UConn's Gibbs, Adams Get Jump On Teamwork At Pro-Am | The Boneyard

UConn's Gibbs, Adams Get Jump On Teamwork At Pro-Am

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sounds very promising! Can't wait until the season. I'm glad the Pro-Am is back in Hartford. I need to make my way down there one of these evenings after work.

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
Nice story... and a welcome change from Dear Old Dom (or DOD for short)... who almost never gives the kinds of player details and insights that provide value to these articles.

Reaction Score
Gonna be hard to keep Adams off the floor.
And yet he has explicitly stated his acceptance as the guy behind Gibbs. Kid is thinking long-term and only cares about UConn winning. I don't think we have ever had a kid who bleeds blue as hard as Jalen does. And that's saying a lot, considering what Purvis has been doing

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Gonna be hard to keep Adams off the floor.

Yes, it will be. But, now that Sterling is here, I think that it will be best for the team if Jalen does not start even if playing better than Sterling or Rodney. Looking back, I think it would have been better for the team if JC had not started Andre over Alex in 2012.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
I don't get why most get so caught up with who starts. It doesn't matter, what matters, is who's getting minutes in crunch time, not who starts. Heck, Tyler Olander started for our 2011 champioship squad, but was m.i.a. when the game's on the line. Starting line up does not matter.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Nice story... and a welcome change from Dear Old Dom (or DOD for short)... who almost never gives the kinds of player details and insights that provide value to these articles.
Nah he used to be bad and has been very good as of late

Reaction Score

Probably 70% of the Horde's offseason articles come from Dom, and 20% come from Borges. The other guys barely put up anything. I don't know what you're bitching about.

MrP

Reaction Score
Both look great, but I have to say... Does Adams even HAVE a left hand? He goes to great lengths to finish acrobatically with his right in order to avoid going up with his left. I suspect opponents will identify this weakness immediately. Anyone who has seen him play have input on whether this is just a highlight reel anomaly, or does he really avoid finishing lefty?

Reaction Score
Both look great, but I have to say... Does Adams even HAVE a left hand? He goes to great lengths to finish acrobatically with his right in order to avoid going up with his left. I suspect opponents will identify this weakness immediately. Anyone who has seen him play have input on whether this is just a highlight reel anomaly, or does he really avoid finishing lefty?
I know @Ricker has seen him multiple times. Maybe he can provide some input.

Reaction Score
I don't get why most get so caught up with who starts. It doesn't matter . . . .
It matters a lot. It matters because it affects mindset of players, it affects chemistry on the floor, it affects when the "shock troops" come in the game.
We just had a prime example of why it matters - a lot. Andre Iguodala went from coming off the bench to starting, and that coincided with the GSWs opening up the flood gates. Respectfully, focusing on "who is on the court when the game is on the line," ignores the prior 37 minutes which may have either put the game, or let the game get, out of reach.

Reaction Score
It matters a lot. It matters because it affects mindset of players, it affects chemistry on the floor, it affects when the "shock troops" come in the game.
We just had a prime example of why it matters - a lot. Andre Iguodala went from coming off the bench to starting, and that coincided with the GSWs opening up the flood gates. Respectfully, focusing on "who is on the court when the game is on the line," ignores the prior 37 minutes which may have either put the game, or let the game get, out of reach.

Did it matter that Tyler Olander started for us in a final four? Or did it matter that he only played like 2 mins in each game?

Reaction Score

I was worried about Jalen not having a left hand until I watched him in the ballislife all american game. He drove and laid it in with his left-hand numerous times.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Okay guy:rolleyes:

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
Probably 70% of the Horde's offseason articles come from Dom, and 20% come from Borges. The other guys barely put up anything. I don't know what you're bitching about.
I wasn't "bitching"... I was saying that Dom is a lazy writer... and since he's paid to write about the MBB team it is not surprising that 70 percent of our articles come from him. I'd prefer a writer who dug a little deeper and provided a little more analysis in their stories.

Reaction Score
Did it matter that Tyler Olander started for us in a final four? Or did it matter that he only played like 2 mins in each game?
He actually started every game of the tournament, and the BE final :eek:

Besides Bucknell and Cincinnati (10 min) he never played more than 7

Charles Okwandu also started most of the BE tournament

Reaction Score
I wasn't "bitching"... I was saying that Dom is a lazy writer... and since he's paid to write about the MBB team it is not surprising that 70 percent of our articles come from him. I'd prefer a writer who dug a little deeper and provided a little more analysis in their stories.

Beat writers aren't supposed to offer analysis. They're paid to get quotes and information, which he does pretty well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom