UConn will surprise WCBB this season. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn will surprise WCBB this season.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
I agree with Tonyc...UConn will surprise even the most skeptical this year. Here's why~

Azzi Fudd is the best shooter in the USA!!! I am not even entertaining anyone else.

Aaliyah Edwards will play at an AA level for the season...she is on a mission and you will see her consistency throughout the season.

Dorka Juhasz will graduate this year as a top 5 pick in the WNBA draft.

Aubrey Griffin will remind us of the player she was before her injuries...she will remind us of the promise her basketball career held when she burst on the scene as one of the most athletic players we have ever seen and she will remind all of us of the offensive weapon she was in high school.

Caroline Ducharme carried UConn when Paige went down last year...at times she was the only player who was consistently a go-to and that was despite her injuries...which she is putting behind her this year.

Ayanna Patterson is a big body who will get better as the year goes on...her debut showed her potential...while she made some freshman mistakes she showed she belongs in the rotation.

If you are not excited about Lou Lopez Senechal then I don't know what you are thinking. We don't need her to replace Paige (she can't)... We need her to replace either Evina's or CW's production...(she will).

Nika Muhl's confidence will continue to grow, she will feel more comfortable shooting because the rest of the team will be making threes and Dorka, Edwards, Griffin and Amari will clean up her misses. She will emerge as someone if left open will be able to knock down her shots. Teams will not be able to sag off of her and that will give more room for the rest of the team to operate.

Amari DeBerry may not have convinced Geno that she is practicing hard enough and that may have something to do with her getting into the game in the 4th quarter however, she is 6'5", she is talented, can shoot from range, can block shots and can rebound the ball. When she gets tired of riding the pine and decides to give Geno the effort he is looking for...I cannot see how she doesn't impact the game.

Our new comer Ines Bettencourt is a true point guard and will give us valuable minutes when we need to give our point guards a rest or if they get into foul trouble.

This team is deep with talent, that will improve as the season goes on. The rest of WCBB has dodged a bullet with Paige and Ice on the injury list.

Reaction Score
The biggest surprise for me this season would be if we could have no injuries for the rest of the season and end the season with all healthy players incuding Paige. I will also be surprised if she returns at the end of the season to take the team to the final four like she did last year.
I don't think you read the medical reports. Paige and Ice Brady are " done for the season." Neither will be back. There is no fairy tale ending this year. But I agree, it will be a miracle "if we have no more injuries the rest of the season." Caroline Ducharme for example, is already questionable with a stiff neck. What is that? Another key point is that the team must get significant production from DeBerry ( in my opinion), or we are going no where. Dofka and Edwards are good, but they will wear down if the post position is all on them , all the time. And it is a bad sign that DeBerry only earned garbage time ( again), against a division II team. The canary in the coal mine .

Reaction Score
If Paige is ready to play this season then let her play .. that's what we all look forward to .. does she need more time? let's leave that up to Paige and the people she trusts, eh? everything else is just speculation, pure and simple.
Why risk not fully rehabbing 100% and reinjuring her self again ? She has a history now in 2 years having 2 big surgeries. She does not want to get the label of injury prone that could hurt her future stock . She has a career to think about professionally and with the olympic team obviously so let her rest she will be here next season as she's stated she wants her 4 year degree.

Reaction Score
I agree with Tonyc...UConn will surprise even the most skeptical this year. Here's why~

Azzi Fudd is the best shooter in the USA!!! I am not even entertaining anyone else.

Aaliyah Edwards will play at an AA level for the season...she is on a mission and you will see her consistency throughout the season.

Dorka Juhasz will graduate this year as a top 5 pick in the WNBA draft.

Aubrey Griffin will remind us of the player she was before her injuries...she will remind us of the promise her basketball career held when she burst on the scene as one of the most athletic players we have ever seen and she will remind all of us of the offensive weapon she was in high school.

Caroline Ducharme carried UConn when Paige went down last year...at times she was the only player who was consistently a go-to and that was despite her injuries...which she is putting behind her this year.

Ayanna Patterson is a big body who will get better as the year goes on...her debut showed her potential...while she made some freshman mistakes she showed she belongs in the rotation.

If you are not excited about Lou Lopez Senechal then I don't know what you are thinking. We don't need her to replace Paige (she can't)... We need her to replace either Evina's or CW's production...(she will).

Nika Muhl's confidence will continue to grow, she will feel more comfortable shooting because the rest of the team will be making threes and Dorka, Edwards, Griffin and Amari will clean up her misses. She will emerge as someone if left open will be able to knock down her shots. Teams will not be able to sag off of her and that will give more room for the rest of the team to operate.

Amari DeBerry may not have convinced Geno that she is practicing hard enough and that may have something to do with her getting into the game in the 4th quarter however, she is 6'5", she is talented, can shoot from range, can block shots and can rebound the ball. When she gets tired of riding the pine and decides to give Geno the effort he is looking for...I cannot see how she doesn't impact the game.

Our new comer Ines Bettencourt is a true point guard and will give us valuable minutes when we need to give our point guards a rest or if they get into foul trouble.

This team is deep with talent, that will improve as the season goes on. The rest of WCBB has dodged a bullet with Paige and Ice on the injury list.
I love this but Dorka will not be a Top 5 pick :( . Hopefully she makes the end of the 1st rd .

Reaction Score
Why is some posters so tentative about our chances? They post we lost Christyn, Olivia and Evina and their scoring will be greatly missed. I don't think so. Christyn was at 14 PPG, Olivia was 9 PPG and Evina was 9 PPG. From this game with Kutztown it look like their replacements will be Lou, 18-19 PPG ,Ayannah 13-15 PPG and Aubrey 13-15 PPG. I believe we overcome the loss with these replacements and do quite well. Plus from Azzi's shooting, it looks like she has really picked up on her scoring. Dorka is now more comfortable with Uconn's system and she will be a positive contributor. Caroline didn't play so her contribution will be speculative, but from last year I expect 17-18 PPG. I have posted many times that I think positive and I see greatness in this team.GO HUSKIES!!!

Reaction Score
If Paige is ready to play this season then let her play .. that's what we all look forward to .. does she need more time? let's leave that up to Paige and the people she trusts, eh? everything else is just speculation, pure and simple.

She is OUT for the season!!!!

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I share much of Tony's optimism with the caveat that I want to see the group play with as much confidence against the better teams.

The execution, (I saw the replay of from overseas)
was certainly promising and a fine start.

Posters have been commenting on who Ayanna reminds them of...and for me its crystal clear...
Jamelle in a walk.

Reaction Score
Yea, go back and look at some Jamelle highlights from 1995 and you'll see a smaller but tough Ayanna. I'm hoping that over time Ayanna can develop an inside game like Nalyssa Smith with a no miss mid range jumper.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom