UEFA Euro Championship 2024 | Page 8 | The Boneyard

UEFA Euro Championship 2024

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Bellingham simply did not have enough touches during this entire tournament.
Foden is a solid player, but he does too many head scratching things that annoys the hell out of me.
Pickford may be small in stature, but he is an extremely solid keeper and has been for a while.
Not sure what Rice really brings to the national team at this point.
I feel that the England tradition of awarding older players with starting spots on the roster has to change. The EPL feeder system has so many young talented players, yet it seems that the powers to be would rather rely on the old standbys vs youth. Harry Kane has been hiding an injury but his days of the #1 option/target up front needs to be relooked.
I'm a huge Three Lions fan and Spain is a very strong side, but I feel that England should have won the final yesterday. The officiating got uneven as the game progressed, Saka was physically beaten and Cucurella is pure punk. However, that being said, not tickling the onion bag net on those late match headers is crazy. Spain winning 7 of 7 speaks volumes. Congrats La Roja

Reaction Score
Looks like we'll get another Finalissima between Spain and Arg next summer

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
Spain winning 7 of 7 speaks volumes.
Just like Italy for the Euro 2020...of course then wheels fall off for the national team and they failed to qualify for the World Cup. Spain doesn't seem so much to have superstars as much as it has depth and solid play. Hell, 17 year old Yamal had great shots on goal in yesterday's game.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Just like Italy for the Euro 2020...of course then wheels fall off for the national team and they failed to qualify for the World Cup. Spain doesn't seem so much to have superstars as much as it has depth and solid play. Hell, 17 year old Yamal had great shots on goal in yesterday's game.
And Spain didn't have (for the most part) Pedri, or Gavi playing. They also have some more youth coming like Balde and Cubarsi.

Reaction Score
Spain is also playing a more uptempo attacking style and are ok with shots coming from outside the box.
There's no one on that squad without extremely high technical ability. Really fun watch

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Fallout from England losing the Euros final:
Southgate leaves England after Euro heartbreak
Southgate was a good coach, just his team faced teams with a bit more luck and tenacity.
He's been there long enough. It's gets stale afterwhile. Especially for NT managers. Club managers, can rotate players in and out (buy, sell). NT managers are pretty much stuck with what they got (besides pursuing dual nationals). So it's usually easier to turn over managers. A cycle, 2 at the most, should be about it for them.

Reaction Score
He's been there long enough. It's gets stale afterwhile. Especially for NT managers. Club managers, can rotate players in and out (buy, sell). NT managers are pretty much stuck with what they got (besides pursuing dual nationals). So it's usually easier to turn over managers. A cycle, 2 at the most, should be about it for them.

I am a one cycle proponent.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scorpio1

Top Bottom