UConn's Paige Bueckers was expected to be face of NIL. Here's why we haven't seen more of her | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn's Paige Bueckers was expected to be face of NIL. Here's why we haven't seen more of her

Reaction Score
Paige is being smart about this. There is a huge difference between the earnings potential of a star like Paige and the average player. It's insightful that so many players around her on the team are signing agents. There is so much "business" at Uconn that it's falling off the back of the truck. Chipotle made a wise decision signing Azzi as that girl has paid for herself already. Great representative for the company. Paige is making money right now from her Instagram feed already I would think and she has a great "brand". She's fun. She's "excellent". She's "the face" of women's basketball already in many ways. A role model for young women. Great personal ethics so she won't tarnish a brand sponsor. She's the total package. My bet is she will be in commercials soon and already has some deals in the works which haven't been announced yet. Her brand warrants not being sold to every "protein powder" company that comes along. She should be careful with her brand and shoot for things like "snickers" in the million dollar range. Not every deal has to be that large but she shouldn't settle for $20,000 type deals. Why aren't we hearing about shoe deals? Can she work with someone on a "summer basketball camp" program? Lebron made over $90 mil on his shoe deal in HIGH SCHOOL. Surely a women's shoe deal is worth a lot of money for someone like Paige. She may never have to work again if she can even get a shoe deal that is commensurate with her value. She should start thinking about what she wears in public. With the right representation she can just focus on basketball and having fun and still make a LOT of money.

Reaction Score
Paige needs representation that is truly tapped into the big sponsors. She needs to go with an org that is tapped into Madison avenue. There is a huge difference between representation. Go with a major company that has a great track record. Talk to Shack. He has a similar personality and would be a great resource.

Reaction Score
Paige needs representation that is truly tapped into the big sponsors. She needs to go with an org that is tapped into Madison avenue. There is a huge difference between representation. Go with a major company that has a great track record. Talk to Shack. He has a similar personality and would be a great resource.
You mean like this?

Reaction Score

Paige Bueckers Signs First Major NIL Brand Deal With StockX

Paige Bueckers is one of the female athletes who was expected to benefit the most from new NCAA rules allowing players to monetize their name, image and likeness. However, aside from signing with Wasserman and filing a trademark for “Paige Buckets” she’s been quiet on the NIL front. That changes today as StockX announces it is the first to sign an NIL deal with the UCONN basketball star.

StockX is a global e-commerce platform for sneakers, toys, electronics and apparel, serving 30 million global monthly visitors in 200 countries. It has signed Bueckers to a multi-year partnership for an undisclosed amount.

Through the partnership, StockX says its looking to highlight women's sports and basketball with Paige as the centerpiece. The brand says it will be working in partnership with Paige on community-driven initiatives about which she feels passionately, including furthering her mission of highlighting Black women and BIPOC creatives in everything she does.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Very smart and strategic move by Paige here. By being tied to e-commerce platform she remains independent of the brands. One day she can rock Prada and the next day Gucci. On her feet she can wear Nike, Adidas, or Jordan. On her wrist she can wear Bulova or an Apple watch.

Reaction Score
From ESPN:

“She is expected to continue to wear a variety of brands throughout her collegiate career off the court, leading to an eventual bidding war for her exclusive footwear and apparel endorsement deal with a future brand partner as Bueckers begins her pro career in 2023.”

2023? Do they know something we don’t?

Reaction Score
Congratulations to Paige although a little too much orange for my liking. Orange sneakers. :eek::eek::eek:
VY9V1.png

Reaction Score
"My partnership with StockX is about equity and authenticity," Bueckers said. "It's about product I love and about shining a light on all the creatives that drive culture. I'm here to celebrate them and, together with StockX, invest in making sure women and women athletes are prioritized, elevated and recognized for their style and their leadership."

Launched in 2016, StockX features more than 125,000 items across its marketplace from over 500 brands. The company saw sales of items total $1.8 billion in 2020, up dramatically from $1 billion in 2019.

Reaction Score
From ESPN:

“She is expected to continue to wear a variety of brands throughout her collegiate career off the court, leading to an eventual bidding war for her exclusive footwear and apparel endorsement deal with a future brand partner as Bueckers begins her pro career in 2023.”

I think they're making assumptions here. In the video above, she sounds like she's sticking around for her full commitment to UConn.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
From ESPN:

Her agent is very smart. She probably didn’t get the kind of deal for Paige that she was looking for from Nike or some other shoe company yet, so she put together an intriguing deal with StockX that preserves all of Paige’s options down the road. Stay tuned.

Reaction Score
From ESPN:

I guess ESPN is assuming at 2023 Paige will be 22 years old and is eligible to be drafted in WNBA at the soonest. We all know this is impossible.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
For those like me, who may not be completely familiar with StockX, this is a 5 year old company with 30 million global customers, annual sales that should exceed $2 billion this year and a current market value of $3.8 billion.

Reaction Score
Her agent is very smart. She probably didn’t get the kind of deal for Paige that she was looking for from Nike or some other shoe company yet, so she put together an intriguing deal with StockX that preserves all of Paige’s options down the road. Stay tuned.
From ESPN,
"Specifically, athletes must still wear Nike products in all official team activities and games. The Swoosh has long featured UConn as one of its premiere "elite" NCAA schools. Bueckers primarily wore the Nike Kyrie 7 in team-exclusive colorways throughout her freshman year."

I guess Nike is already teamed with UConn.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
From ESPN,
"Specifically, athletes must still wear Nike products in all official team activities and games. The Swoosh has long featured UConn as one of its premiere "elite" NCAA schools. Bueckers primarily wore the Nike Kyrie 7 in team-exclusive colorways throughout her freshman year."

I guess Nike is already teamed with UConn.
Yes that’s correct. But while UConn’s Nike contract prohibits Paige from wearing anything other than Nike gear while playing for UConn, it’s my contention that it is in Nike’s long term interest to sign a separate long term deal with Paige, before she hits the open market and has every shoe company in the world bidding up the cost.

Reaction Score
For those like me, who may not be completely familiar with StockX, this is a 5 year old company with 30 million global customers, annual sales that should exceed $2 billion this year and a current market value of $3.8 billion.
StockX offers high class shoes, handbags, street wears and Play Station, MS Xbox, Nvidia vidieo game graphic cards. Most of their customers are young people. Very good choice by Paige.

Reaction Score
Let me take a shot at this. She signed with StockX. Any other deals will be run through her agent. I’m not gonna guess or surmise about any future deals. There, that was easy.

Reaction Score
Let me take a shot at this. She signed with StockX. Any other deals will be run through her agent. I’m not gonna guess or surmise about any future deals. There, that was easy.
No, StockX is like Amazon or Ebay. They are not a manufacture company. Paige singed with StockX as their speak person not for a specific product. But Paige still can sign with Nike or other brands to represent their products as @oldude described above.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom