UConn Women's Basketball Extends Series With Baylor, Schedules Series With Virginia | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn Women's Basketball Extends Series With Baylor, Schedules Series With Virginia

Reaction Score
Geno has said many times that it takes most freshmen a whole year to really understand his system, and be comfortable in it, regardless of their BB IQ or their physical skill set. It appears than Megan is in that "most" category.

What do their BBQ skills have to do with anything?

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
One encouraging, but perhaps hidden, note about this.

Not all players get 'home' games. But Geno makes the effort for all the really good ones.

Scheduling a UVa game says something about GA's expectations for MW.

It is a two-year commitment and about 75 miles from Megan's home. So if she doesn't blossom, Geno has plausible deniability. ;)

Reaction Score
Depending on what day of the week it is, I just might make the trip down to C'Ville for the game. I have only been in the vestibule area of JPJ arena for packet pickup for the road race.
Really nice arena and good parking. John Paul Jones, was not named for the Naval Hero, it was named for a Connecticut Money guy.

Reaction Score
Geno has said (not me) many times that it takes most freshmen a whole year to really understand his system. Some take longer, regardless of their BB IQ or their physical skill set coming in. He says that there have been exceptions - Maya, Kelly Farris and Jemelle Elliot all "got it" almost immediately. It appears that Megan is in that "most" category.

As a refresher, here's Geno's take on his perception of freshmen that come into his program..

This is Geno's annual pep talk for Frosh. You missed Rene in the Got it category, others too I'm fairly confident. One kid, who probably no one ever thinks of I think "got it" too. DT.
I wonder did Sue, Swin, Tamika, Asia (sp), get it?
Megan got it last year, only it wasn't Geno's "get it".

Reaction Score
This is Geno's annual pep talk for Frosh. You missed Rene in the Got it category, others too I'm fairly confident. One kid, who probably no one ever thinks of I think "got it" too. DT.
I wonder did Sue, Swin, Tamika, Asia (sp), get it?
Megan got it last year, only it wasn't Geno's "get it".

At the time, I believe Geno said that he had never someone come in and "demand" playing time the way Swin did. Not verbally of course, but in the way she played and intensity she brought.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom