UConn's last buzzer beater | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn's last buzzer beater

Reaction Score
Yes. Crazy game. Probably Sid’s best game. That was the day Kobe died. And the fans (including me) were out for blood that day because of the officiating. Frustration was so high in those days.
No it was not the day Kobe died. Kobe died the day of a Tulsa OT game when Vital hit 3 free throws at the end of regulation to force OT. You are thinking a few weeks prior to the Kobe day.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I miss playing Cincy. Those games were always getting heated. Probably not the same without the angry elf on the sidelines though
Looking back, we always did well in the AAC tournament too before the slide happened.

Made it to the championship game all three times with two losses to Patino and Larry Brown.

Reaction Score
Looking back, we always did well in the AAC tournament too before the slide happened.

Made it to the championship game all three times with two losses to Patino and Larry Brown.
And it was really only 3 truly bad years too. Funny enough, Hurley’s first year was our worst conference record in the AAC. I think we would have won the AAC Tourney in Hurley’s 2nd season before covid ended everything. That team, like all Hurley teams so far, started clicking in late Feb/March and won 6 out of their final 7 games, with the one loss in double overtime.

Those SMU teams were so damn annoying. We did win the AAC Tourney in 2016 though

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
And it was really only 3 truly bad years too. Funny enough, Hurley’s first year was our worst conference record in the AAC. I think we would have won the AAC Tourney in Hurley’s 2nd season before covid ended everything. That team, like all Hurley teams so far, started clicking in late Feb/March and won 6 out of their final 7 games, with the one loss in double overtime.

Those SMU teams were so damn annoying. We did win the AAC Tourney in 2016 though
Yeah, any hoops team coached by a guy who’s won an NBA Finals is going to be pretty good regardless of who they are. How the hell did Larry Brown end up there in the first place?? Has to be one of the more random coaching spots for that accomplished of a coach.

That Hurley team seemed ready to face anybody in the tourney. The 2016 team did well for the most part too just ran into #1 seeded Kansas that year.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score

Nic Moore.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Does anyone know when uconn men's basketball last buzzer beater to win the game was? I was thinking the December 2013 game vs Florida at Gampel Pavilion when Shabazz hit that shot. Was there one after that?
Apparently not.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I miss playing Cincy. Those games were always getting heated. Probably not the same without the angry elf on the sidelines though
Angry elf? I like it. I went with demented leprechaun.

Reaction Score
I don't know about the last one, but the first one I saw was my freshman year (1968-69) when UConn won only five games. One of them was a 74-72 win over BU on a Bobby Boyd (I think) baseline jumper at the buzzer. That team started 0-10 and beat Syracuse, believe it or not, for their first win, 103-94 at the old field house.

Reaction Score
How about the best buzzer beater and best call by Sean M:

One of the guys from that Washington team worked at the W in Westwood (LA) - I used to stay there a lot and every time I had UCONN gear on he would just cringe. Said he never quite got over that game.

Reaction Score
How about the best buzzer beater and best call by Sean M:

One of the images that sticks with me on that play was Kevin Freeman still laying on the floor after everyone else got up from the celebration. He had given it everything, and looked to be still recovering.

Reaction Score
One of the images that sticks with me on that play was Kevin Freeman still laying on the floor after everyone else got up from the celebration. He had given it everything, and looked to be still recovering.

Jake got hammered on his shot and Rip as well on his first attempt no call, as expected end of a game. The toughness of keeping it alive, El Amin being part of that down low was deserving.

Reaction Score

They did, but SMU was banned from playing in that tourney. It's still a good accomplishment to win the AAC since there were other good teams, but SMU was a top 25 team that year and they split with UConn which included the game at Moody's where they won by 26 and their point guard was throwing alley oops off the backboard on fast breaks.

It's interesting that UConn never won at Moody's, not that it matter's all that much now.

Reaction Score
Buzzer beaters are fun, but I could get used to their tourney approach of beating everyone by 100.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom