UConn's European vacation

Reaction Score
IMG_2254.jpg

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Bonding at the baccarat tables...

Reaction Score
Lucky Huskies. I‘ve been to Monaco and Nice and honestly it’s one of the nicest most beautiful places I’ve ever visited. My dream was to rent a VRBO in Nice and it’s not that expensive and just dine, drink wine, and chill and hang out in the street in the cafes and restaurants around the flower market area. The French bakeries have croissants as big as your head. Seafood amazing. The private yachts in the harbor are ships really.
I didn’t get to go on a boat tour the way they did but it’s fun to just drive around on in the hills and see where people like Elton John and Michael Douglass have mansions, and where Princess Grace lost her life on a hairpin turn.

Reaction Score
I doubt that 'boat tour' is a realistic possibility for most tourists. That boat in the clip is far over 100', looks reasonably new, and I would guess is a full charter to accommodate the large group in the picture. In Lauderdale or the Caribbean that could be chartering for well over $100,000 per week plus expenses and a 30% crew tip. It probably burns 100 to 120 gallons of diesel an hour going through the water on plane. I'm guessing if it was a 4 hr charter it might have been a $20k 'boat tour', maybe more, but not much less at retail, given a grew of 6-8 pros, fuel, tips, and a per diem rate, plus sales taxes if they apply. It would be a spectacular donation if the yacht excursion was donated by the yacht owner, if it was a sports figure or someone we have connections to. At retail ouch.

Reaction Score
One thing is for sure. Danny never had a summer like this at Rhode Island. I hope (and I think he does) realize the opportunity he has here for the next 20 years and continues to build upon what's already here, continuing to have perks and happy days like this here and he doesn't get lured by some shiny newer opportunity down the line.

Reaction Score
Lucky Huskies. I‘ve been to Monaco and Nice and honestly it’s one of the nicest most beautiful places I’ve ever visited. My dream was to rent a VRBO in Nice and it’s not that expensive and just dine, drink wine, and chill and hang out in the street in the cafes and restaurants around the flower market area. The French bakeries have croissants as big as your head. Seafood amazing. The private yachts in the harbor are ships really.
I didn’t get to go on a boat tour the way they did but it’s fun to just drive around on in the hills and see where people like Elton John and Michael Douglass have mansions, and where Princess Grace lost her life on a hairpin turn.
I’ve been fortunate to spend considerable time in Monaco managing a F1 sponsorship, and in Cannes managing a company’s primary sponsorship of Cannes Lions, which meant I spent a lot of time on the ground (and water) there planning and managing marketing activations. It’s flat out opulent. But not in a Rodeo Drive or South Beach kind of way. Less in your face. Also, as a person who only eats kosher meat, France is a kosher keeper’s fantasy island… insane kosher charcuterie in their versions of Stop & Shop and Trader Joe’s.

Reaction Score
I doubt that 'boat tour' is a realistic possibility for most tourists. That boat in the clip is far over 100', looks reasonably new, and I would guess is a full charter to accommodate the large group in the picture. In Lauderdale or the Caribbean that could be chartering for well over $100,000 per week plus expenses and a 30% crew tip. It probably burns 100 to 120 gallons of diesel an hour going through the water on plane. I'm guessing if it was a 4 hr charter it might have been a $20k 'boat tour', maybe more, but not much less at retail, given a grew of 6-8 pros, fuel, tips, and a per diem rate, plus sales taxes if they apply. It would be a spectacular donation if the yacht excursion was donated by the yacht owner, if it was a sports figure or someone we have connections to. At retail ouch.
Weird. You should check out the realignment board. Apparently UConn is poor and UConn basketball is finished.

Reaction Score
I’ve been fortunate to spend considerable time in Monaco managing a F1 sponsorship, and in Cannes managing a company’s primary sponsorship of Cannes Lions, which meant I spent a lot of time on the ground (and water) there planning and managing marketing activations. It’s flat out opulent. But not in a Rodeo Drive or South Beach kind of way. Less in your face. Also, as a person who only eats kosher meat, France is a kosher keeper’s fantasy island… insane kosher charcuterie in their versions of Stop & Shop and Trader Joe’s.

I like Nice - it’s a beautiful city to kill a couple days in - but I don’t get the appeal of Monaco. It’s a playground for Eurotrash to me. I suppose the F1 aspect would make it a bit more compelling.

Reaction Score
We spent a few days in Villefrance earlier this summer. A lot to love about the area.

Reaction Score
I like Nice - it’s a beautiful city to kill a couple days in - but I don’t get the appeal of Monaco. It’s a playground for Eurotrash to me. I suppose the F1 aspect would make it a bit more compelling.
Pretty spot on re: Monaco. A week around the Grand Prix with an expense account is great. Wouldn’t want to live there. But I wouldn’t mind a 2-3 month recharging of the batteries enjoying the coast from Antibes to Cannes to Saint Tropez.

Reaction Score
That old city Montpellier City-Centre not far from water. Old and charming but Monaco is just to see not to stay. To live in a nice house in Monaco you’re talking 10 million.

JCSuperstar

Garbage Time All Star
Reaction Score
Pretty spot on re: Monaco. A week around the Grand Prix with an expense account is great. Wouldn’t want to live there. But I wouldn’t mind a 2-3 month recharging of the batteries enjoying the coast from Antibes to Cannes to Saint Tropez.
For 20 years I wanted a vacation at Captain Teebs, I compromised.... I moved to a retirement community.

Reaction Score
That old city Montpellier City-Centre not far from water. Old and charming but Monaco is just to see not to stay. To live in a nice house in Monaco you’re talking 10 million.
Double that price. $20 mil U.S. for a three bedroom apartment on a high floor in city center or by the marina. It’s bonkers. More expensive per square foot than backcountry or on the water in Greenwich. Except maybe this property that just sold…

Reaction Score
Double that price. $20 mil U.S. for a three bedroom apartment on a high floor in city center or by the marina. It’s bonkers. More expensive per square foot than backcountry or on the water in Greenwich. Except maybe this property that just sold…

You’re rich enough to own an estate like that, and THAT’s the playground you get??

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom