Ugh, getting old...Congrats UConn | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Ugh, getting old...Congrats UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Thanks Memphis. You've been a class act.

Most of us have been mourning not having the tournament at MSG where we we had history and where we could sneak in easily and catch some games. But looking at your venue, your town, I think it would be great to get their for a tournament. (Not convenient, but great).

Reaction Score
Tell all of your Memphis fan friends to root for us the next two nights against Cincinnati and (hopefully) Louisville.

Congrats Ucon fans from a tired and demoralized Tiger fan. Your crew is too tough for us and Napier too smart. His stats weren't as good as last time, but every time he drove, he took defenders with him and then dished to the open man. Your 3pt shooting was on fire and we had no answer. Play the same way with the same ball movement, and this tournament is yours for the taking.

P.s. Met a few of you downtown and enjoyed the conversation. Hope you all enjoy your stay.

Reaction Score
Thanks for being classy as always - this board could use more visiting fans like yourself (we're kind of on an island here). Matchups, like effort and execution, are a big part of winning, and UConn matches up great against UM apparently (Against UofL and SMU, not so much). Good luck in the big dance.

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
You guys STILL can't miss, lol...enjoy your time in Memphis and win the tourney. I'm going to find something to drink!

Til next time!
I gotta tell you I really like your coach!

He reminds me of Joal Olstean!

Reaction Score
This guy is one of the top fans of opposing teams to visit the board. I'm going to put him up there with Senore and maybe just a half notch below Beakum. Whatever happened to him?

Reaction Score
Always happy to have you here, UofMemphis. Very classy.

When you play us, I root for you go down in a flaming heap. But we'll be rooting for you (and the other AAC teams) in the NCAA's to represent The American out there and show everyone we play some pretty good hoops out here.

Except for Louisville. They can blow me.

Reaction Score
Can you tell Ollie how to beat UofL?

KO should send a dinner reservation to Pitino for 2 at the same time the game tips off. Just hope the restaurant has lots of disinfectant on hand.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Its been nice to have classy Memphis fans that have posted here.

UofMemphis - Will Memphis fans show up to watch the rest of the Tourny? Will they root against Cincy and LVille? I heard it wasn't near capacity last night - only 13K or so, so wondering if the turnout will be low now.

Reaction Score
I was really surprised at the lack of turnout myself. We normally sell out the stadium for big games. Last night you would have expected between our own fans and a few thousand from other schools, that would have been no problem. However, the top section (that you never see on tv, was not even near half full). In the past Loserville and Cincy used to travel very well and generally brought several thousand fans a piece. This year, Loserville definitely brought the most fans, but not near as many as they used to. I would guess they had 1,000 to 1,500 fans. Cincy probably 300-500. UConn probably brought 200 or so. And I am guessing either the lateness of the game or the weeknight game kept fans at home. I am on vacation this week, but wife was with me (as was our five year old) and getting home at midnight to get up at 5 is going to haunt her all day (which means I get haunted by it tonight when she gets home :-( ).

I married into this Memphis family and while they absolutely loathe Loserville and really don't care much for Cincy, they were so disappointed with our play last night, everyone in our box said they weren't planning on going to any more of the games. Hopefully cooler heads apply this morning, but I wouldn't be surprised if many Memphis fans felt like that. So a bit concerened about the turnout for the remainder of the games.

Reaction Score
I am surprised at the lack of turnout, too. Horrible attendance. But one thing has been settled. Not bad basketball conference. Quite impressive, actually.

Somehow, the (original) Big East/AAC holds up very well. I cannot deny I am amazed at how this season went for the conference. I really hope Larry Brown stays at SMU as long as we are in the AAC. We need his presence to help the conference. SMU seems to be aiming to be a basketball school.

Reaction Score
Ok, tonight has been better than I thought it would be. Nothing compared to if Memphis was still in tourney, but the crowd has been around 6,000 for the night. Not a horrible turnout at least.

Reaction Score
6,000 oh holy hell please tell me that's way inaccurate. I think that the MEAC tourney gets more attendance than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom