UConn's First Practice ... How Tough Is It? | The Boneyard

UConn's First Practice ... How Tough Is It?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
our team is always one of the most conditioned teams in the country every year, the 5 games in 5 days was nothing to kemba and the rest of the team last year plus the NCAA tournament schedule.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
our team is always one of the most conditioned teams in the country every year, the 5 games in 5 days was nothing to kemba and the rest of the team last year plus the NCAA tournament schedule.
I wouldn't say the 5 in 5 was nothing. Kemba was totally spent by the end of it. But all the speculation about not being ready for the NCAAs was idiotic. These are 19, 20, 21 year old kids. It doesn't take 4 days to recover. By the way, I totally agree that we have one of the best conditioned teams year in and year out.

Reaction Score
yes I dont mean it was nothing, just saying they were well conditioned physically and mentally to handle it. The media of course made a huge deal over it like you said these are 18-21 year old kids its basketball they play in tournaments all summer long playing multiple games plus working out. Yes, kemba was tired as he should be, he just wanted to win so bad, and the team followed his lead.

DieHardHusky

The Blue Guy
Reaction Score
They were in the rec. at around 10AM this morning. ( I know because I happened to be in the gym lifting then) I did not want to be one of those people who stared through the glass with the selectorized machines and watch the entire practice, but what I did see was quite a fair amount of conditioning, A LOT of sweat, and who I think was AD on a bike for a good 30-40+ minutes (tough to tell since it was towards the far end of the courts) (edit: from reports it was Bradley)

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
"Everybody buys in," Napier said. "... Coach, you can't help but love the guy. He's trying to make us tougher, make us better. You hate it when you're out there on the court, but you love it later."
Gotta love Bazz

Reaction Score
Makes you wonder how Khalid ever survived. There were a lot of rumors about his 'tricks', including the Husky Run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom