UConn will be High Octane | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn will be High Octane

Reaction Score
I have to step back to you and anyone else who has watched significant play of H/S kids. The little I saw of the matchup - highlights only I think (trying to recall my memory which is not so good I think)- and from what I saw from the stats - they played even. If they played even - the younger player that's the quite a bit higher recruit I tend to think as probably being better though I realize that means very little and it's just a very broad generalization I'm making. It's just that I do prefer shooting to a degree.

If you say Iriafen is an excellent shooter - okay we'll see. But she was talked a lot on here and at the time and even now I tried looking at some of her vids then and now and the only thing I see at this moment (or recall) in regard to outside shooting was a jump shot around the free throw line maybe a bit in. Everything else is inside. So we'll see how excellent of a shooter she is. I can only go by what I see briefly and the ratings. From what I see- I prefer Brady- granted my viewing of them is very, very, very, very little. But I love skill from bigs. Love it. As a result, I’m skeptical of players that can’t shoot. Not all tthe time - for example with Patterson (another UCONN commit) - not a shooter- but I see terrific floor speed and tenacious rebounding. I didn’t see that type of explosiveness from Iriafen - but again only just highlights I saw so maybe she will be a beast as you are implying. So I understand your pov - and you have seen her much more than I. So we’ll see. I do hope Brady proves to be better though. :) But ofc not sure.
Re Iriafen’s videos, I saw much of what you did of her shooting range. But that was only her HS games and I felt she was limited by a couple things. One was her team’s offense which didn’t allow her to get the ball facing the hoop and pinned her to the block and foul line while being doubled a lot. And two, being her team’s only real scoring threat she was swarmed when she touched the ball and had no room to operate. So looking beyond that, her balance, mechanics, and release make me think she can expand that range. The video Sluconn provided above in this thread shows the work she’s putting in to be able to attack in the open floor. Brady’s HS team’s offense allows her to turn and face on the wing and the top and she’s a very confident 3 ball shooter and passer. And her post moves with either hand will allow her to slide down low to score and draw fouls. Like I said, both have great potential and I wanted both at UConn.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104
Top Bottom