UConn Women’s Basketball Freshman Christyn Williams Not Short on Confidence | The Boneyard

UConn Women’s Basketball Freshman Christyn Williams Not Short on Confidence

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
UConn Women’s Basketball Freshman Christyn Williams Not Short on Confidence

"Samuelson had high praise for the freshman."
“I think Christyn has stepped up in a big way for us,” Samuelson said. “She’s in a unique position where she kind of fits in with our group that we have out there. You know, losing that two guard in Kia [Nurse], she can step in there and she plays well with us.”

"Crystal Dangerfield likes what she sees so far from Williams."
“Playing with Christyn is great,” Dangerfield said. “As another guard, she can take care of the ball just as well as I can, so I can play off the ball.”
"Dangerfield also noted that the pace is definitely faster when Williams is on the court."
“We get up and down the floor, and I think that’s just going to be the trend for our team the entire year: to get up and down the floor as quick as we can,” Dangerfield said.

"Even head coach Geno Auriemma, who is often quick to criticize his freshman, seems impressed with her performance so far."
“Christyn Williams has come in as a freshman and kind of not acted like one,” Auriemma said. “She doesn’t have the mindset of a freshman”.
“She’s supremely talented and she’s supremely confident,” Auriemma said. “[Williams] has an aggressive mentality.”

“We’re going to get that championship,” Williams said back in June. “People are going to feel UConn. We’re going to win a national championship.”
When asked about it at AAC media day, Auriemma said Williams apologized to him for the comment about a week later via text, to which he replied, “I’m glad you said it, because now you have to live up to it.”

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I think she's going have a special place in our hearts for a lot reasons. She's a fun loving kid as we saw right from her announcement; she's a confident kid as we saw from NC prediction; and now we hearing that she's a talented kid.

I think Cristyn and ONO are going to give us a great 4 years. I'm excited about it.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I think she's going have a special place in our hearts for a lot reasons. She's a fun loving kid as we saw right from her announcement; she's a confident kid as we saw from NC prediction; and now we hearing that she's a talented kid.

I think Cristyn and ONO are going to give us a great 4 years. I'm excited about it.

Also love CW's adorable voice. It is so incongruous to her aggressiveness. :rolleyes::cool:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
As I said in a previous post, EVERYTHING I've read about Christyn is POSITIVE!!!

"Samuelson had high praise for the freshman. I think Christyn has stepped up in a big way for us, She’s in a unique position where she kind of fits in with our group that we have out there. You know, losing that two guard in Kia [Nurse], she can step in there and she plays well with us.” - Katie Lou Samuelson.

Crystal Dangerfield likes what she sees so far from Williams. “Playing with Christyn is great,” Dangerfield said. “As another guard, she can take care of the ball just as well as I can, so I can play off the ball.” "Dangerfield also noted that the pace is definitely faster when Williams is on the court."

“We get up and down the floor, and I think that’s just going to be the trend for our team the entire year: to get up and down the floor as quick as we can,” Dangerfield said.

"Even head coach Geno Auriemma, who is often quick to criticize his freshman, seems impressed with her performance so far." “Christyn Williams has come in as a freshman and kind of not acted like one,” Auriemma said. “She doesn't have the mindset of a freshman”.

“She’s supremely talented and she’s supremely confident,” Auriemma said. “[Williams] has an aggressive mentality.”

She's received validation from all 3 returning starters. "The team runs faster when Williams is on the court". Geno continuously praises her, and all of this after only a week of practice. :eek: What is she going to be like 10 games into the season, after she gets her "sea legs" and becomes accustom to her teammates and the speed of the game? It won't take her long to make these adjustments.

What more do you need to hear/read? You don't have to be able to read tea leaves here. Christyn will be the 5th starter!!! Who else is drawing the kind of praise, adulation and support from the starters and Geno that she is?

Walker and Williams will be the two new starters. Now we can focus on trying to figure out who the 6th man will be, because we now know who the starting 5 will be. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
"Samuelson had high praise for the freshman."
“I think Christyn has stepped up in a big way for us,” Samuelson said. “She’s in a unique position where she kind of fits in with our group that we have out there. You know, losing that two guard in Kia [Nurse], she can step in there and she plays well with us.”

"Crystal Dangerfield likes what she sees so far from Williams."
“Playing with Christyn is great,” Dangerfield said. “As another guard, she can take care of the ball just as well as I can, so I can play off the ball.” "Dangerfield also noted that the pace is definitely faster when Williams is on the court."

"Even head coach Geno Auriemma, who is often quick to criticize his freshman, seems impressed with her performance so far." “Christyn Williams has come in as a freshman and kind of not acted like one,” Auriemma said. “She doesn’t have the mindset of a freshman”.

As I said in a previous post, EVERYTHING I've read about Christyn is POSITIVE!!! She's received validation from all 3 returning starters. The team runs faster when Williams is on the court. Everybody likes her. Geno continuously praises her. And all of this in only a week. :eek: What is she going to be like 10 games into the season? :)

What more do you need? You don't have to be able to read tea leaves here. Christyn will be the 5th starter!!!
Who else is drawing the kind of praise, adulation and support that she is? :eek: I'll wait for your answer. :cool:

Walker and Williams will be the two new starters. Now we can focus on trying to figure out who the 6th man will be. :rolleyes:
I like Walker for the 4th starter and if Williams keeps producing in practice for the 5th starter. Her teammates certainly have confidence in her abilities. That's huge!

LasVegasYank

Never pay retail for anything.
Reaction Score
Ain't no quiet confidence in her.

It's in your face.....right where it belongs. :cool:

Can't wait for the first time she's fouled hard. Gets up and gives the offending player that "you're dead and don't know it look."

OK, I admit it, a little over the top. Sorry. Itchy for the first game.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score

Can't wait for the first time she's fouled hard. Gets up and gives the offending player that "you're dead and don't know it look."

Are you a WBB fan , or an MMA fan? Maybe both? ;)

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

That’s exactly what this team needs, a little “swag”!!!!! :cool: I love it!!!

LasVegasYank

Reaction Score
Perhaps we can also say, "Cristyn Williams: The Adventure Begins." (Remo Williams?)

I love it! Someone should tell her that her official nickname has arrived....it's "Remo".

Now all she needs is a Korean guy to sit with the team managers and help her channel her strength.

LasVegasYank

Reaction Score
That’s exactly what this team needs, a little “swag”!!!!! :cool: I love it!!!

Geno should tell them not to concentrate on offense or defense. Just kick a** and take names.

And have a good time. :D

caramel

A potential star is born from the dust over time
Reaction Score
Most freshmen hit a wall sometimes during the season and even Stewie did.Perhaps,this young lady may be one to just run through it.

Reaction Score
She's a special talent. She'll have to put the team on her back in the tourney if Geno wants another title. The team ball approach hasn't worked the last 2 years and it certainly won't this year with nowhere near the talent depth. Freshman or not, she'll be the difference maker.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom