UConn's All-time scoring list...update after AAC tourney.. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn's All-time scoring list...update after AAC tourney..

Oldbones

Hates Surprises
Reaction Score
Although the statistics are essentially correct asnd accurate, they do NOT tell the whole story. Our present fabulous 4, KLS, KN, NC and GW played in the very weak AAC. They won over AAC opponents by 20, 30 , 40 , 50 and sometimes up to 60 plus points so their total points were in some way inflated. Shea Ralph, Jen Rizotti, Swin Cash played in much tougher environment, i.e. the Big East. It can also be said that the Big East was the Big Easy in their days. Notre Dame was in the BE.
And, they had to walk uphill to practice and play at Gampel ; in both directions.
th

Reaction Score
Although the statistics are essentially correct asnd accurate, they do NOT tell the whole story. Our present fabulous 4, KLS, KN, NC and GW played in the very weak AAC. They won over AAC opponents by 20, 30 , 40 , 50 and sometimes up to 60 plus points so their total points were in some way inflated. Shea Ralph, Jen Rizotti, Swin Cash played in much tougher environment, i.e. the Big East. It can also be said that the Big East was the Big Easy in their days. Notre Dame was in the BE.
I respectfully disagree. The Core Four of KLS, KN, NC and GW play less minutes against AAC foes compared to what previous players from 20+ years ago played against BE foes. I would be surprised if any of the four averaged more than 23-28 minutes a game against AAC competition (save USF and maybe UCF). Therefore, the telling sign of their greatness is that they have scored so many points DESPITE not playing comparable minutes in conference games as their predecessors. If your counter to that is they have played more career games than Shea, Jen and Swin, then minutes played takes on an even greater role. In the end, we are very fortunate to witness what is probably the greatest scoring team in the history of WCBB (in terms of current career scoring). The only other teams that may be comparable are the mid eighties USC teams with the McGee twins, Cynthia Cooper and Cheryl Miller. We are too spoiled!!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Lou could wind up third on UConn's all-time scoring list behind Maya and Breanna, just narrowly passing Tina.
I expect Lou to be #3 or #4. That's very impressive, considering who would be ahead of her.

With 23 points, Gabby will pass her mentor, the great Moriah Jefferson.

With 64 points, Kia will pass her position coach, Shea Ralph. Shea will be proud.

Mister2

Looking for Mister1
Reaction Score
As impressive as these scoring stats are, what is even more mind boggling is that they invariably come about as a by-product in the pursuance of team excellence, not personal glory. I do not know of any other elite D1 team which shares the ball as unselfishly as the huskies--giving up a good shot and making an additional pass for a better shot has become second nature to generations of UCONN players.

I have little doubt that KLS would probably be putting up Plum-ish numbers had she been playing on any other ranked team with a decent supporting cast.

Reaction Score
Update after the NCAA first round

14. Stef Dolson (1,797)
15. Ann Strother (1,699)
16. Shea Ralph (1,678)
17. Katie Lou (1,656)
18. Kia Nurse (1,630)

19. Barbara Turner (1,629)
20. Swin Cash (1,583)
21. Wendy Davis (1,552)
22. Jen Rizzotti (1,540)
23. Cathy Bochain (1,534)
24. Moriah Jefferson (1,532)
25. Napheesa Collier (1,530)
26. Gabby Williams (1,526)

Reaction Score

But, it can also be argued those big margins of victory reduced the Big 4's total minutes played, thereby decreasing their scoring opportunities......:p:D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom