UConn's New President: Thomas Katsouleas | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn's New President: Thomas Katsouleas

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I think the only full game I have watched was Miss St. Don't get me wrong, I pull for them, albeit very dispassionately but the fan base is so insane that I can get some satisfaction after losses.

This 100%. Also, the occasional loss is necessary to keep the UConn fanbase as a whole grounded in reality. I'm convinced that the whole "going undefeated for four straight seasons" thing was very dangerous for the expectations of fans of other UConn sports. I think those who identify as MBB-first fans would have a healthier view of the college basketball world if such sheer dominance weren't in their peripheral vision.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
well we know charisma wasn’t a qualification. don’t get eaten by your chair prez

The only qualification is glad-handing. Such a pack of cronies college administrators. Gives new meaning to the reach-around bandit.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Judging from his otherwise impressive resume, I'm not sure he's ever been to a sporting event.

I'm not sure how you get 2 degrees from UCLA and teach there, as well as USC, Duke, and UVA, without going to a single sporting event.

Plenty of scientists/academics/people from that world have "normal person" hobbies too.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure how you get 2 degrees from UCLA and teach there, as well as USC, Duke, and UVA, without going to a single sporting event.

Plenty of scientists/academics/people from that world have "normal person" hobbies too.
Did you see the amount of research papers on his resume? LOL

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Two things I consider normal person things:

1. Sitting in a chair like a big boy
2. When being interviewed on camera, look at either the person interviewing you or the camera.

So I wouldn’t assume a ton of normal person stuff here.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score

2. When being interviewed on camera, look at either the person interviewing you or the camera.

I wouldn't assume much of anything from a ten-minute Twitter video.

But what do I know? I'm just one of thousands of brain-dead idiots on this site who's blessed by the presence of its only intelligent poster.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I wouldn't assume much of anything from a ten-minute Twitter video.

But what do I know? I'm just one of thousands of brain-dead idiots on this site who's blessed by the presence of its only intelligent poster.

You made your assumptions off nothing. I made two observations off a ten minute twitter video.

Tell me why your method is better?

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
You made your assumptions off nothing. I made two observations off a ten minute twitter video.

Tell me why your method is better?

Eh, not quite.

Reaction Score
I wasn't going to go there but, yeah.

The word "nebbish" comes to mind.

Still, his resume ticks a lot of boxes.
"a nebbish like you"...............Are you saying he's a modern day C.C. Baxter?

Reaction Score
Judging from his otherwise impressive resume, I'm not sure he's ever been to a sporting event.
For a person with multiple stated athletic interests, maybe, just maybe, Katsouleas actually has attended and participated in more than a single sporting event. In other words, more than some individuals may think or potentially not have participated in as university students. And, water polo ain't exactly a wimpy sport.

"In his spare time, Katsouleas enjoys sailing, swimming, surfing, water skiing, and other water sports. In fact, the former ocean lifeguard has jokingly noted that he competed 'briefly, proudly, and ingloriously' as a student-athlete playing water polo during his college days."

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
For a person with multiple stated athletic interests, maybe, just maybe, Katsouleas actually has attended and participated in more than a single sporting event. In other words, more than some individuals may think or potentially not have participated in as university students. And, water polo ain't exactly a wimpy sport.

"In his spare time, Katsouleas enjoys sailing, swimming, surfing, water skiing, and other water sports. In fact, the former ocean lifeguard has jokingly noted that he competed 'briefly, proudly, and ingloriously' as a student-athlete playing water polo during his college days."

Sounds like a perfect fit for an FBS basketball, hockey, soccer & baseball school.

You almost can’t make it up. The school was funded by Connecticut taxpayers BECAUSE THEY WON AT BASKETBALL.

Our reward is bankrolling academics who won’t even give us decent basketball while they pay their cronies off.

Yet out of state chuckleheads lecture us every step of the way.

Reaction Score
He's like a greek Eugene Levy with the two left feet and everything.

Reaction Score

Maybe Sam Elliott took inspiration for the movie role after visiting President Katsouleas?

lifeguard-6.jpg

Reaction Score

I noticed that too, comes from staring at and writing on a chalkboard all day. He definitely is a physicist, that's for sure. Maybe a little nerdy but I like him, I think he's a good choice for UConn President.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I noticed that too, comes from staring at and writing on a chalkboard all day. He definitely is a physicist, that's for sure. Maybe a little nerdy but I like him, I think he's a good choice for UConn President.

You’d like any physicist.

Hopefully when he has to convince the legislature they need to provide him funding he doesn’t stare at their shoes.

Reaction Score
Or women's basketball, or ice hockey, or baseball. We're only allowed to support 1 sport each here at UConn.

Actively rooting against programs is encouraged too.

Just our lousy Football team is what we root against.

Reaction Score
Just our lousy Football team is what we root against.
Shut up. And I say that as someone who doesn't care for football much anymore. Favorite sport is ice hockey. And I go to more Yale and Sacred Heart games than UConn hockey these days.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
He has no intention of getting us into a P5 conference. Awesome! Just great!!!! Yaaaaay!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom