UConn's Paige Bueckers was expected to be face of NIL. Here's why we haven't seen more of her | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn's Paige Bueckers was expected to be face of NIL. Here's why we haven't seen more of her

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Let me take a shot at this. She signed with StockX. Any other deals will be run through her agent. I’m not gonna guess or surmise about any future deals. There, that was easy.
In the ESPN article

In early August, Bueckers selected the Wasserman agency and longtime leading WNBA agent Lindsay Kagawa Colas to represent her in all NIL negotiations, leading to the multiyear StockX partnership. Additional talks with several other companies are ongoing, with more announcements expected into the season.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
StockX Front Paige

1636578312795.png

Reaction Score
In the ESPN article

In early August, Bueckers selected the Wasserman agency and longtime leading WNBA agent Lindsay Kagawa Colas to represent her in all NIL negotiations, leading to the multiyear StockX partnership. Additional talks with several other companies are ongoing, with more announcements expected into the season.
What struck me about that initial Wasserman announcement was that not only is Lindsay Kagawa Colas Paige's agent, she is also the Senior Vice President of Wasserman.

Reaction Score
From ESPN:

“She is expected to continue to wear a variety of brands throughout her collegiate career off the court, leading to an eventual bidding war for her exclusive footwear and apparel endorsement deal with a future brand partner as Bueckers begins her pro career in 2023.”

2023? Do they know something we don’t?
In the video, Paige says, "In five years, I hope to be in the league playing WNBA." Do the math, and let your imagination run wild with the possibilities.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
What struck me about that initial Wasserman announcement was that not only is Lindsay Kagawa Colas Paige's agent, she is also the Senior Vice President of Wasserman.

Lindsay was a volleyball star at Stanford.

Reaction Score
From ESPN:

“She is expected to continue to wear a variety of brands throughout her collegiate career off the court, leading to an eventual bidding war for her exclusive footwear and apparel endorsement deal with a future brand partner as Bueckers begins her pro career in 2023.”

2023? Do they know something we don’t?
That's when she's eligible and ESPN has the WNBA contract. Just wishful thinking.

Reaction Score
In the video, Paige says, "In five years, I hope to be in the league playing WNBA." Do the math, and let your imagination run wild with the possibilities.
She is eligible through the 2025 season.

Reaction Score
Briana Stewart was the last woman with a shoe deal. It's not trivial. Paige is being represented well. A clothing deal was obvious. StockX was a solid fit. I suspect when she said it was about "equity" that means stock folks. Coby's widow just got $400 million from an equity deal. This was a solid match. A company going public is a good company to have stock in. The best thing Paige can do is to focus on being a great player. She ALREADY has accomplished her goal in life but to maintain that is so valuable over the next 20 years. Here is a link to StockX introduction. Any traffic they get from this deal helps Page and Uconn. Every ad they run is also an ad for Uconn basketball effectively. Michael Jordan took the NBA to become a household brand. Paige can do something similar for Uconn, and women's basketball. That is not likely at that level because she's probably not Michael Jordan right, and shouldn't expect herself to be, but she is having an impact. Why wouldn't a uconn recruit want to tag along to that revenue stream? Why wouldn't the next Paige Bueckner want to tap into that? Paige may have deals at some point involving at least some of her teammates. For example, a "Snickers" ad where she's at practise and eating a snickers brings her back to reality as a pleasant teammate again in a practise setting. The exposure she gives the program helps expose other players as well. This helps Geno recruit top talent. The StockX deal takes her Instagram account up another 20% by itself pretty easily I would think within a few months. I saw 8 press releases on this in the last 24 hours. Different newspaper articles about this signing. This is lots of traffic and branding for StockX. A very symbiotic relationship. Who does StockX want to go to their website? Gen X women and girls. Eventually it will sink in with the Kiki Rice's of the world who actually want that option. Maybe Kiki went to LA to do something similar in the LA market. The world of women's basketball has changed and the money is starting to flow. Madison avenue is discovering who they are. Introducing Paige Bueckers — NCAA Basketball Star and the Newest StockX Brand Ambassador - StockX News

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Regarding Azzi's deal

BioSteel Sports Nutrition Inc. announced an NIL deal with UConn freshman Azzi Fudd, as its first collegiate basketball athlete brand partner. She joins BioSteel’s list of elite ambassadors that include Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes, Dallas Mavericks forward Luka Doncic, and Christen Press of the U.S. women’s soccer team.

“Being able to team up with BioSteel and having clean and sugar-free options, I am really excited about what this partnership will do for my hydration routine,” Fudd said in a statement. “I also believe in the mission and values of the company and the people at BioSteel who are supporting me.”

Question: Can Azzi use Biosteel during games? In the interview room?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Biosteel sponsored a 4 part series on Kia Nurse several years ago. This is not part of it, but its Biosteel sponsored Kia Nurse. Hope ou are well on the mend Kia!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Biosteel sponsored a 4 part series on Kia Nurse several years ago. This is not part of it, but its Biosteel sponsored Kia Nurse. Hope ou are well on the mend Kia!

Uurg. Later in the clip, MSST game. :(

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom