Ugly, gutty, gritty win | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Ugly, gutty, gritty win

Status
Not open for further replies.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Bezzz said:
Inside joke going way back...had to be there. Tip 'o the hat to Fishy.

Actually is nyhuskyfan err...I mean Gurleyman who is the plucky gritty originator. Hilarious. Cuse fans melting down all over the place.

Reaction Score
August_West said:
Actually is nyhuskyfan err...I mean Gurleyman who is the plucky gritty originator. Hilarious. Cuse fans melting down all over the place.

Ah, memories. The sarcasm font would have come in handy - although I thought it was patently obvious when I said something like "I think they'll win a game or two before it's all said and done and surprise some teams".

It's 12 years later and it's still a thing. Cracks me up.

Reaction Score
the defensive was simply elite. ollie called it the best he's seen at uconn. Purvis completely flipped the switch as did calhoun on that end. BUT damn boatright had some PHENOMENAL possessions vs their stud shooter. stuck to him like white on rice, incredible. this team still has incredible upside

Reaction Score
James said:
the defensive was simply elite. ollie called it the best he's seen at uconn. Purvis completely flipped the switch as did calhoun on that end. BUT damn boatright had some PHENOMENAL possessions vs their stud shooter. stuck to him like white on rice, incredible. this team still has incredible upside

With 10 minutes to go, I chalked it up to our second bad game defensively in the halfcourt this season. Right after I posted, we flipped the switch and were awesome down the stretch. It was pretty remarkable how good we looked late.

Reaction Score
Florida went over 11 minutes in the second half without committing a foul. UCONN was called for 8 in that stretch while out scoring Florida 18-4. I think that's pretty plucky.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Has anyone else mentioned how early in the second half UCONN got down to 1 timeout left and how Florida exhausted its timeouts first?

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
I don't think so^ but that was impressive.

Reaction Score
Heck, they won against Florida in the semi's last April by playing lockdown D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom