UConn's All-time scoring list...update after AAC tourney.. | The Boneyard

UConn's All-time scoring list...update after AAC tourney..

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
Gabby vs USF.jpeg

It is official, UConn now has four current players with 1,500 or more points. The three-game AAC tournament gave the Core Four of Katie Lou, Kia, Gabby and Napheesa plenty of scoring opportunities. As score they did, combining to outscore three opponents by 132-30 in the just 1st halves. ;) Here is the latest scoring list with the UConn greats who will be passed next:

14. Stef Dolson (1,797)
15. Ann Strother (1,699)
16. Shea Ralph (1,678)
17. Katie Lou (1,638)
18. Barbara Turner (1,629)
19. Kia Nurse (1,615)
20. Swin Cash (1,583)
21. Wendy Davis (1,552)
22. Jen Rizzotti (1,540)
23. Cathy Bochain (1,534)
24. Moriah Jefferson (1,532)
25. Gabby Williams (1,510)
26. Napheesa Collier (1,505)

Katie Lou has Shea in her sights and Kia could pass Barb Turner next game. Gabby and Pheesa can motor through Jefferson, Bochain, and Rizzotti with a strong few games. Combined, those four players have 6,268 career points. Wow..!! :cool:

Go Huskies..!!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
View attachment 29232

It is official, UConn now has four current players with 1,500 or more points. The three-game AAC tournament gave the Core Four of Katie Lou, Kia, Gabby and Napheesa plenty of scoring opportunities. As score they did, combining to outscore three opponents by 132-30 in the just 1st halves. ;) Here is the latest scoring list with the UConn greats who will be passed next:

14. Stef Dolson (1,709)
15. Ann Strother (1,699)
16. Shea Ralph (1,678)
17. Katie Lou (1,638)
19. Kia Nurse (1,615)
20. Swin Cash (1,583)
21. Wendy Davis (1,552)
22. Jen Rizzotti (1,540)

Katie Lou has Shea in her sights and Kia could pass Barb Turner next game. Gabby and Pheesa can motor through Jefferson, Bochain, and Rizzotti with a strong few games. Combined, those four players have 6,268 career points. Wow..!! :cool:

Go Huskies..!!
KLS and Collier have a good chance to both finish their careers >2000 points. They would be the first class to have 2 with >2000 points.

There's some numbers for ya. ;)

Reaction Score
Although the statistics are essentially correct asnd accurate, they do NOT tell the whole story. Our present fabulous 4, KLS, KN, NC and GW played in the very weak AAC. They won over AAC opponents by 20, 30 , 40 , 50 and sometimes up to 60 plus points so their total points were in some way inflated. Shea Ralph, Jen Rizotti, Swin Cash played in much tougher environment, i.e. the Big East. It can also be said that the Big East was the Big Easy in their days. Notre Dame was in the BE.

CBear01

Plan your work and work your plan
Reaction Score
Although the statistics are essentially correct asnd accurate, they do NOT tell the whole story. Our present fabulous 4, KLS, KN, NC and GW played in the very weak AAC. They won over AAC opponents by 20, 30 , 40 , 50 and sometimes up to 60 plus points so their total points were in some way inflated. Shea Ralph, Jen Rizotti, Swin Cash played in much tougher environment, i.e. the Big East. It can also be said that the Big East was the Big Easy in their days. Notre Dame was in the BE.
It's a different argument to have, and considered valid. But a point is a point. No matter who and against whom. Scoring 1500 is incredible anywhere any team any division.

If it was easy everyone would be doing it! (Sorry had to channel some Geno this morning lol)

Reaction Score

Good point, however I would like to see the minutes played for each individual. I would think that the BE supported UCONN's first teams to play longer per game (but I could be wrong).

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Although the statistics are essentially correct asnd accurate, they do NOT tell the whole story. Our present fabulous 4, KLS, KN, NC and GW played in the very weak AAC. They won over AAC opponents by 20, 30 , 40 , 50 and sometimes up to 60 plus points so their total points were in some way inflated. Shea Ralph, Jen Rizotti, Swin Cash played in much tougher environment, i.e. the Big East. It can also be said that the BigEast was the Big Easy in their days. Notre Dame was in the BE.
Killjoy :(

Reaction Score
Good point, however I would like to see the minutes played for each individual. I would think that the BE supported UCONN's first teams to play longer per game (but I could be wrong).
Just my opinion, but these kind of discussions are a road to nowhere. Stats are stats not determinants of who is a better player. There are too many many variables to consider. How many points would Katie Lou score if she played on a team where she was the main scoring threat (like Della Donne was at University of Delaware)? If Hank Aaron hit more home runs than Babe Ruth then he hit more home runs. If Tom Brady threw more touchdown passes than Peyton Manning then he threw more touchdown passes. Numbers are numbers. They keep stats for everything now and I don't see any reason to ignore them. Just take them for what they are.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Just my opinion, but these kind of discussions are a road to nowhere. Stats are stats not determinants of who is a better player. There are too many many variables to consider. How many points would Katie Lou score if she played on a team where she was the main scoring threat (like Della Donne was at University of Delaware)? If Hank Aaron hit more home runs than Babe Ruth then he hit more home runs. If Tom Brady threw more touchdown passes than Peyton Manning then he threw more touchdown passes. Numbers are numbers. They keep stats for everything now and I don't see any reason to ignore them. Just take them for what they are.
Yes, but even on the road to nowhere there are interesting sights to see! Not so good when you get there,but...

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score

So are you saying that Stewie's 3 years in the AAC shouldn't be looked at since the first 3 years of the AAC was her best years at UConn. During that time the AAC was considered a very weak conference, now it has gotten better, and will most likely continue to get better. Don't forget the Big East was considered a weak conference when it started.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You can say the same thing for all the big scorers. Both Mitchell and plum scored all their points in weak conference's against cupcakes. Lets face it the big east was only tough for uconn when nd had diggins otherwise it was weak. Look how many times uconn went unbeaten in the big east.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Bingo. This whole "current players scoring is skewed because the AAC is weak" is absolute hogwash. UCONN plays a much harder OOC schedule than they did 10-20 years ago - our SOS the last 5-7 years is higher than it was 10-15 years ago. Aren't we #1 SOS this year? Moreover, the Big East was generally only strong at the top. The bottom was no better than the bottom of the American. Better conference for sure. But...Regardless..

Even tho the the BE was a tougher conference, that would mean closer games so star players would get more PT. Swin only averaged 15 MPG in 22 games her 1st year. Gabby only averaged 21 MPG her 1st 3 years. Pheesa only 23 MPG during her 1st 2 years. Maya averaged over 30 MPG her entire career. Stewie was over 28 MPG. Great players will score a lot of points no matter who the competition. Ann Strother averaged over 31 MPG her career. But her supporting cast was not nearly as strong.

I'm not saying you can compare "who was better" just by scoring numbers, but to disparage the accomplishments of current huskies because "the competition was harder in the past" not only is a disservice, it's flat out wrong.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Bingo. This whole "current players scoring is skewed because the AAC is weak" is absolute hogwash. UCONN plays a much harder OOC schedule than they did 10-20 years ago - our SOS the last 5-7 years is higher than it was 10-15 years ago. Aren't we #1 SOS this year? Moreover, the Big East was generally only strong at the top. The bottom was no better than the bottom of the American. Better conference for sure. But...Regardless..

Even tho the the BE was a tougher conference, that would mean closer games so star players would get more PT. Swin only averaged 15 MPG in 22 games her 1st year. Gabby only averaged 21 MPG her 1st 3 years. Pheesa only 23 MPG during her 1st 2 years. Maya averaged over 30 MPG her entire career. Stewie was over 28 MPG. Great players will score a lot of points no matter who the competition. Ann Strother averaged over 31 MPG her career. But her supporting cast was not nearly as strong.

I'm not saying you can compare "who was better" just by scoring numbers, but to disparage the accomplishments of current huskies because "the competition was harder in the past" not only is a disservice, it's flat out wrong.
HOGWASH is such a great expression! Your points are good, but your lead in was superb. :)

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
If it was easy everyone would be doing it! (Sorry had to channel some Geno this morning lol)

Since joining the AAC, can you name any UConn starter who hasn't scored at least 1500 points? ( IOW, everyone IS doing it!)

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
HOGWASH is such a great expression! Your points are good, but your lead in was superb. :)
It was that or "poppycock". I didn't want the word I used to be offensive, but I do feel it's an insult to both past and current players to argue the "competition" is less these days, and therefore scoring numbers are skewed and somewhat meaningless.

One other thing to add - There are more talented players across the board than ever before. While UCONN is enjoying unprecedented success at the very top, there is more parity than ever before. Most teams in the top 20 have at least 1 HS AA on their roster, and most of the schools have multiple. That means really good players are choosing schools all over the country.

So... one could argue the opposite - that the WCBB landscape has more parity than ever, and that the success that current players are enjoying from a "points scored" perspective is even more impressive since the competition out there is fiercer. And given our SOS is stronger than ever means the games are harder than ever.

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
Since joining the AAC, can you name any UConn starter who hasn't scored at least 1500 points? ( IOW, everyone IS doing it!)

Morgan Tuck (1,298) 71 starts...
Saniya Chong (808) 43 starts...
;)

Reaction Score
What is interesting is Lou has a higher average out of conference which is against tougher opponents. Also, she is usually out before the end of the 3rd in those conference games. So the conference games have actually brought down her average.

CBear01

Plan your work and work your plan
Reaction Score
You're talking UCONN here kid. You can ask a multitide of similar questions...can you name a UCONN starter that hasn't gone to the final 4 (nope...10+ years going strong)...can you name a starter that blah blah blah.

If everyone can do what UCONN does then it would be easy. Tell me a team that has been to the final four the last 10 years in a row?

Point is...it's not easy. Maybe lots of folks at UCONN are doing it and it's bc of the effort and determination they put in. And the ability to give up baskets to the next open shooter. It's something you don't find everywhere.

I'm sorry but you are wrong. NOT everyone is doing it. Then it would be easy to accomplish.

Reaction Score
View attachment 29232

14. Stef Dolson (1,709)
15. Ann Strother (1,699)
16. Shea Ralph (1,678)
17. Katie Lou (1,638)
19. Kia Nurse (1,615)
20. Swin Cash (1,583)
21. Wendy Davis (1,552)
22. Jen Rizzotti (1,540)

Go Huskies..!!
These stats are impressing. Keep them coming. What are the chance for this grotto beat the last two years assists record? They will have to score an avg of 22.5 assists in the next 6 games.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
You can say the same thing for all the big scorers. Both Mitchell and plum scored all their points in weak conference's against cupcakes.

Yeah, a bunch of cupcakes in the Pac 12. Only UConn has more Final 4 appearances over the last decade than Stanford. The 'Furd was in the FF 2 of the 4 years during Plum's career. Oregon St. won 90 games over a 3 year period and made a FF during Plum's Soph-Sr. year. Another cupcake. UCLA has been to consecutive Sweet 16s and gave UConn a decent game in the Tourney last year. Another cupcake.

Arizona St., Oregon St. and Stanford are all known for stingy defenses in recent years. Must be easy scoring points against teams like that.

edited--Was Mississippi St. a cupcake last year? I seem to recall they were the National Runner Up, beat UConn in the Final 4, and had one of the best defenses in the country. Plum scored 29 against them in the Tourney. More padding her stats against a cupcake I guess.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom