UConns should domin8 | The Boneyard

UConns should domin8

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I keep hearing about UConn hasnt played anybody yet and they havent. However how many really good teams are there like UConn. Well we know Stanford LVille SC Baylor are at the top. Then NC State Arizona Oregon I would pick next. I havent seen the rest but I feel thats about it for really good teams.

DePaul is good and really good when hitting their treys. Geno knows how to defend them. We will get a pretty good indication of where we're at after the DePaul game. Then its Baylor who is not a great three point shooting team. Baylor lacks a really good point guard. If UConn packs it in I would expect Baylor to try and create their own shot which means less ball movement. IMO this season Baylor is a lesser team then last season and UConn is far better then last season. This is a really good test for Liv because Egbo and Gusters are pretty good bigs. With that said Liv should dominate and her confidence level should be at an all time high. I expect UConn to work to get her the ball early and get her going. Liv will need to stay our of foul trouble. The combo of Edwards and Liv will be fun to watch. I will be looking for Edwards to learn from Smith who is a great player.

Baylor lacks leadership on the court and it comes from the point. As I mentioned Liv should be fine and UConns ability to pass and handle the ball will be key. I see UConn winning this game on the road by double digets. Paige will be on display for the entire country to see and I expect her to do her thing and put on a clinic. Shes a phenom and doesnt know it yet. The World of WCBB will find that out.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Baylor may not be a good three point shooting team but UConn seems to bring out the three point shooting accuracy of the weakest three point shooters in the land. Players who are weak three point shooters hit them against UConn.

Reaction Score
Baylor may not be a good three point shooting team but UConn seems to bring out the three point shooting accuracy of the weakest three point shooters in the land. Players who are weak three point shooters hit them against UConn.
not so with DePaul................I'm always worried when the two teams play that DePaul will have one of their shooting "A" games but historically that doesn't seem to happen..........sure hoping that trend continues......

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Make the shooters work hard for their shots and even if they go in early, most players will run down in the second half.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
not so with DePaul................I'm always worried when the two teams play that DePaul will have one of their shooting "A" games but historically that doesn't seem to happen..........sure hoping that trend continues......
UConn needs to stop Sonya Morris. She plays well against UConn.

Reaction Score
I keep hearing about UConn hasnt played anybody yet and they havent. Well we know Stanford LVille SC Baylor are at the top.

Baylor lacks a really good point guard.

Baylor lacks leadership on the court and it comes from the point.
While much has been made of Baylor's lack of a point guard, it should be pointed out that transfer Jada Owens (from UCLA?) is now eligible and could be the answer they're looking for at the point.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I am very enthusiastic about the potential of this team
but we really haven't seen them play anyone of consequence,
so large unknowns exist.

I am heartened by the seriousness that Geno for takes lesser teams.
His approach, by no means new, is that if his team is performing at a high level, it doesn't matter what the opposition does.
He has thrived with this mantra for decades

So who is it for me to doubt that when we play the major teams,
we will be prepared.

Still, he does complain about the defensive prowess.

Happy New Year, Tony and all.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
so large unknowns exist.

His approach, by no means new, is that if his team is performing at a high level, it doesn't matter what the opposition does.

we will be prepared.

IMO Geno complains because he's always trying to get better and not become complacent. If you not improveing your loosing ground to everybody else. This is one of the best rosters he's ever had and over the next two classes they will only get better. Remember fans complaining about not bigs. Well we have Liv Piath and AE and incoming Amari DeBerry and then ICE. That makes us very big and talented. Yeah we're going to be on top for a few more years. Del Rosario is hopefully next

Reaction Score
so large unknowns exist.

we will be prepared.

Unfortunately in the women's game there are at best 10 good teams each year that a team can measure themselves against...Hopefully this will change in the coming years.

Reaction Score

At Stanford, we call this the Coffee effect. She historically averaged about 1.2-1.8 points a game in her final two years, but went off against Baylor twice, sinking a combined 7-12 from three, averaging 11.5 points against the Mighty Bears of Waco. We look forward to having more players infusing Coffee into our offense.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
At Stanford, we call this the Coffee effect. She historically averaged about 1.2-1.8 points a game in her final two years, but went off against Baylor twice, sinking a combined 7-12 from three, averaging 11.5 points against the Mighty Bears of Waco. We look forward to having more players infusing Coffee into our offense.

I guess Stanford Graduates are different than everyone else. :confused::oops::oops:

Reaction Score
Are the Stanford grads anything like Geno's favorite Duke grads?
Uconn grad: "Oh waiter, i would like a coffee without cream please.
Duke grad" I'm sorry but we are out cream, but you can have it without milk if you wish.

Reaction Score
UConn needs to stop Sonya Morris. She plays well against UConn.
Yes, she does and she is a good player. Evina I think will start on her. Aubrey will play her some and Geno will give Mir some time playing her to learn.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom