UCONN's Keys to Maserati | The Boneyard

UCONN's Keys to Maserati

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
... uhh I mean Championship.

Just figured I'd start a threat for everyone to post what they believe the key strategies could/should be going into this Undefeated Matchup.

D: Specifically on Lloyd and McBride. I believe Moriah can handle Lloyd one on one. At least enough to annoy her, still think shes a guaranteed 10 pts because of her pure skill n athleticism. As for McBride, im confident Bria can handle her, but if we decide to go into our Big 3 line up it will be KMLs assignment. If KML can handle her, i believe ND wont have the firepower to keep up. We have seen an increased intensity level from Kaleena (except last nights first half) that I believe is enough to hold McBride to mid teens. The ND offense now runs through these two and need to be stopped. I have no real worry about NDs points in the paint, cause our trees wont allow any. Perimeter D will be huge on Tuesday.

Stewie: Our AP POY needs to play two full halves on both ends. ND has no real match up for her, especially with their best post out. She knows she can play well against the Irish, and hopefully well have a repeat of last years performance on this stage. We win by committee but we kill with a star performance.

Kiah: Shes the definition of workhorse for this team. We know she will block and get rebounds and we win because of it. So adding any amount of points takes our strides even farther. The Stanford game showed an offensive minded Stokes as well as a team effort to get her the ball. This added offensive threat creates even more stress on ND when planning a defensive strategy. The lack of ND size will be an easy exploit and Kiah can be a huge factor down low.

Im unsure whether the gameplan will be guard oriented or an exploitation of size, but im confident the Huskies have the ability to win both. Go HUSKIES

Reaction Score
Glad you picked an Italian car and not something like an Alesbury or a Shamrock car.

I see a repeat of last year's final 4 game. Geno's genius is focusing his players for this one moment and the ladies will not be denied!!! The only unknown is which Huskies will be the ones to step up big time on Tuesday night.

Reaction Score
As Stanford, and Chiney found out last night, there are few free looks against UConn. Chiney got the ball on one play on the low blocks, looked like an easy 2 points, Stewie came from no-where, and swatted the ball out of bounds. It was the semi-final game last year when the UConn defense became so dominate, and has carried over to this year. You may hit a few shots early as Thompson did , but eventually UConn will get to you, and you can't continuously bank in desperation shots with the clock running down.

Reaction Score
If UConn plays a little offense before half time, this game is easily theirs. Stewie needs to be on from the tip, and play like the upperclassman that she'll be in a couple of days.

Reaction Score
KEYS: I'd say any or all could be important to one degree or another.: DOLSON: more time down low on offense (been doing a nice job down there on defense)......being more aggressive in challenging the three when on D outside. HARTLEY: (Harley to some) not trying to do it all by herself on O. Being at her most challenging on D. STOKES: Showing the kind of hustle and commitment she showed last night, including putting up shots down low. BANKS: Relaxing! LEWIS: just keeping it going on both ends as she has been. STEWART: having better fortune with shots. JEFF: just keep on truckin. TUCK: just keep on lookin good. CHONG: Shoot it. LAWLOR AND PULIDO: keep on the terrific support. TEAM: do not play at a frenetic pace, and be tough with these guys, as Dolson was with Stanford. COACHES: do your fine thing collectively.

Reaction Score
... uhh I mean Championship.

Just figured I'd start a threat for everyone to post what they believe the key strategies could/should be going into this Undefeated Matchup.

D: Specifically on Lloyd and McBride. I believe Moriah can handle Lloyd one on one. At least enough to annoy her, still think shes a guaranteed 10 pts because of her pure skill n athleticism. As for McBride, im confident Bria can handle her, but if we decide to go into our Big 3 line up it will be KMLs assignment. If KML can handle her, i believe ND wont have the firepower to keep up. We have seen an increased intensity level from Kaleena (except last nights first half) that I believe is enough to hold McBride to mid teens. The ND offense now runs through these two and need to be stopped. I have no real worry about NDs points in the paint, cause our trees wont allow any. Perimeter D will be huge on Tuesday.

Stewie: Our AP POY needs to play two full halves on both ends. ND has no real match up for her, especially with their best post out. She knows she can play well against the Irish, and hopefully well have a repeat of last years performance on this stage. We win by committee but we kill with a star performance.

Kiah: Shes the definition of workhorse for this team. We know she will block and get rebounds and we win because of it. So adding any amount of points takes our strides even farther. The Stanford game showed an offensive minded Stokes as well as a team effort to get her the ball. This added offensive threat creates even more stress on ND when planning a defensive strategy. The lack of ND size will be an easy exploit and Kiah can be a huge factor down low.

Im unsure whether the gameplan will be guard oriented or an exploitation of size, but im confident the Huskies have the ability to win both. Go HUSKIES

Bottom line is Loyd and McBride are two prolithic scorers and thinking UConn can hold them to 10 or fewer points each is just not realistic to me. They WILL each get 15 - 20 pts and honestly that is FINE as long as UConn can shut down Reimer, Allen, Mabrey, Wright, and Braker. I do think that Jefferson can harass Loyd enough and keep her somewhat contained. However KML is just not a good enough defender and is just too slow to keep McBride in check. IMHO Hartley has a big job and needs to channel her inner Faris and play tough D all night on McBride.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Bottom line is Loyd and McBride are two prolithic scorers and thinking UConn can hold them to 10 or fewer points each is just not realistic to me. They WILL each get 15 - 20 pts and honestly that is FINE as long as UConn can shut down Reimer, Allen, Mabrey, Wright, and Braker. I do think that Jefferson can harass Loyd enough and keep her somewhat contained. However KML is just not a good enough defender and is just too slow to keep McBride in check. IMHO Hartley has a big job and needs to channel her inner Faris and play tough D all night on McBride.
Did I miss something? Who said they could hold Loyd and McBride to 10 or fewer points?

Reaction Score
Did I miss something? Who said they could hold Loyd and McBride to 10 or fewer points?

In my OP I said Lloyd is guaranteed 10. They were likely referencing that. I believe both will score in double digits it's just a matter of how high those digits are depending how well we defend. My point was we could still win giving them the 20+ pt total together.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Hey we all want our players to play at the top of their but what is going to happen tomorrow nite is we will come out and ND will come out and we will play our game and they will play their game and both teams will make adjustments as the game progresses and thats just the way it is every game. ND has something to prove and UConn doesnt. UConn is UConn and everybody knows it. Even undefeated ND is second to UConn. That's just the way it is.

Reaction Score
Part of every teams problem against UConn is playing against UConn's defense wears you out. Then you have to turn around on the other side, and play against their offense, there are no weak links, so its just a matter of time until UConn puts the hammer down.

Reaction Score
KEYS: I'd say any or all could be important to one degree or another.: DOLSON: more time down low on offense (been doing a nice job down there on defense).being more aggressive in challenging the three when on D outside. HARTLEY: (Harley to some) not trying to do it all by herself on O. Being at her most challenging on D. STOKES: Showing the kind of hustle and commitment she showed last night, including putting up shots down low. BANKS: Relaxing! LEWIS: just keeping it going on both ends as she has been. STEWART: having better fortune with shots. JEFF: just keep on truckin. TUCK: just keep on lookin good. CHONG: Shoot it. LAWLOR AND PULIDO: keep on the terrific support. TEAM: do not play at a frenetic pace, and be tough with these guys, as Dolson was with Stanford. COACHES: do your fine thing collectively.

To whom is Hartley Harley...maybe just you?

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
Maryland really did badly making any adjustments and didn't do anything to D up McBride. That will not happen with Uconn and I cannot wait to see what your game plan is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom