probably true because it's not UConn and it's a school that has earned nothing

P5 material for sure.
Has earned nothing? They have had a Heisman winner, and had some GREAT teams. By comparison what have we "earned"? They've been playing FBS a lot longer than we have.

Reaction Score
Has earned nothing? They have had a Heisman winner, and had some GREAT teams. By comparison what have we "earned"? They've been playing FBS a lot longer than we have.
A) Who cares about a single heisman trophy almost 30 years ago

B) Does this really impress you?

Untitled_zpsbzceyzde.png

And they suck at basketball.

But yeah Houston's great though good luck to them

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Please spare us from any comments re: the academic standing of the ACC. They took Louisville - remember? They obviously don't give a * about academics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlueWolf25

Top Bottom