UConn's Freshman Mt. Rushmore | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn's Freshman Mt. Rushmore

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
There will never be a UConn Mt. Rushmore because there are too many qualified candidates and too many Boneyarders with justified opinions. Lets just let the Wall of Honor speak for itself.

Reaction Score
As a freshman, Sales averaged double figures while shooting 43% from 3 and 54% overall for UConn's first National Championship team. Your Frosh Mt. Rushmore begins with her.
A worthy contender, Waquoit, but I'd still have Shea, Maya, Stewie and Paige ahead of her.

Maya and Paige are inarguable, Shea was national FOY and Stewie was the NCAA tournament MOP.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
A worthy contender, Waquoit, but I'd still have Shea, Maya, Stewie and Paige ahead of her.

Maya and Paige are inarguable, Shea was national FOY and Stewie was the NCAA tournament MOP.
Yes, but my Mt. Rushmore's contain a founder. Lobo isn't a Top 4 anymore but she's on almost everyone's Rushmore. Also, Ralph didn't win a title as a frosh like Sales, she was a huge part of the offense. And who was FOY Sales' year? Did they even give one out?

Reaction Score
Who's on it? Or more specifically, is Caroline on it?

Caroline Ducharme has had an unexpectedly (at least to me) productive freshman campaign. But realistically, how good has it been? If we were to divvy up those coveted Mt. Rushmore spots, except restricting contenders to their freshman year only, whose busts would be carved in stone? Paige, obviously. Maya, no doubt. But who else? How does Caroline stack up thus far?
This is the type of start that is going to push me off the Boneyard.

Reaction Score
Since Mt Rushmore only has four spots, I think you got it!
I'd go with Shea Ralph over DT. DT was great over her entire career, but she was the main reason we lost to ND in the semis. Need to take points off.

Reaction Score
Possibly/probably the best freshman ever--on any team--were Maya Moore and Paige Bueckers. They would be unanimous selections.
+1 Stewart didn't have the season they did but she led her team to a title while the other 2 didn't so I make it a triumverate. many others had great 1st years but not at the same level.

Reaction Score
As a freshman, Sales averaged double figures while shooting 43% from 3 and 54% overall for UConn's first National Championship team. Your Frosh Mt. Rushmore begins with her.

She had a great season but wasn't the best player on her team that year. The three named were.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
1643416100497.png

Reaction Score
She had a great season but wasn't the best player on her team that year. The three named were.
I’ll go out on a limb and say that UConn doesn’t win the ‘95 National Championship without Sales. She gets my vote over Shea, and Shea is my all time favorite player.

Reaction Score
I thought Svet's famous quote was something more like 'I didn't come 3,000 miles to just set picks'
Another famous Svet quote: "basketball is an easy game, coach makes it hard" (of course said with a cute Russian accent).

Reaction Score
Definitely Shea ahead of Diana as freshmen, perhaps a couple others, too.

It's Maya and Paige 1-2 one way or the other, then Stewie almost entirely because of the tournament. Tough call for the fourth spot, but it's Shea for me.

Caroline's got a way to go, but has the potential, especially if the Huskies have a good NCAA run.
DT only had 1 bad game as a freshman, unfortunately it was the last game.

Reaction Score
Paige, Maya, and Stewie are obvious, then it gets a little tougher, but I have to give the edge to KML. 2012 was that weird gap year between Maya graduating and Stewie coming in. She was the leading scorer on a team that went to the Final Four, was extremely composed, and she just went about her business. Our FF streak would've had a break in it had it not been for her that year.

Reaction Score

And as Kelly Ferris said in the press conference after they won. If Stewie doesn't turn it around and become who we knew she was, we don't win this Championship.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom