UConn women season tickets at Gampel are sold out | The Boneyard

UConn women season tickets at Gampel are sold out

Reaction Score
Headlined by the program’s celebration of head coach Geno Auriemma and longtime associate head coach Chris Dailey. The iconic duo’s legendary 40-year tenure together will be honored at the Nov. 20 game against Fairleigh-Dickinson.

Wow, 40 years is very very long time.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Headlined by the program’s celebration of head coach Geno Auriemma and longtime associate head coach Chris Dailey. The iconic duo’s legendary 40-year tenure together will be honored at the Nov. 20 game against Fairleigh-Dickinson.

Wow, 40 years is very very long time.
It's even more impressive when you realize it's been accompanied by sustained excellence. I doubt it will ever be matched.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I wonder how many season tickets have been sold at the XL Center? Gampel holds 10,299 for basketball while XL holds 16,294. Last year, the women's team averaged 11,181 which was their highest amount in 20 years.

This year, there are 7 games scheduled at XL and really only 1 true marquee game of SoCal on Dec 21 and a quasi-good game against Creighton on Feb 22. The other 5 games are "pedestrian" to say the least- Boston Univ, Georgetown, Providence, Xavier and Butler. If the team beats last years average, it will be a tribute to Geno/CD not due to the teams they are playing.

By my calculation, UConn finished 3rd in average attendance last year behind Iowa and SC. I suspect Iowa will take a step back and UConn could be vying for #2 again.

Reaction Score
I wonder how many season tickets have been sold at the XL Center? Gampel holds 10,299 for basketball while XL holds 16,294. Last year, the women's team averaged 11,181 which was their highest amount in 20 years.

This year, there are 7 games scheduled at XL and really only 1 true marquee game of SoCal on Dec 21 and a quasi-good game against Creighton on Feb 22. The other 5 games are "pedestrian" to say the least- Boston Univ, Georgetown, Providence, Xavier and Butler. If the team beats last years average, it will be a tribute to Geno/CD not due to the teams they are playing.

By my calculation, UConn finished 3rd in average attendance last year behind Iowa and SC. I suspect Iowa will take a step back and UConn could be vying for #2 again.
Since they reconfigured some seats a few years ago the XL holds about 15,500.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Since they reconfigured some seats a few years ago the XL holds about 15,500.
Actually, you are more right than I am but the total is 15,684 now. Thanks for the clarity.

What I do wonder is if the BET was still held in Hartford would the attendance be higher than what is achieved at The Mohegan Sun. Don't get me wrong, I love going to the BET at that arena but the fact remains the tournament averages less than 7,000 fans (6,993) whereas our season ticket average last year was 11,000+ (actual 11,181). It just saddens me that the BET doesn't draw better.

Reaction Score

Iowa and SCar have both sold out season tickets - whatever that means. SCar for example, sold @ 13,000 About 5,000 per game are held for students, Visiting schools and a small amount of upper level general admission tickets that are sold on Gameday.
LSU sold out their season tickets last year following their national championship.

Anyway, I think wbb ticket sales will Be up across the country. I think tv viewers will decline. We’ll see. I am particularly interested in how zUCLA AND U$C do with attendance..

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Actually, you are more right than I am but the total is 15,684 now. Thanks for the clarity.

What I do wonder is if the BET was still held in Hartford would the attendance be higher than what is achieved at The Mohegan Sun. Don't get me wrong, I love going to the BET at that arena but the fact remains the tournament averages less than 7,000 fans (6,993) whereas our season ticket average last year was 11,000+ (actual 11,181). It just saddens me that the BET doesn't draw better.
I have gone to the BET at the Sun-it‘s a lot closer to me than Hartford. I’m not crazy about the arena at the Sun, though. Physically, I don’t feel safe in Hartford and can’t think of any circumstance under which I’d attend a game there now. It just isn’t worth it.

Reaction Score
Last chance to see Paige. The fans that bought these tickets were not rewarded though. The Gampel portion of the schedule looks like nothing but blowouts to me.

Reaction Score
I have gone to the BET at the Sun-it‘s a lot closer to me than Hartford. I’m not crazy about the arena at the Sun, though. Physically, I don’t feel safe in Hartford and can’t think of any circumstance under which I’d attend a game there now. It just isn’t worth it.
It's perfectly safe to go to a game in Hartford. Season ticket holder and I've never experienced a problem.

Reaction Score
It's even more impressive when you realize it's been accompanied by sustained excellence. I doubt it will ever be matched.
Don't doubt. It will never be surpassed!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
They will pass Tera VanDerveer in wins in their 40th year when it took her 45 years. I believe that this record will not be broken in Women's or Men's basketball.
I'm with you.I will emphatically say it will never be broken, like 75%

of all the MANY records the Huskies have achieved. With 5 more years of coaching and (?) up to 140 more wins for a total of 1,343, It will be the Holy Grail on Women's BB.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom